Your best taunt in badminton...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ^Tayo^, Mar 17, 2005.

1. ^Tayo^

^Tayo^ Regular Member

Another funny taunt I heard yesterday.

Someone gave me a short serve and asked innocently me "why don't you just hit it?"
    I said: "it was too far, I couldn't reach it." :p

I know it's not the proper etiquette but in recreational games, I can't it help it sometime.

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Me to bighook: MAN, that's a pansy-a$$ novice shot! :D

Almost before he killed off my floater-drop!

-dave

3. MarkinJapan

MarkinJapan Regular Member

kouchou sensei!
    in regards to my opponents smashes
    "i thought you were going to hit it alice"
    just a little poke at people with less speed.

4. socko

socko Regular Member

Work
    After driving a friend's smash straight back at him, I said to him "Why don't you hit it with your hand bag next time?"

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    When flicking back an opponent's smash (doubles match), I made an exclamation as if it was a real effort to get back the smash. The opponent hit 2 such smashes in a row and I made two such exclamations. On the third smash, I calmly did a backhand cross court soft block return winner to the forecourt corner that the front player couldn't reach.

So my taunt was a couple of grunts and a defensive winner, No words needed :D

6. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

You sound like Han. Han yells a lot when he plays. Here's something he says, "Hup...hup...hup!!"

7. bighook

bighook New Member

student
    A kid I had just finished playing said come on give me a better game.I replied "It's kind of hard to top 15 love 15 love.".Dave[wood 22 chuck] I remember you also saying that while watching your net shot getting crosscourted while you stood there in disbelief.Lets see for comebacks there was also "where is your skirt Dave so we can play mixed doubles?" and "I see your wearing your kevlar vest again Dave" and last but not least "Lets see a little more wiggle with that jiggle Dave".I had another friend who had let himself go whom I said "Are you having twins or triplets".Here is a few quotes from people I have played and enjoyed "I hate it when you don't smash "and "You always make me run" .This one just got me silly as it was from the girl who later got my position as coach at the college where I was let go from for not being able to produce national badminton champions.Just as we were about to start a game she turned around and asked me "where should I stand ?". Anyways Dave don't forget your your vest. :D

8. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Heh! She must be quite a looker to get that job with her, er, experience:p.

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I dont taunt... usually i will just shout YES!.. or my facial expression will do the talking.. heheh :p

10. ^Tayo^

^Tayo^ Regular Member

(Recreational Doubles) We win the draw to start the game, it's 11-0 and I'm still serving the first serve. Then I say: "You guys wanna start over the game or proceed to 15-0 ?" :D

11. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    When myself and another guy play, I always shout very loudly (normally the other 5 courts turn round and look to see what is happening) "Come on Bob, give it some!" by far the best time to shout is when he is just about to hit a massive smash, timing is everything as they say :D

There are two replies when you are being beat badly, after the game has finished and you are shaking hands you should either say "general lack of interest!" or "thanks for the knock up, fancy a game?"

Another way to wind up the oponents is after the game has finished and you are shaking hands say "thanks ladies" even if you are playing gents or mixed doubles, always a winner.

12. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

I can't resist saying "Well left!" to a player who has either been completely wrong footed by my deceptive shot but the shot goes out, or a player who plays at the shuttle and completely missed but the shuttle landed out.

13. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Kind of like that when you send someone the wrong way is "where were you going?" when they have that what did he just do look about them. ;)

14. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    "You suck like a vaccum" Lmao, i use this all the time

15. LeoTheBearMan

LeoTheBearMan Regular Member

Student
    i usually give my opponent a smile before the serve, even though i am down by a few and had just lost the previous rally. when getting smashed on i sometimes yell "i could have gotten that" even though i was no where near it.:D

16. Dill

Dill Regular Member

If a good shot lands in and the oposition call it out, I normally just turn round and say "yes it was out, out of your reach" :D

17. j_e_thompson

j_e_thompson Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If the opponents have just smashed into the net I usually stand there with my racquet out and say "I had it covered anyway".:p

18. bighook

bighook New Member

student
    When I hit a desperation return and the opponent hits it into the net I say "Thanks I couldn't have done it without you.".When the opponent hits one of those shots that hit the net and just rolls over shots I sometimes say "You've been going to church again haven't you".When I hit a desperation return high and the opponent kills it I say "A litttle higher next time be better for you?".When I am playing with a much weaker partner and my opposition is constantly hitting everything to or at my weaker partner or if my partner is having a bad day and constantly hitting everyting into the net sometimes I will say "No fair 3 against one".When a kill shot is available with both of us out of position and the opponent hits it way outside I say "The barn is this way " pointing at the court.When my partner tries hitting the same shot off the serve for the 5th time into the net I say "that horse has been dead a long time already".When my partner hits another halfcourt serve after unsuccessfully trying it for the 5th time and eating it"They have a word for that it's called suicide".When my opponent says I came close to getting you I reply " Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades ".When my opponent changes his mind on a call "conscience got to you huh?"

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    in that situation, i usually say: "hey! i want to play too!"

20. tranvi007

tranvi007 Regular Member

Student
    Taunt

When they hit it out...i just stand behind the bird and stare at it for like a whole minute....