Recommended bags for few rackets, but space for plenty else

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by Aleik, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Aleik

Aleik Regular Member

Let's not get encumbered by detail...(is the taxma
    Hi,

I'm looking for a new bag (preferably under £50), quite a spacious one. Whatever site I try (UK) all the specs point to how many rackets you can fit in it: "Can hold up to SIX rackets...ermahgerrrd, TEN rackets!"

I do not care. I'm an amateur, I play with one, and have one spare in case strings snap. What I am after is space for shoes, clothes, towel, food etc, all of which I find useful especially on tournament days, but I do have to cram it all into the space remaining once my 38 rackets have been taken care of.

Just after value for money, i.e. one tailored to what I believe is what most players would find useful.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA,
    Alex.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Are you looking specifically for a badminton multi racquet bag?

You need space for three racquets:)

How about a bag that is simply an elongated shorts bag? Rather similar to the old tennis bags. They can only be slung around one shoulder rather than the present badminton bags which get carried like a backpack.

I use one. It is made by adidas but honestly, it can be any brand. Not so fashionable but I am more after something that is more practical for me rather than having a Yonex/Lining/Victor etc

3. Aleik

Aleik Regular Member

Thanks for that, it would probably do the job but are the rackets definitely safe if they're not in a separate compartment?

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    No problems so far. I keep them in a soft cloth bag which goes into the big bag. Usually have three or more racquets.

5. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    If you're after a bag with a dedicated rackets compartment and space for 'tournament days' (for me 4x shirts, 1x shorts, 1x socks, clothes and shower kit, 2x sweat towels, 2x shoes, food, towel grip, powder, camera, etc..)

...then you may need to extend your budget a tad. I currently use a 9 racket Yonex 'Pro' series bag (9229EX) and would ideally like something even bigger.

Wilson do these in their new 2014 Badminton range: http://www.stringersworld.com/section/1056/1/wilson

Both specified for 9 rackets... My sister has a couple in stock there I believe, maybe contact them by phone and ask about them?

6. Aleik

Aleik Regular Member

Many thanks for your replies. I've just found a Wilson tour duffle bag, for far cheaper than I'd expected to pay. There's a compartment for two rackets, wet compartment for all the sweat with clothes on it, and plenty room for everything else. Whoever else is interested this is cheap...it may be going off the product line or something

http://www.sportsdirect.com/wilson-...NxNuXTBhFk8348wAoTntFg1cj_OMwZ54XwaAnZ_8P8HAQ

7. wahchai305

wahchai305 Regular Member

i too have been looking for a replacement. this above mentioned one would do me nicely.
    however, bcos i live half way around the other side of the globe, the postage cost more than
    the item itself. [sigh].