Racket Recommendation: Yonex Voltric Z Force or Voltric Z Force II (both 4U)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by lj5362, Jul 13, 2014.

1. lj5362

lj5362 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum, so please notify me if this thread is posted in the wrong section. So, I am deciding whether to purchase the Voltric Z Force 4U or its successor, also 4U. I like to smash alot, and I am training my wrist so achieve the power from these rackets. However, is it worth it to purchase the Z Force II, in terms of the small increase in price from the Z Force and its capabilities?
    I've heard that the Z Force power slowly degrades after time of use and that some people cannot feel that "insane power" feeling.
    I tend to play doubles, being the person at the back doing most of the smashing and that is why I chose the 4U (with BG 66 Ultimax, at 25 Ibs).
    Hope to hear some thoughts, and thanks!

2. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Are you at the level of advanced or pro players? As far as i concerned, both z-force I & II are very demanding racket. Yes, the power it produces during smashes are awesome. Myself, liking the power of VT80 3U, play double, mostly being the smasher at the rear court, but until today still have difficulty to use VT80 for more than 40mins games. FYI, i've constantly trained my wrist using nearly 3kg dumbell since 3 years ago (30×5) for almost eveyday, shoulder lifting with 5kg dumbell (20x5), and some rubber-band pulling (not sure what it's called). I'll switch to BS11 4U or N50, and the smashes still as good. I'm sure z-force is some way more demanding and hungry for wrist power, timing, and proper hitting. I'd suggest to use more aerodynamic racket if you want to produce faster speed of smashes (brave sword, meteor series, arcsaber, etc). But if you prefer powerful smashes, then yes.. z-force is just the right tools.

3. Nova89

Nova89 Regular Member

I'll speak on behalf of the vtzf2 as I own one been playing with it for almost a month now. I love this racket from the design to its build. :D It's 4U, Strung at 30lb with BG 80 POWER.

The demanding part (in my own opinion) is about the racquet's sweetspot. The mishits are common to players who havent been training and playing enough. If your constantly mishitting the shuttle then this is where you see why the racket is rated as advanced level. It is good that you are training the strength of your wrist but you also have to swing and time the racket correctly upon hitting. It might take time to adjust with the feel, its head-heavy but quick to swing - aerodynamic quality. The vtzf2 produce a very nice sharp sound when you hit the shuttle on the sweetspot especially the smash.

Since you love to smash let me enlighten you more about the VOTRIC and how to smash with it. Like what arfandy has mentioned smash speed feels no different than my other racket which is also a BS11. COMPLETELY Relate and Agree 100% and this is with any racket. You can train proper swing/form to smash and deliver speedy and powerful smash but against advanced players the effective kill will not be based on what kind of racket you swing but rather where spot in your opponents court you will thunder down that smash. This is where the aerodynamic quality of vtzf2 comes to play and top other voltrics. The maneuverability gives you many possibilities/opportunities to deliver the shuttle in directions like crosscourts and opponent's backhand side :)

#3 Nova89, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  4. lj5362

lj5362 New Member

Thank you! :)
    I'm probably getting a Z-Force 3U this Christmas at MBS...

5. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    You sure you don't want to consider any of victors rackets? I am known as a racket whore out of my buddies and yes I have the Z Force 1 and 2. I smash harder than pretty much everyone I know except the county professional. If you want a great recommendation since you play doubles as do I, I think the Victor Thruster K 9000 would be a great alternative. That thing is a monster compared to the Z Forces. I didnt believe it until I hit with it. ;)

6. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

It's either TK9000 or TK6000, both are "Hercules" from Victor. Z-Force, consider them are a "Zeus" from Yonex.... which not all human can bring out its lightning bolt!

Alternatively, why not wait for Voltric70Tune? Latest Voltric which can be modified in 7 ways to meet your demand?.. it's probably out by the end of the year.

7. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    The Thruster K 6000 takes the crown over 9000 in terms of power but harder to control. Z Slash would be Yonex's most powerful racket even compared to both z forces and the z speed.