Australian working in Badminton shop in Osaka, Japan

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by JoeCalby, Jun 17, 2012.

1. JoeCalby

JoeCalby Regular Member

Stringer
    Hi folks,
    I have just registered.

I use the name Joe on the web, but my name is Alexander.
    I am in Japan on a working holiday from Australia, and found a job at established badminton store and web shop Shuttle House http://shuttle-house.com/en/ in Osaka Yonex, Mizuno, Gosen etc., if it's coded JP we have it.

My background is in bicycle mechanics and retail, (and I have a degree in Japanese) but I figured I'd try something new while I was here. The guys here have taken me under their wing, and taught me stringing and a bunch of other new things about the sport, and I'm looking forward to getting involved while I have such a good opportunity.

I most look forward to picking brains on stringing, attitudes towards products in the market, and gaining a global perspective on the sport and the market.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!

2. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Congrats

Hi Alexander,

congrats on your new job.

I try to make it to shuttlehouse about 1'ce a year, usually during the Japan Superseries. Will you still be there then?

There will definetly be a lot of people envious of you in your new position. Wonder what professionals will visit the shop during your time there.

Do you play badminton?

3. JoeCalby

JoeCalby Regular Member

Stringer
    Hi Shosasaki,

Thanks, yes I plan on hanging around for a while. Come on in and say hello!

I have to admit, I'm a complete noob. I could probably count on one hand the amount of receives I've managed to hit so far. I applied for a position doing translating and working on the web shop, but it looks like that's not what fate had in store for me!

Currently looking for a regular sparring partner in the Nanba area for mornings or late nights...

And a pair of shoes, as nothing that we stock is available in big enough sizes :D

4. kuan84

kuan84 Regular Member

Postgrad at AU
    Hi Alexander,

Are you still around in that shop?Might drop by for a visit today!

Regards,
    Ryan