RKEP Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by blindfury, Jan 29, 2013.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

At least they're all fast frames. :)

I'm finding the new white XP70 has a slightly thicker more substantial frame than the green one, and it feels more powerful, hits harder, at the expense of a slight drop in speed. So just attack more and defend less. Just a tad, mind you. But still brilliant.

2. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Yep, I feel like I can hit harder with faster framed rackets than I can manoeuver slower framed rackets
    I was just looking for a comparison and you've just answered that for me too :) Sounds like the new one could potentially suit me well

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Bear in mind you have to add 2-3g for the plastic wrap. Unless my scales are just that bad.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Victor double layer plastic is 2.5g. But RKEP single plastic is probably less than 1g. And from my measurements of RKEP rackets, Eric already takes that into account when you ask for a specific spec. So what you ask for is what you get.

#404 visor, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  5. forumer

forumer Regular Member

Awaiting for your head to head comparison between the 2 XP70.
    Currently playing with the old model of XP70 and very happy with this wonderful racket. So wondering if the new model can up the ante and play even better or at least on par?

#405 forumer, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  6. visor

visor Regular Member

Head to head review of the old vs new XP70's.

(Sorry for the delay in posting, just came back from vacation. And I had to accumulate at least 6-8 hrs play time before I could post a meaningful comparison.)

Having both of same specs 85/297, the first difference one notices is that the new one has a slightly thicker frame from 10:30 to 1:30. Even though it's still an aero frame, it cuts thru the air a tad slower.

The new head is a regular isometric, whereas the old is pinched in at 10:30 and 1:30, so the new one is supposed to have a bigger sweetspot, although I never had any problem with the sweetspot on the old one.

On playing, the new one is a tad less stiff than the old, making it noticeably easier to generate power for backhands, defence, clears and smashes, without needing to adjust my timing. Along with the meatier frame up top, I was easily pounding down some drives and smashes that were significantly harder than before.

Accuracy is just a tad less, but touch and feel is just as good.

I've noticed that some Forza and Ashaway rackets also have a very similar frame cross section and shaft and cone graphics as the XP series... which makes sense since they're probably from the same oem factory in TW.

All in all, a very nice improvement, making it more attacking than before.

Attached below are some pics for comparison.

uploadfromtaptalk1409635893885.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409635918605.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409635942244.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409635970173.jpg

#406 visor, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  7. forumer

forumer Regular Member

Hi visor. Thanks for that review and the photos.

#407 forumer, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  8. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    The head looks smaller on the mk2. Assuming the length is still 675, is the shaft or handle longer?

9. forumer

forumer Regular Member

[MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION]. Maybe it would good if you could provide measurement of the frame head vertically and crosswise in mm for both racket. Thank

10. visor

visor Regular Member

hmmm... strange... the old xp70 in that pic is in reality slightly narrower and longer than my other xp70's... probably due to the stringjob

the shaft and handle of old and new xp70's are exactly the same length

11. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    So its like 672 overall length?

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Probably 675 with the old one slightly longer due to the stringjob, but that's just a guess on my part

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, they're all the same length. Only problem is that I had compared with an old XP70 that's strung too tight on the cross relative to main, thus making it unusually pointy and longer by a few mm

14. forumer

forumer Regular Member

[MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION], between the old and new XP70 which will be your go to racket and why?

15. visor

visor Regular Member

^ for my counter attacking style (too old to smash non stop :p), the old one fits me better with its incredible accuracy, feel, and crispness.

But for those times when I'm feeling I want to be more aggressive, the new one has more accessible power for smashes.

16. forumer

forumer Regular Member

@visor : And basing on your experiences with other rackets you had played with, which other racket or rackets would played similar to the old XP70? Currently I'm playing with the old XP70 3U and loving it too. But also looking for another backup which could play similar to it or better. My style of play is similar to yours.

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah, I'm also always on the lookout for a similar replacement racket. :p

Probably MX90, BS10 from my limited swings with them. Hoping the Trinity Pro Kevlar also. Waiting for reviews on the new JS9.

But gotta bring your digital scale and ruler to the store to make sure you pick the right specs.

And that's why RKEP and Panda Power rackets are so great because you can get them in the specs that fit you. :)

18. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Check out Forza, Fleet and Ashaway, some of the models look n feel very similar to XP70.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Interesting. I know that they are all manufactured by the same oem in TW. I remember seeing a cross section and narrow head similar to the XP series in the Ashaway XT1000. Which one from Forza or Fleet looks the same and would have similar specs to the XP70?

20. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Yes, I was referring to Ashaway XT1000.
    For Fleet, look at their Triotec series. For Forza, i find my Kevlar CNT xpower 10k look very similar to the Triotec.