Li ning no.1 string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by T.O.P, Sep 24, 2014.

1. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Heard of new string from li ning which called No.1 String.
    So plan to give it a try on it. Strung on my ZFII at 26lbs with li ning no.1.
    I found that it's very similar to the combination of BG65ti & Zymax65.

It's hard feeling like BG65ti. but rough surface as BG80 (Not as rough as BG80)
    Repulsion I would compile same as Zymax65. Durability not sure yet as my string has been strung and play for 1.2months, so far still fine.

Tension hold very well with this string. Probably rough surface of string,
    Sounds not as crispy as BG65Ti, but metallic.

repulsion : 9/10
    control : 8/10
    feel : 8/10
    Durability : 8/10

Reviews above just my own opinion.
    somes may not agree with me i guess :p

2. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Do the strings shift? I found that at 26lbs and below, string shift is super firritating! But at higher tension, or at least 24 lbs with 10% pre-stretch, it's pretty good.

3. Gary Lim

Gary Lim Regular Member

I've also been using this No. 1 string for a month or so but I'm not so experienced enough as to give a review of the string. However, my amateurish observations are:

Voltric 03 Tour: strung @ 22lbs
    Nanoray 500: strung @ 24lbs

Tension hold:
    There's the usual drop in tension in the first few days or after the first match (not sure if it was pre-stretched, i don't think so).
    After that initial phase, the tensions been holding pretty steady - I use the frequency method to check periodically.

Durability:
    So far seems pretty good for a 0.65 string. I've had several mishits on my NR500 when I first got it, especially on smashes but the string still remains. Perhaps 24lbs means I have a lot more leeway in this aspect, so take my obs with this in mind.

Sound:
    Doesn't give me that loud "cracking" sound. I agree with TOP, it's quite metallic, if you like that "ping" sound.

I find it odd that the new strings are No.1 (0.65), No.5 (0.69) and No.7 (0.70). There seems to be a missing No.3 (0.67) that I would love to try on my Voltric but I'm pretty happy to stick to the No.1 for now.

4. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

I find this string have better and longer repulsion than Ultimax 66. And costs slightly lesser too.