Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Great idea, just find an escape window of a couple of weeks to spend at any beautiful tranquil mountain of plenty there to do such meditation under the guideline of some Wushu Master, whether it's in Shaolin Temple, Wudang, Emei, and so forth :D

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I love both your suggestion for LXR, learn to meditate and train under a Kung Fu master in some remote mountainous area with beautiful natural scenery, peaceful, tranquil, spiritual.

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    In addition to these, she gets post-retirement monthly allowance and many other government perks!!!

4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    And I just notice that this remarkable WR point by Li Xuerui was achieved under the least number of tournaments she participated among the Top Ten. 101,644 points at just 12 tournaments.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good point, noteworthy.

6. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

3 more finals to make it a perfect season for her. Can she make it and establish that great record? Only time will tell. :)

But i'm hoping that she could make it! :D

7. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    World No. 1 Li Xuerui overcame Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand in the semifinals, beating the 2013 world champion 21-18, 21-12 in just 37 minutes Saturday, reports Xinhua.

"It proves that I've been making progress since the distressing defeat at last year's world championships women's singles final," said Li.

"I can feel my improvement on mental control," added the 23-year-old. "I'm more patient on court and won't let myself make the same mistakes as I did last year."

Source - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...o-French-Open-titles/articleshow/44938086.cms

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Right, mental control, once she has that,she'll be unstoppable, almost winning at will, all-conquering in the true sense of the word. The only thing holding her back is her own mental hindrance, nothing else.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I also sense that LXR is somewhat impulsive by nature, could be, the way she plays exhibit signs of impetuosity, if I may say so; that's why I suggested her to take up meditation.

Her impatience to finish off the rally often led to inaccuracy and unforced errors to a higher than average degree among the top players. Chen Jin has said before he wants to work on her accuracy part of the game. As for her mental weakness, the occasional brain fade, I reiterate it is something only she can help herself to outgrow and overcome.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A piece of trivia about LXR http://sports.qq.com/a/20141031/073780.htm

The gossip about her being fond of K-drama (Korean drama) is not true, she denied it. In fact she said she doesn't watch TV dramas, what she is most fond of is reading mystery and fantasy novels.

11. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I think LXR is the most consistent world no 1 since the era of Zhang Ning and XXF. I think her achievement will overtake both Zhang Ning and XXF. Her collapse in WC last two years would be good learning experiences for handling the pressure of being favourite player in the major events. Her chance to take three olympics gold is quite realistic actually if she can sort out her mental part of the games and be free from injury.

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I think the worst example of LXR is to give the match to WSX without a fight at the recent French Open.

I hope she will not repeat this in future as it is unbecoming of an Olympic champion and WR1.

13. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I must say LXR is the most hard working chinese top player. Just look at how many tournaments she played this year so far and how many finals she participated and therefore the ranking points she collected. I am not sure why she gave up at the recent French Open. She may have a good reason, such as an injury.

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I hope you are right, then we will have a legitimate excuse and fans will understand.

But instead of withdrawing and giving a walkover to WSX, she went on to play and retired without giving a good account of herself. The umpire, nor the tournament doctor, did not announce that she was injured I think.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Even if LXR wasn't injured she was patently very tired after having spent most of her remaining energy the day before against Intanon R. Is 21-15 in the 1st set against a player of WSX's caliber considered as giving up without a fight ? If it is , what about Saina losing 21-15 after being 15-10 up in the 3rd set, what is it called ? And Saina hadn't played that many tournaments as LXR coming to the French Open.

It seems to me that some people simply cannot accept LXR losing to her colleagues, if she conceded a walkover, she is criticised; if she played and retired mid-way for whatever reason, she is criticized; the only acceptable result is when she is seen to fight very hard and win , never mind if she ended injured for pushing herself too hard. Mind you, in that French Open Final, even GC commented that LXR was a spent force as she had difficulty lunging forward to retrieve WSX's dropshots several times, esp when her trademark smashes were returned by WSX time and again.

I reiterate, LXR and her two illustrious teammates, WYH and WSX, were involved with each other in many well-fought matches of the highest order prior, and at the French Open, WYH has every incentive to beat WSX in the semifinal and see LXR beat WSX who would then lose some ranking points but still remain at WR2 for failing to retain the French title so that WYH can close some of the 7K ranking point gap with her.

Apparently,a 7k-point difference is not easy to catch up and overtake, not when both rivals are doing equally well more or less; it would require WYH outperforming WSX in a number of tournaments and subsequently continuing to maintain the lead henceforth in the lead up to the Rio Olympics. In other words, none of the three amazons can afford to take each other for granted as far as the two Olympic spots is concerned and they knew it.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    This is a good point. I noticed that, too, although I didn't miss GC mentioning often through the match that LXR was carrying a hamstring injury of sorts. But it is surprising that there was no tournament doctor called courtside (the umpire just very easily acceded to her request to retire), or any announcement made citing the reason for retiring. An article by Badzine also pointedly omitted to provide any reason. :(

17. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    The umpire might already be told LXR was not in the good shape before the game and hence may retire at any point.

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    But shouldn't the umpires announce the reason?

Apparently not, cobalt!
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=558310&dl=1

retired-by-ump.jpg

Bravo, BWF! Life would be extremely dull without your creative and informative methods!

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At the CHN Open PSS at Fuzhou, LXR withdrew at the last-minute citing leg injury and will be flying back to Beijing for medical checkup and treatment. http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2014-11-10/15167404773.shtml

She is the defending champion and expressed disappointment at having to pull out of the tournament as Fuzhou where BAYI Team of the PLA (People's Liberation Army) is located is like a second home to her. As a member of BAYI, she hoped to be back next year and the following.

Btw, LXR is also out of the HK SS next week.Wish LXR speedy recovery in time for the year-end Dubai SSF where she is also the defending champion. All the best. JiaYou !

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There might be a reason but it should be player's decision to announce it as it is personal information. Privacy also needs to be respected.