Carbonex 6 light or Carbonex 8000 plus

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by suunniil, Aug 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. suunniil

suunniil New Member

I am planning on buying a racket again after taking quite a break from badminton. My first racket was a Carbonex 6 Light. It was one of my favorites. I wouldnt mind buying it once again, but which would be better. The 8000 plus or 6 light?..

Your opinions would be great :)

2. suunniil

suunniil New Member

1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    4. How much money do you want to spend?

And little more details about the type of player I am.

I would be playing at least thrice a week or during the weekends.

I am more of an attacking player . I usually play a lot of drop shots and an intermediate smasher.

I would want one which lasts for a long time, and the string tension should be stable for a decent period of time.

3. ahmadsaad

ahmadsaad New Member

I have the same query.I am an average player and play for recreational purposes with friends.I zeroed in on these 2 racquets after research.The price is almost same here in local stores for both of them..I play daily so want something which is good enough for a player like me.

Thanks

4. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Its a tough choice between CAB 6 Light and CAB 8000 Plus. There is little to choose between them as the specs would be quite similar. CAB 8000 Plus is a discountinued racket (so specs are not available) but still available. CAB 6 Light is still officially in circulation. [MENTION=118896]suunniil[/MENTION] if you like CAB 6 Light you should go for it.

And btw, Carbonex rackets are famed for their durability. Both should provide years of play without any fuss.

5. ahmadsaad

ahmadsaad New Member

Could you also throw some light on cab 7000 plus in comparison to cab 6 light

6. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Not too sure about CAB 7000 plus, but its most likely made of aluminum/alloy rather than graphite. It could also be heavier (2U), whereas CAB 6 Light is a 3U graphite racket.

7. ahmadsaad

ahmadsaad New Member

Thanks sayshh ...I went for cab 6 lite and it was worth the decision..just started playing but loving it. I think the more I play..it will get better...

8. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Depending on your previous racket, expect around 3 months time to get completely comfortable with your new weapon! :)

9. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    No matter how many racquets you own..when you play with a cab, the feel is always awesome!!