Yonex GERMAN Open GP Gold 2015 - Qualification to FINAL (24 February-1 March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Feb 23, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay at first I was so shocked at the result. I said OMG. What is happening in Korea now? We all know that Lee so here / shin sheung chan are very highly ranked players world no 10. Now I got so shocked. Malaysia only send one women double and they reached the semi final. The first match is leading all the way before they win 21-16. The second set seems one sided and Malaysia won easily 21-7. Oh no Korea lost again. Yes Malaysia doubles are improving very fast but they are very dangerous and good too. I don't think the Malaysia doubles is tricky. Korea is even trickier. So sad Korea lost. :crying::crying::crying::crying::(:(

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I am surprised that Rumbaka can pass Vittinghus to semifinal in straight set :)
    The MS : Rumbaka, SWH, Wong Wing Ki and Jan O Jorgensen.

4. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

The fairytale run continues for Della and Rosyta, so impressed with them

Now they hv to face Woon and Vivian, if they come to use their full potential I believe they can win this..

Now pleasant surprise by Hayom, winning vs HKV..but SWH is tall order for him :(

5. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Also one more new European wd to watch from Russia, Bolotova and Kosetskaya, I believe they hv good potential too, they beat Chn wd before in Dutch gp at the end of last year, cmiiw, which until now I am still amazed how they can managed to do that...

6. liiil

liiil Regular Member

Kosetskaya is the absolute champion in Russia this year, she won the national championship in WS, WD (with Bolotova) and XD (with Yartsev).

7. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

OMG, really ??
    Thats why the reason...
    I am glad that Russia apart from more established Ivanov/Sozonov can now match the big gun from the rest of the world esp in women sections , kuddos..

8. liiil

liiil Regular Member

Just curious, which country do you support most? :)

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SEMIFINALS (02.30pm local time, 2 courts ) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...A76ABB-4E06-4B9A-B398-555205B7748B&d=20150228

Both Vincent Wong WK and Hayom Rumbaka are the surprising semifinalist here, they will challenge top two seeds resepectively, Jorgensen and Son WH. Hayom brought back his best to dispose the resurgent Vittinghus who did really well in Dubai SS Finals last December. He needs strong stamina to overcome long enduranced Son WH.

Two mouth watering clashes in WS as Sung JH will face JPN rising talent Nozomi Okuhara and rematch of last year's semifinal tie, Marin against defending champion Takahashi.

Denmark back up MD, Conrad/Kolding will test the consistent Endo/Hayakawa. The other Danish combo Astrup/Rasmussen will up against Russian duo Ivanov/Sozonov.

INA giant-killer Della/Rosyita continue their journey to face MAS #1 pair Vivian Hoo/Woon KW. Hoo/Woon always unpredictable and sometimes often trouble elite pairs. World #2 Pedersen/Juhl should be unstoppable to check in final round.

As predicted, XD will be European own. Magee siblings created upset for home fans, eliminated Fuchs/Michels last night.

LIVE TV (court 1, 02.30pm) matches :

1) Mads Conrad-Petersen/Mads Pieler Kolding (DEN) v Hiroyuki Endo/Kenichi Hayakawa (JPN)
    2) Della Destiara Haris/Rosyita Eka Putri Sari (INA) v Vivian Hoo Kah Mun/Woon Khe Wei (MAS)
    3) Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka (INA) v Son Wan Ho (KOR)
    4) Sayaka Takahashi (JPN) v Carolina Marin (ESP)
    5) Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen (DEN) v Chris Adcock/Gabrielle Adcock (ENG)

For INA viewers, Fox Sports channel will air LIVE tonight on 08.30pm WIB.

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I hope the Adcocks will perform well against the Danes. They have a chance I beleive

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes after this it will be very difficult to predict who will win. THE Indonesian WOMEN DOUBLES are very good too. They have beaten the world ranking no 4 pair from Japan. They had a good performance so far. Even the Malaysians are great too. Their way of winning shows that they are really hunger for success, The first set is 21-16, but the second set is a one sided match whereby the Korean player cannot match the Malaysian player at all. What I have actually observed from this Malaysian player after I watch the replay of the match from youtube is that this Malaysian doubles are too good. They never make mistakes and are very sharp. They are very fast pace. They can smash really hard and fast too. They are really good in attacking. However, at the same time they are also very good in their defend too. No matter how the Korean women doubles smash at them, they can always hit back the shuttlecock. Furthermore, the Malaysian doubles are able to complement each other so well at the court. Great partnership here. Vivian Hoo Kah Mun can really smash very fast and hard. Plus Woon Khe Wei is very sharp at the net too. I must say that credit must be given to the Malaysian coach Rosman Razak for producing such great players. Of course I must admit that I am sad to see Lee So Hee / Shin Sheung Chan who is ranked no 10 lose to the Malaysian doubles. However, I still want to congratulate this Malaysian doubles for putting up such a good show. Well, I sense that Malaysian doubles player are really rising up to the occasion. Now I have learnt that it doesn't meant that if you have a high ranking you will win the match. Korean players are the best examples. They have such a high ranking and by one of their players lost at the first and second round although they have such a high ranking. I guess the Korean players are not as good as before. You know Malaysian players are very good and they can really win although they seldom play together as a pair. This is good. Well, anybody has any updates about any players to share here? Anyway I am just curious to know how did the Indonesian players win against the great Japanese player? What is the secret of the Indonesian success here? Anybody knows? How did the Indonesian win against the Japanese player? What strategy did they use? Anyway based on the quarterfinals match performance from Vivian Hoo Kah Mun / Woon Khe Wei, I feel they hold an edge over Della / Rosyta. No offence here. This is because the Malaysian doubles won the match by a greater margin compared to the Indonesian players. Its okay. Anybody have any comments or any opinion to share here?

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Besides the Malaysian players skills and performance are also better compared to this Indonesian pair. Plus Their score is also much better than the Indonesian pair. No offence here but just a comparison. In the second round, the Malaysian doubles won the match (21-13, 21-14). Indonesia won the match in the second round (21-19, 9-21, 21-17). Then in the quarterfinals the Malaysian doubles won the match against a tough pair (21-16, 21-7) with a big marginal win. The Indonesia women doubles only won against a lower ranked women doubles (21-17, 21-14). This itself already show the difference. Plus I have watched the match played by the Indonesians too and also the match played by the Malaysians. Still comparatively the Malaysian players are better. Plus I think the Japanese players didn't play well at all during the second round match causing them to lose. Well, anybody have any opinion here? Anything to say or add on? Anyway happy to see more new good players are rising up. :D:D:D:):):p:p:p:):D

#52 blabl, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  13. alans

alans Regular Member

della and rosyita are "all around" player different from wei that always infrontof the net. ina player also have a good smash to broke mas defence. imo

#53 alans, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  14. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

We all know that previous results don't mean much and by tradition, Malaysian players are always very careful with Indonesian players due to our long history in badminton. It will be an even match... Also remember Vivian has just recovered from her freak thumb injury

15. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

The Indonesian looked stronger and faster. Leading 15 - 6

16. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Crappie play by the Malaysian doubles in the first set. Chock full of unforced errors. Lost 21-13 easy.

17. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Better communication between the Malaysian now they lead barely. 11 - 8

18. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

More confidence by.. Both malayman players. Malaysian win second... 21 - 15....third game coming up

19. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

At this point I still think they are evenly matched... pretty much anybodys game

20. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Better defense by the Indonesia girls. They lead by 11-10