Restringing of Prince whip lite 800xp

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lolzprince, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Lolzprince

Lolzprince Regular Member

Hi guys! I recently got a pretty old racket, the prince whip lite 800xp ( the one with the y- frame)
    I need advice on how to restring this particular racket, the type of strings to use and tension! I am just a recreation player!
    Cheers!

2. Vraven

Vraven Regular Member

Hey there,

I had quite some Prince rackets recently, cause one of my mates bought lots of them. Most of them had factory strings / no strings and he wanted me to try NBG 95 with 24 lbs. Had no problems until now and already did about 10 Prince Axis (64,68,70, whatever) and yesterday I did a Whip Lite, but I am not sure which one (I think it was a 700). As far as I know the max tension is 20lbs, but I had no issues until now and the frame seems to be stable and my mate had no issues for about 1 year now. I think you could even go up to 27 lbs. So there shouldn´t be any problems with normal tensions.

I just string them bottom-up like every modern racket. Are you familiar with the stringing pattern or got the old string as a hint?

3. Lolzprince

Lolzprince Regular Member

Hi there!! Thank you for the reply! I see! No i am not familiar with the stringing pattern, haha will be bringing it to a stringer to get it done. And the racket when i got it, is without strings.
    Is there a recommended way of stringing this particular rakcet? ( like what to tell the stringer) and what strings do you recommend?
    Cheers! Thanks in advance!

4. yeoldeman

yeoldeman Regular Member

NHS
    Hi
    I've strung a few of these and only just completed this one at the w/e. The pattern is straight-forward, with either a 2 knot or 4 knot pattern. The one I've illustrated below is a 2 knot at 25lbs with Gosen R4X Momone. As they're old racquets the grommets will very likely need replacing. On this one I've just replaced 18 of them. Your stringer shouldn't have any difficulties. All the best! 2015 047.jpg 2015 048.jpg

5. Vraven

Vraven Regular Member

I would suggest your normal string and tension +2-3 lbs, cause most Prince rackets just have 18 main strings (or even 16)

6. wbudhi

wbudhi New Member

i'm dying to have this kind of thing.would you sell it to me?