Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Would you mind taking some photos of the butt cap, t-joint area and the other details like the decals, engraving etc?

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    As far as I know, ALL genuine victor BS12 blue have the half red half black grommets on the side, including the last batch of BS12 KRP - of which I have one.

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Hell. If it makes anyone feel any better. I have my first gen BS10 since 09 with its original grommets which are half back half red. But the crazy ass confusing thing about victor is that they have had full red shockless grommets before and I have seen them on the original batches of blue 12s.

4. colingsk

colingsk Regular Member

Director, Strategy & Operations
    Yep, that's what I mean. There seems to be 2 versions, from what I can see is that the new batches are all red. Everything looks legit except the red grommets on the outside.

5. colingsk

colingsk Regular Member

If its anyone's consolation, Far East Malaysia replied via FB that original BR12 Blue do come in totally red grommets. Copy paste from FB below, so case close??

Loh Brandon Thanks for the info.main question.is the brs12 side red gourmet is original racquet?cos all Malaysian victor brs12 lovers are wondering this issue.
    Like · 2 · January 7 at 9:57am

Loh Brandon Frankly I'm a original racquet user in Yonex ,Victor and lining this giant brand .so I know how to differentiate original and the imitation racquet.cos imitation racquet sure cannot copy until 90% of original racquet.but some of the people who are sta...See More
    Like · January 7 at 10:48am

VICTOR MALAYSIA Hi Sir, yes, BRS 12 racket original is indeed a red grommet, but imitation racket also with red grommet, so please choose carefully. We can provide the most important difference is MUST have MY code, the most basic way to identify the public, thank you!
    Unlike · 4 · January 8 at 4:43pm

Loh Brandon Noted .thanks for the explanation.victor is one of the best brand in badminton.
    Unlike · 3 · January 8 at 6:59pm

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Yes but I know that the last batch of blue bs12 krp have black/red grommets. This is because I purchased the very last one from SOSA taiwan. It comes with a small certificate and the owner of SOSA wanted to keep it for himself as it was the very last, but sold it to me in the end.

7. back2papa

back2papa Regular Member

Here are more pictures. Let me know if they are clear and if any of you want me to include any other pictures.

IMAG1059.jpg IMAG1061.jpg IMAG1062.jpg IMAG1063.jpg IMAG1066.jpg IMAG1069.jpg

#1187 back2papa, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  8. colingsk

colingsk Regular Member

OK this looks exactly like the BS12 I was offered. Yours have the red grommets on the outside and I suppose its also red on the inside. All other details in your pictures matches also.

Also the plastic wrapper at the bottom left of the butt cap has this white colour indicator exactly like the one I saw.

So my conclusion is that there are 2 versions depending on batch. I stand corrected of course.

Of course as claimed there could be fake BS12 with red grommets on the outside. We just have to becareful when buying from suppliers we dont know. Thanks.

9. back2papa

back2papa Regular Member

I have a fake one that I bought too and compared it with each other. At the time I thought the fake one was real until I posted pictures on here. The fake one does have red grommets on the outside, but the one I had only had 8 red grommets on the outside and the nano tec logo was not straighten like the real one I have.

10. the_mentalist

the_mentalist Regular Member

Student
    Recently send my bs12 for stringing. I found that the stringer has changed some of the grommets. Found out due to red grommets now turned black. If the stringer used different grommets, will it affect the feel of the bs12?..After the string job, feel like kinda dull..

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Tbh I never found a huge difference without the shockless grommets. I change my own grommets and have had Braveswords with all generic black grommets eventually with no adverse effect on the overall feel and performance.

12. the_mentalist

the_mentalist Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the reply..maybe the string is the culprit..Try for the 1st time nbg98..maybe need to change the string..

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    That explains a lot. NBG98 is a horrible string IMO. Its only purpose is really power. The lack of feel and having such a smooth coating just ruins control as well.

14. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Although the racquet does look real from the photos, I have to say I am still a little sceptical. I have no doubt that the manufacturers are able to copy the cosmetics of any racquet 100%. I don't think that is difficult given what I have seen.

But I find it difficult to believe that this being from the last batch of BS12 blue KRPs that Victor would opt to change the grommet design for it. Victor has been quite consistent on this front as far as I know. But given that I actually have one from the last batch, it shows that Victor kept to their design, with black-red grommets. I can provide photos if required.

Also is there one or two layers of clear plastic shrink wrap on the handle?

15. Halcyon.Days

Halcyon.Days Regular Member

I don't think there would be a noticeable difference. Could just be psychological.

16. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

The first BS12 I got back in early 2012 comes with spare red grommet. Not anymore these day. Cost cutting I guess?

17. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

Not all my BS12 are alike. I bought them at different time from 2012 to late 2014. The earliest one, directly from Victor UK dealer, doesn't has Made in China mark. The latest grommet is entirely red. The first one is red inside the frane and black on the outside.

18. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

IMG_20150330_210834_edit.jpg

Made in China vs _______

19. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I should have bought one when I had the chance :( It's all gone! :(

20. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    That seems odd. The latest one I have (purchased Nov 2014) has the red-black grommets. Here's some photos of mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the final test is really how it plays. I guess at the end of the day if it looks the same and plays the same, it doesn't really matter if it is genuine or fake - unless you want a KRP for the sake of owning a KRP or as an investment.