Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Since you live in Japan, you can consider Mizuno or Gosen. Both brands offers great quality racquets.

I have a Mizuno Caliber S Tour and a Gosen Shiden.

The Shiden is one of the fastest racquet I have ever tried and it is very nice to use. The shaft is very repulsive.

I do have Victor BS12 and JS10 as well and the Shiden can hold a candle to them. Shiden is easier to use compare to JS10.

2. goldenrain

goldenrain Regular Member

For me, JS10 is like love at first sight :D
    Anyway, I will check your recommendations.
    Thanks.

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I read here everytime about 9000 hours sessions. Do you always have a big break with alot of chit-chat after every game? Otherwise I can't understand how you can reach 5 hours of serious playing. Sounds impossible to me without any breaks. 2 hours without a break and serious hitting is not a problem, but anything more will effect my performance.

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Agreed. 5 hours of pure game time just isn't practical or possible unless you're training and playing professionally. The most I've gone is 4 hours of play total. Even that at my young age had it's side effects by the end of the day.

5. goldenrain

A LOT of break, chatting, watering and leaking was counted in my 5 hours. I'm a very casual player and rarely do 3 games straight. Well, let say 3 hours at most :p

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Then tbh it sounds like the ZF II was never the right racket for you in the first place. That or there could be something wrong with your technique. It could even be a combination of both. The JS would be an easier racket to use in comparison and I would recommend going for the 4U instead of the 5U.

7. goldenrain

You're right, I guess. Can you explain why a 4u is better in this situation? I never try a 5u before, how is it compare to 4u racket

8. Halcyon.Days

Halcyon.Days Regular Member

It depends on the intensity of the games. It is not that easy to play 3 intense MD games without stopping.

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Simply put. As before I've likened the 4U to a ZF II that is less head heavy and moves much faster. If they made the ZF II in 5U I would very much imagine that it would play something like this. Plus the 5U wouldn't be doing your shoulder any favors from trying to force a really good smash from the back court.

10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    What kind of game is easy for a man? Singles, XD? If you play against good or better opponents it will always be hard to master 3 games in a row.
    I spend maximum 5 minutes for a towel break (I'm a heavy sweater) and some drinking after one game. I don't like to chit-chat. People are just robots for me who hit the birdie. Not more. ;)

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I'm starting to get more dialled in with mine. I needs a different swing from the K9000 - I can't use a big looping haymaker any more; this shaft needs a shorter action, and really likes a two-stage "slowFAST" to get the kick going.

I've also been having trouble keeping track of the head - it really is ludicrously fast, without the lag and "plough-through" of the K9000. The defence is nearly preposterous; I spent most of this afternoon digging backhand lifts and drives out from way out on the forehand side.

So far, against the K9000, it has less killing-power but is a better all-courter.

12. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

By how much less power, would u say...?

13. visor

visor Regular Member

^ But Mark, one of your gotos in the past was NS9900 iirc, so you should be used to head light to balanced right?

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    In all fairness he has been adjusted to head heavy 4U in the last year haha. Even I who can switch between a BS12 and MX80 without pause would still face a few mistimed shots initially

15. goldenrain

Wow, cool :cool:. Thanks

16. visor

visor Regular Member

I've been thinking and experimenting a bit with different swings, and I find that this racket really responds to that extra bit of finger/grip tightening snap near the end of the stroke to rapidly accelerate the head into the shuttle.

This is where the extra bit of smash angle comes from. Any smash from less than 3/4 court is bound to cause trouble for the opponents.

Another note, the sweetspot doesn't feel small at all. Felt quite normal sized and amazingly potent.

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Victor. Showing yonex how to do small frames the right way

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Oh yeah, absolutely. And I hope Victor keeps on developing and producing more of these compact frame rackets. They'll sell by the sh1tloads... as long as they keep Zxion out of it... :p

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Who knows. The TK9900 might be the provebial ZF killer

20. visor

visor Regular Member

But I heard it had adjustable weights similar to E-Tune, or had I misread somewhere? Yuck!