Maybank MALAYSIA Open SS Premier 2015 : SEMIFINALS (4th April 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by aulia, Apr 3, 2015.

1. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Was just thinking that Saina is so vulnerable in the second half of 3rd game, while LD is so so dangerous with his different gears and surprises.

2. paroxysmal

Yes
    The opponent is morally and mentally beaten... LD has done this to LCW, CL JOJ and many others time and again. I dont see an easy outing for CL tomorrow. This is rejuvinated LD.

3. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    This guy is probably mad because his sporting hero is out having a doping issue. :(

4. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    That guy is probably a fortune teller that doesn't get things right.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A pity, 11-4 lead for JOJ in the 3rd , yet he couldn't seal it. No wonder GC asked during the interval, 'Is it enough?' which surprised me in a way seeing how fired up and playing above himself JOJ was.

Apart from G1 which was marred by service faults controversy and Lin Dan not quite himself, the quality of G2 and G3 was acceptable, quite good actually. If not, I'd write this match off as abnormal and mediocre whoever wins it.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Is Chen Long worried? I'm pretty sure he'd go all out to beat Lin Dan again in the hope of erasing whatever psychological advantage Lin Dan has over him. We are in for a real treat tomorrow.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Lin Dan is still Lin Dan, so unpredictable. When Jorgensen had healthy lead in decider sudddenly LD catched up and we saw the pumped up LD at 17-16 position and took the momentum to seal victory, really entertaining match!

8. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Well, what a day it turned out to be. Aside from a walkover from Liu Cheng/Bao Yixin and sending Ma Jin/Xu Chen straight to the finale, all matches today going to distance and even some that finished in straight, were tightly contested.

In WS, Carolina Marin continue to be one to be reckoned in today's game, her consistency is getting better and better, today she outlasted Wang Shixian in a tight straight games, four minutes shy from an hour mark. Credit to the Chinese who keep trying but just couldn't force the decider. Earlier, we saw Li Xuerui played a smarter game than Saina Nehwal and edging out her in a thriller that ended 22-20, such a dramatic performance by both two. Saina came out firing but in the end it was Li who keeps her head cool and play to her own strength.

As for the other mixed double match, it was a disappointing result again for Indonesian pair as they failed to deliver, they keep trailing with huge gap in deciding game and never able to catch up. Wonderful job by the no 1 seed who regroup after the second game lapses.

In the men's double, such a gripping contest between Korean and CHN Taipei pair! Pity the latter couldn't close out at deciding and as usual, the famous LYD/YYS sneaking out as the winner. The other match saw Indonesian pair Setiawan/Ahsan keep their superiority against the Danes in a rubber game and extending their head to head into 4-0.

Women's double treated us differently, two CHN pair tried to seek attention from their team boss and duo Luo managed to be in their consecutive finale after last week in India. The other CHN pair failed to hold a hot KOR pair that beat them in tight straight game as the KOR needs six game points to take the opening game alone!

Last, what a match between Lin Dan and Jan O Jorgensen!! But before that, we already saw Chen Long took care his teammates Wang Zhengming in caring straight game. Back to LD vs JOJ, it was a very strange match where umpire has portion himself esp in opening game... and perhaps at the end of the match. ;) Apart from that, both player played their game and once again Lin Dan showed his tricks by coming twice from behind in second and deciding game, what a truly great player! :D

Hopefully the finale would be more exciting!

9. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Still can't get over how rude the danish men's doubles pair Boe and Mo are.
    Just check their match @14:50, Ahsan asks to change the shuttle, and Mogensen just flicks the shuttle away from them.
    [video=youtube;3Q2VpMKucB4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q2VpMKucB4[/video]
    Seriously, BWF needs to implement some penalties for unsportsman like conduct or at least enforce the rules they already have. The umpires are calm and collected, but sometimes they do seem a little spineless to me.
    I make it a principle to not say anything in jest, but these this pair of players just make me boil with anger. Why can't they learn a little bit from Jan and Viktor? Graceful even in defeat. They have passion for the game, and rage against their own mistakes because they want to win, not playing some Jedi mind trick sh*t like this pair of a**hats.

10. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

The drift seems really, really bad this time. Is this the same stadium used for past MOs? I don't seem to remember this big a difference in the past years.

11. paroxysmal

Yes
    Usually Saina would be seen as the potential Chinese slayer....but I think Marin is the bigger one! I wouldnt be surprised if she demolishes LXR tomorrow.

12. renbo

renbo Regular Member

It appears that Saina has mental frailties.

13. @@@@@

@@@@@ Regular Member

not working
    Okay congratulations to all the winners of today match and will be playing tomorrow. Well, from the results shown, China will have two representatives tomorrow. Two gold and silver medals have been assured from the MS and MX departments. Then Korea will have 2 representatives playing tomorrow. Spain and Indonesia both have 1 representatives each. The best has to be China as they will be all out to win again tomorrow lol.

14. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

Saina is the one who got slaughtered. Her 1-1 record against top Chinese players are pathetic, 2-9 LXR, 2-8 WSH. In fact, Marin 1-1 against Chinese women are much better.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    A match lost on tie break is referred to as being 'slaughtered'?

16. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

You've mistaken. I was replying to post # 531. Her overall record against top chinese players, not this one match.

#536 Cinetti, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    You missed the H2H against WSX and SY...
    Hey wait you talking of H2H WSX had 2-0 up against CM.. How long has CM been here, and do H2H matter these days after anything and everything in this (WS) event is transformed.. WSX, WYH, BYJ stumbling once CHN killer looking PV Sindhi seems to be out of fray.. Faded RI and SN suddenly sprung back in action.. TTY becoming the deception queen and imposing great threat.. Super fit new JPN combo of AY and NO coming in action SJH, MM, Liu Xin looking off color..
    Its all changed..

18. kirana

kirana Regular Member

Boe and Mo have really screwed up attitude, I can't understand how can they use that mind games - which is too much - without any shame at all, i totally disagree with Gillian at the end of the games, the sportmanship was only shown by the Indo pair - especially Hendra - not the Denmark pair!

19. Cinetti

Cinetti Regular Member

With WSX, it's 6-5. (SY is new) All in, Saina still fair poorly against top chinese women. I'm merely correcting Paroxysmal for branding Saina as Chinese slayer.

The rest of your post is irrelevant. Do not go off topic.

20. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Yes indeed. She is considered to be a dangerous player for chinese. After a long break, they were able to beat her using Li xuerui. Both are injured anyways. Saina is struggling with shoulder injury and li xuerui with leg injury.