Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Dang that's quite a jump.

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Yep - I pulled a 2 gram weight out of one handle, and backed off a bit with the foam tape at the end.

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nice. Too bad I can't enjoy the JS10 to its fill extent this week. Blew the shoulder out a bit due to over use. Might actually be a blessing in disguise. I can experiment a bit more with the stroke style for this racket.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Wrong post......

5. anqingx

anqingx Regular Member

IT Manager
    BR12 or JS10 - Need advice to choose a defense racquet that can smash too

Hi,

I consider myself an intermediate player. I play mostly doubles. I started with Yonex Armortec 70 and Nanospeed 100 for a couple of years. I have noticed that my defense is faster with Nanospeed 100 but it lacks power. I've recently bought an AU version of TK9000 on eBay as a replacement for Armortec 70 and want to buy a defense racquet. I've narrowed down my choice to Brave Sword 12 or Jetspeed 10. I have got small hands and not so powerful arms so I prefer 4UG5 or G6 like BR12L. I got my TK9000 yesterday and have not put it in action yet - but I like it based on dry swing, not too heavy nor light, in between my 2 old racquets. Can't wait to try it in tomorrow and Monday's plays :)

Recently the string on my Armortec 70 broke so I switched to NS100 but noticed slight sore to my wrist. Don't know why.

Can you please comment which one is better for me? BR12 or JS10? Thanks!

6. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Today's session was the first that I played where I felt completely satisfied with the one thing that had been lacking for me since my purchase: smashes. Before, I experimented with my swing in order to try and get more power from it when that aspect was still lacking. However, I believe my body finally adjusted to the needs of the racket because I just reverted back to my old swing for the last few sessions. Now, the deep booming sound and the shuttle speed I get from my smashes leave me much more satisfied than from my BS10. The final piece of the jigsaw is complete. :D

All in all, JS10 is a brilliant replacement for the BS10, which seems to be in the process of being phased out if my local retailers are anything to go by. It took a bit of time to get used to it, but it all worked out in the end. For those who are struggling with it in your initial few sessions, particularly with smashing, just keep your form and don't force it too much. It'll all come together in the end.

Time to order another two rackets before I get tempted into buying an HN800.

7. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    Well, this racket does live up to all the hype. If anyone's looking for the holy grail of rackets between, say, a VTZF2 and a BRS12, this is probably it, or as close as it gets anyway. (I'd even say it feels like a Ti10 of these times... a technically light racket but with power when you need it.)

8. Wussy

Wussy Regular Member

can someone give us a a little more detail of how it smash comapre to other rackets. Is it more of wrist snap power compared to regular smash?

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Honestly this is a strange one. I'm still trying to dial it in and figure it out there. In a way it's half half. Your build up swing can be all arm, but when it comes to the moments before contact it's all about the wrist snap to unleash its full power.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Despite being of the same diameter, the shaft feels more accessible and a tad flexier than ZF2. As mentioned before, power shots require less shoulder, and more whipping action.

My problem is still in adapting to the timing of the shaft loading and unloading, as I'm used to stiffer shafts.

#950 visor, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  11. Wussy

Wussy Regular Member

It sound Like a hArd beast to tame =p

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Nah, way easier than say TK9000, ZF1/2, MX80...

13. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Playing with the JS10 for 2 or 3 weeks now. Coming from the JS8PS it feels like a great upgrade.
    I think I finally found a great racket of which I aready have 4 in my bag now. Luckily I have the chance to get the victor (Germany) stuff with discount (racket and shoe prices again gone up), so most items of the new catalouge already arrived ;) :) Still missing more variety that is available on the Asian market and unfortunatly buying from Eric (RKEP) got more expensive since the US$/EUR course gone down :/

Before I always had different rackets in the bag which was kinda annoying never really being sure which I want to play with. Earlier I loved the MX80 but with the 3U I sometimes got shoulder soreness, the 4U was good, but overall the MX80 felt a little to stiff for the backcourt for me.
    On the other hand I had a time I favoured the BS12 but this racket was too flexible imo. The JS8 PS come nearer to become my go to, but there was this as you guys called it "dull" feeling. I never was 100% convinced. ST was great for defensive games, but lacked the power in comparison to other rackets.

When I started with the JS10 I loved it from the beginning and there have been only small adjustments to be made. So effortless to play with. Offense, clears are easy and effortless. Fast game / drives and forecourt are very very nice to be handled with JS10. Defense still needs a little more demanding matches to see if I already have the timing. I also like the paintjob as it is kinda simple in colours but really stylish, but elegent. Since I rarely break strings even playing with 12,5/13 or 13/13,5kg and train 3-4 times a week on the court the smaller frame shouldn't be a problem.
    Really looking forward to the next trainings after the easter break here.

14. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Do any Canadians know what the MSRP for this racket is? I've found the price in USD, but not sure if it's just a simple conversion from USD to CAD.

15. wning

wning Regular Member

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Honestly the way the dollar is going right now. For most of us it will be more practical to buy locally instead of giving Eric business the AUD just dropped again recently. It's making it hard for me to stock up on essentials..

17. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Just got a word back from my local retailer, $239 CAD. That's one pricey racket.

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    That sucks. I got mine at 195AUD but thay was express shipping interstate. Otherwise it was 190.

19. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Finally nailed the smash on mine. Match night tonight, dropping constant bombs with it.

20. anqingx

anqingx Regular Member

IT Manager
    Ordered a JS-10 from Calibre Australia - Can't wait to try it

I got my TK-9000 from Calibre@Ebay as well. I had TK-9000 string with BG-80 at 24lbs. So far I've played with it for 2 sessions about 4 hours and really loved it. A great racquet, fast and powerful!

I bought JS-10 as a backup. I've been following this thread and was really intrigued by all the praises from you guys. I have asked Calibre to string it with NBG-95 @ 26 x 28 lbs. Very excited and can't wait to place my hands on the racquet.

BTW has anybody had any experience dealing with Calibre Sports@Australia. They seem to offer good prices and good services.