OUE SINGAPORE Open SS 2015 : FINALS (12th April 2015)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / China Masters / SKYCITY New Zeala' started by CLELY, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Goodbye folk's. Time for dinner. See you guys in next week's China Masters.

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yes, it's one of many reasons why tennis is so much bigger. I always cringe at the prize money in these events - the winners receive about the same amount (often less) as a tennis player who loses in the first round of a tournament!

3. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Poor him, rules are rules.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Don't worry. Badminton in whatever state will be defended by big brother, CHN. Long live badminton. Bye again.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Surprisingly, after watching WSX's matches with Akane and Sun Yu, I have the urge not to write WSX off. I'm now more worried about WYH, esp now that Sun Yu is rising. I see WSX displaying a more positive, proactive game, she even tried to attack a bit more with smashes though it still fell short. Nonetheless, it's a good sign, her perseverance is remarkable.

I won't be the least bit surprised if SY and WSX ended up fighting for one of the two OG spots as LXR looks a sure bet. But WSX really got to improve her records against non-CH players; in this regard, Sun Yu has started to steal a march on her.

6. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    Seeing footballer tweets can get them trouble, I wonder if BWF will punish Boe

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The BWF rule says even if he's injured or sick, he still has to show up at the tournament venue to do promotional activities unless the doctor certified him unable or unsafe to move or travel. Actually, I'm against this rule but it's for BWF to change it.

8. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    see you guys later in the next tournament, its been fun reading all of you funny and smart comments :)

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I just don't understand how Liu and Qiu have performed so poorly since two years. There were so promising

10. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Injury might be a reason. I remember seeing Liu at the preparation court during the WC2014. His back was covered full of tapes.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's well put ! Again, I must say I enjoy looking at your WSX avatar.:)

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

CBA stil have time to mull over Zhang Nan's role in CHN MD but today's result certainly doesn't help in their decision-making process.

13. razhes

razhes Regular Member

yes, one of the reason i thought why tennis more popular because it has good money. it has good money because people who loves it majority are developed country so, many big companies are sponsoring them because its related to their country.

So the point is just wait, many emerging nation really love badminton likes china japan korea india and indonesia too. many population and emerging economy there will be many sponsor. The sports will getting bigger i think

14. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    yes.. it should be najip, he can speak indonesia better

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hu Yun lost on fitness in the end. That's the harsh reality of professional sport.

16. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    You are absolutely right, a decreasing dominance but as a matter of fact China is still the most powerful badminton nation!

About the coming World Championships and Olympics, it's an open question/statement, no one can be sure about the outcome... everything is possible ;)

17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

or those countries, becoming wealthier, will drop badminton for tennis because it is higher profile, and badminton remains badly organized. It is a vicious circle I'm afraid

18. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Very well said! Tennis is getting so much money because it's a jewel case sport for the current establishment/system. They pour in so much money there because:

1. Tennis is a sport that symbolizes the excellence of individualistic capitalistic system, that's why all achievements are attributed to personal/individual efforts.

2. Sport popularity in the advanced economies. Look closely which countries dominate the sport in over all. Minus the few Russian players, they are mostly from NATO countries. Hardly see any Asian face there with some scarce exceptions.

Except NBA, golf, football in European leagues plus few other ball games in USA that I'm less familiar (American football, rugby ???), ALL OTHER sports can't compare with the cream of the crop in term of the abundance of prize money and sponsorship.

It's doing the great disservice and unjust judgement to ever compare badminton with tennis with regard to money and media coverage involved. The sports are just the byproducts of the current very skewed system covering all aspects (economy, financial, politics and so on).

#418 kelana, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  19. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Did any body confirmed that China will win 4 golds . I was so happy with that . I just came to know that it match was played today and they got only 3 gold medals . So sad. Next time I will be careful .

20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Actually, tennis was and still is something linked with higher class people in western countries. But many other nations do excel in it, as Serbia, Brazil, Argentina, Poland, Ukraine, etc. It is true that in Asia there is few. But I think it is coming. The issue is quite complex.
    Each country has its own way to promote sport, and they might or might not suit tennis or badminton. For example in China the success of badminton relies on the state structure. But in Indonesia, it relies on the people's custom (so many people play). There are traditions involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.