K. Srikanth क्. स्रिकनथ्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Dec 1, 2012.

1. renbo

renbo Regular Member

A correlation is not a causality. Tell me if you need help way back home.
    As I said, it is Srikanth that played most of the time to the forehand side of Tian. If SK had legs to follow on his straight smashes, the lift from Tian would have been a very bad response.

2. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Your poster makes me to watch the match once again. I will come back after watching it again.

Some interesting explanation from Oldhand and you. :)

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

As I don't have tv and do not have the freedom to watch the live streaming, I almost always watch the matches after they have been played. Sometimes it is boring but sometimes the comments from you guys makes it even better

4. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

What does this mean? you can play him any which way and still beat him 21-18? but you can play with less variation if KS is tired.? or something else?

5. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    guys, i think we should give some more time to KS. .he's relatively young and will only improve and grow from here. he's already shown that he has it in him to challenge the best in the world badminton and by virtue of winning the india open super series he has proved that his win at china premier ss was not fluke, the men's singles draw was very strong in india ss. .he will take some time to adjust to these situations and sooner or later will start performing consistently because as far as i have observed this young guy, he's really very down to earth and hard working, this new status of being india's best and winning more tournaments is not playing on his mind, surely.

6. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Yes, that's right. What he has done is great. The only question is : how far can he go?

7. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    how far can he go, hmmm. .well that only time will tell, one thing of which i am certain of is that he is here to stay. .he might drop in rankings and start having bad results after a certain time period as other players will work out strategies against him but that is something which happens to all upcoming players when they start playing better and show good results, others starts looking into their results and study them more but that means KS will also start working on new shots and improve other aspects of his game, so its a win win situation for him.

8. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Sky's the limit. When SN emerged, the dream was get to the elite and emulate PP/PG. Now that she has redefined elements of the contour, the media here wants KS to fight for Hartono/Lin Dan/Gunawan/Frost's place in history. He is confident, yet disciplined and humble. Excellent attributes. If he works on his fitness primarily, then sky is the limit. His improvement mentally is visible to everyone over the past 18-24 months and unlike [MENTION=13175]Oldhand[/MENTION] I believe his game has evolved too.

9. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Yes [MENTION=13175]Oldhand[/MENTION], he lifted to forehand deep corner of Sk for more than 100 times. I am sure about it. I lost count after 100 , as my personal works needed my attention in the middle. Even i one rally itself , i counted it for 7 or 8 times. So, chinese team already found a "bharamasthar" to counter KS. KS need to counter it as quickly as possible.

I am worried about him. He is going to Singapore Open next week. There are so many players in his draw who are more than willing to take vengeance . Some of the notable players are veteran Marc Zwiebler, Veteren Rajeev ouseph and Victor Axelsen.

10. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...championships-pullela-gopichand/1/429377.html

Excerpts:

"He is an intelligent player, and fearless," says Gopichand. "He learns very quickly and doesn't choke on court." Srikanth's attacking style of play-his round-the-head, deep, well-placed, fast smashes, sometimes struck at over 400 kmph, are lethal-combined with his cool on-court demeanour makes him a delight to watch. It was this combination that took five-time world champion and two-time Olympic champion Lin Dan-with the home crowd rooting for him-by surprise at the 2014 China Open. Gopichand was the first to sight this "surprise" element in Srikanth's game, noting that in an era of excessive video analysis, his game wasn't "easy for people to understand".

Their father, Krishna, remembers quarrelling frequently with his wife, who was unhappy that both her sons were sent away at a young age. He pacified her holding out hope of future laurels. "I felt badminton was the best as it is an individual sport and (you succeed) purely on merit," Krishna says. "And if by the grace of God they were good, they would be unstoppable."

The turning point, Srikanth says, was his battle with meningitis in July last year. "The illness changed me. I became more passionate than ever. I started training a lot harder," he says. "And since then I have been lucky to get everything right and win crucial points in every match."

"It is beyond doubt that he is here for the long run," says Gopichand. "His opponents will find ways to crack his game. He has to build on his strengths to make it difficult for them to exploit his weaknesses, and he has to stay physically fit."

If his mother has her way, Srikanth won't have a weakness. She is leaving nothing to chance: she has made him wear three rudraksh beads around his neck and tie threads on his wrists for luck. "She has asked me to do just one thing, so I don't question it," he says.

11. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    The bold part very well makes a pitch for LD's take on Srikanth's game and it is indeed established beyond doubt that he has the game to take it further .

12. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Great to see that Gopichand is confident about Srikanth.

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    TFS [MENTION=121998]Lokesh[/MENTION] . Yes [MENTION=119473]Airos[/MENTION] its good to see PG finally looking beyond his blue eyed boy.

14. vkokamthankar

vkokamthankar Regular Member

Employed in a company
    Read the article on K Srikanth, in India Today.

Link http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/k.../1/429377.html

Very happy to read something in Indian Media about up coming player. All up coming players deserve much more media coverage and media attention. Thanks India Today and Ms. Suhani Singh, author.

Well done K. Srikanth !!

15. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Nice!
    I see, so he wears all those stuff because his mother asked him.

16. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    [video=youtube;mako7n0613Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mako7n0613Q[/video]

Srikanth said: The biggest target for this year is to win a medal in world championships 2015.

It seems like he came near my home (approx. 3 kms) but i don't know anything about it. :(

#236 Lokesh, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  17. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Kidambi srikanth playing doubles with Pranav chopra.

Quite interesting. He is not bad though.

[video=youtube;Raengcj1gxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raengcj1gxg[/video]

18. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    He started as a doubles player and was pushed quite late into singles.

19. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    I got this video of Srikanth vs Hans Kristian Vittinghus , which happened @ Australia Open SS.

[video=youtube;r8nwaBh6MUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8nwaBh6MUc[/video]

Amazing. He was down 11-17 in the decider and later 16-20 down.

He took 6 consecutive points to win the match.

20. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Srikanth is in his low profile in recent tournaments.

But his ranking has improved. He has gone up to Rank 3 in BWF ranking list. Lindan gone to Rank 4.