Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    There is a lot of athletic tape on the racket . Even z force 2 is ashamed of Lin Dan power lol .

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

So does that mean the yellow racket is not a ZF II?

3. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Yes, the yellow one is a Zforce 2 , but lin dan seems not really happy about it , thats why he changes back to the black one !

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

It has to be different other than the colour... Why else should he change it?

5. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
  6. george333

george333 Regular Member

Associate Director
    If it's the same racket then why change back to the black one? Just because he doesn't like looking at the yellow color?

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The Iranian Farzin Khanjani's match with Lin Dan attracted some media attention and the crowd actually enjoyed it. After the match, Farzin was interviewed and appeared very excited. http://sports.qq.com/a/20150423/054329.htm

My humble translation follows (feel free to correct any mistake found):

On 23rd April 2015 at R16 of the Badminton Asia Championships at Wuhan, China, Lin Dan versus the Iranian Farzin Khanjani , finally emerged victorious, 21-9 and 21-7. As far as Lin Dan is concerned, Khanjani is just one among the numerous opponents in his career whose strength posed no hindrance to him, but to Khanjani, being able to play a match against his idol is his biggest dream come true. Today after realizing his dream, Khanjani enthusiastically accepted the Chinese news media's interview, expressing his intense emotions and strong feelings.

It emerged that the BAC this time is beset by a tide of withdrawals ,esp those players from badminton backward countries withdrew one after another, so much so that many thought Lin Dan's opponent today Khanjani might withdraw too. But before the match, he had already expressed persistence in wanting to play because being able to play a match with Lin Dan has been a dream of his.

During the match,Khanjani's performance in the beginning of the opening set was quite good, for a time he tried hard to almost draw level but once the mid-game interval was reached, the disparity was too obvious,and finally he lost the match-up.

At the post-match interview, Khanjani could hardly contained his emotional excitement, saying:" Long before the match I told my family and friends that I was going to play Lin Dan, they were very happy for me. Lin Dan is my idol, my biggest dream is to be able to play a match against him. Yesterday night, I could hardly fall asleep. I dared not believe I could play a match against Lin Dan."

Precisely because of his nervousness, Khanjani said his palm was sweaty throughout the match. Before the match, Khanjani accidentally scalded his thumb,however, even if it meant carrying a centimeter long blister he would want to complete the match.

Khanjani stated that with that match,he could return to Iran with pride, not only to tell his friends and family, but one day when he has children he would also proudly tell them that their father once played a match against the best player in the world.

Even Lin Dan today on court could sense his opponent's excitement. Upon learning he is Khanjani's idol, Lin Dan said he himself could understand Khanjani's frame of mind:" Actually when we were his age, we also had our idols, to be able to play someone like Ye Cheng Wan (Hendrawan) was our dream too."

Khanjani revealed that badminton in present-day Iran is gradually rising:" In Iran, the number one sport is soccer, however at weekends you would see many people playing badminton at the parks; nowadays it's in the process of growing, we will work hard to do what we can to increase its popularity ."

Presently BWF is making efforts to promote badminton projects to develop the sport in Arabic countries of which Iran is one of the focal points.Nowadays in Iran many women players wear a hijab when playing and Khanjani doesn't believe that women wearing hijabs at competition will have their performance affected. He thinks that badminton will become prevalent in Iran in future.

As for himself, he said he just returned to the badminton centre after completing his military service four months ago; normally he would be competing in the Iranian badminton league and he does not hold any other job basically. Right now his main task is to accumulate enough ranking points and fight for a qualification spot in the Rio Olympics.

8. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    mayb the quality of the yellow one isnt good. first time he uses changed up to 5 times and broke one aft awhile

9. fauci

fauci Regular Member

The biggest difference I've noticed is not the skills they displayed because that was totally not unexpected but rather the physique of a professional athlete compared to the build of an amateur... ;)

10. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

LD kit.jpg
    So Tai Tzu Ying took a photo with Lin Dan.
    I'm guessing that LD is allowed to wear Yonex in China, but I suppose just not for public appearances.
    I'm also going to guess that this is going to be the sleeveless shirt kit that will be released by yonex in a couple weeks time also.
    I don't know if I like the shirt or not, the color scheme and the imposing LD special logo doesn't sit well with my taste for minimalist designs.

11. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

On TTY facebook page:
    跟你們分享一下。
    這是我今天藥檢的伴,巧遇球王。

Roughly translated as
    "just to share with you guys
    this is my today drug test mate, a coincidence with king of badminton"

12. sh_shashi1

Student
    The irony is neither country recognise each other . lol

13. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    TTY looks so cute here.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Thanks for your efforts. Found it very interesting.

15. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Is that girl really Tai Tsu Ying? She looks like she is just out of Junior Middle 3.

16. sh_shashi1

Student
    Her on court demeanour is completely different . she looks like a mature hardend fighter on court. Here she is like a cute Chinese girl.

17. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
  18. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Lin Dan definitely oozing with confidence in the BAC final, seem to be attacking more, much more aggressive compared to the last couple of tournaments.
    Not sure if its got to do with playing his team mate, THW, someone who's his junior. I'm sure he walked on court knowing he's going to take the title, or at least had a massive confidence boost knowing it's not Chen Long on the other side of the court.
    Over all, I would say Lin Dan is a tad more aggressive than we've all seen him recently, but there was really no one at BAC to test him, and the only one he's lost twice in a row to (CL) withdrew.
    I'm hopeful that we'll see Lin Dan back in improved form, but it would be premature to say for sure he's in champion form.

On the other hand, I'm quite excited to see what's in store for the Lin Dan exclusive gear. Being the fanboy I am, I'd quite like to get my hands on a pair of his yellow SC6i shoes. ZF-II on the other hand I just can't convince myself to like the racket.

19. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    For me: I waiting patiently for his racket.. ha Ha.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, I noticed Lin Dan had to step up his game, play with a bit more intensity and aggression against both Wang Zhengming in the semifinal and Tian Houwei in the final, both of whom actually played above themselves against him at the BAC.