Victor vm-2000s

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Dokkie, May 20, 2015.

1. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I found this machine for 2000€. Holy cow, for a crank machine? No way. For this amount of money you can get an electronic Gamma or if you own a wise you can get for around 1300€ a Gamma 6004 6PT SC. You can ask [MENTION=1]kwun[/MENTION] who own one. IMO a really decent machine with a wise.

3. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

I could get it for 1750 today, which really is too much, figured I could get something off, but I couldn't. I'm now thinking about either the 6004 or the X-ST (I would prefer tabletop, because of lack of space). Would anyone know the difference between the 6004 and X-ST?

4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    The VM2000 is more expensive, but it's definitely better quality.

Main differences between the 6004 and the X-ST are self centering supports and switch action lock base clamps (instead of quick action swivel base clamps). Also, the 6004 has knobs to adjust the north/south pole positions instead of screws.

5. jerby

jerby Regular Member

6. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Unless you are demanding a one-knob system, see if you can find a Pro's Pro XP Plus. You can buy this machine and upgrade it with auto-lock base clamps for far less than 1750 Euro.

If you MUST have one-knob, a Pro's Pro Comet has this, though it's more difficult to find these days.

#7 Mark A, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  8. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Either of these would be excellent - just make sure they include the parts necessary for badminton (longer 12/6 supports). The top machine is better than the bottom one for badminton because you can move the support towers in and out.

Taking the WISE out of the equation, the Victor machine has nothing superior to either of these machines.

10. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

Right now, I'm looking into built quality. The Victor is out of my budget, but when I see it, it looks way sturdier than let's say Eagnas and Pro's Pro. I like the hold down mounting on the Victor by the way, but there doesn't seem to be any other model that uses this (apart from the Shuttle Express which I uses right now).

The machines from Tennisman look nice, but they only sell them with a Wise, which I already have.
    What about this one:
    http://sportinngerritsen.nl/bespanmachines/tyger-stringprofi-52

I can put a dropweight Wise adapter on that I think. Anyone has some experience with this machine? Jerby perhaps?

11. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

No, Tennisman sells same machines with also dropweight and crank option!
    I find the holddown mount just clumsy when I tested an old Prince machine with that (just my opinion).

That's some good reflections there Mark A!

12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I dealed with Dirk@tennisman several times. His service and knowledge is 1st class. He is a decent stringer with certifications (ATP?) and not only a seller. He is very friendly and honest guy. It was no problem to change the tennis clamps against better badminton clamps with a bit on top. If you have a problem you can call him or write him an email. He always tries his best to find the optimal solution for both sites. I never regreted.

13. jerby

jerby Regular Member

My machine is this one
    http://sportinngerritsen.nl/bespanmachines/tyger/tyger-stringprofi-69
    I had a friend weld an extra piece on top of the rail to fit my wise, I didn't have an adapter.

Build quality is solid, I like it quite a lot. But for badminton tensions, I think a lot of machines are solid enough to withstand the forces they're dealing with