Li-Ning VS Yonex [ Footwear ]

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by bmtfreak123, Apr 8, 2012.

1. loveshuz

loveshuz New Member

Fashion Designer
    Li-Ning shoes are more comfortable them the Yonex. i regularly use it and i use it day to day my life. i prefer to Li-Ning shoes.

2. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    Li-Ning shoes, overall, have better grip, stability, durability and a few ounces heavier than Yonex and Victor.

I highly recommend Li-Ning.

3. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    anyone can compare lining hero with sc series from yonex?

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

The Yonex shoes are more comfortable, weigh less and have better grip, FME.

5. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

I agree, but having both worn Li ning and Yonex shoes, I feel that Yonex shoes are only good for the first 6 or so months, where Li ning shoes have lasted me now for 2 years.

IMO yonex shoes have better grip and are lighter. But Li ning shoes last longer while having long lasting grip

6. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    2 years?! I wish mine lasted me that long.

In my experience Li Ning shoes are wider. I have some issues getting a good width/length ratio on YY shoes.

I find the Li Ning shoes generally allowed for better transfer because of the shape of the sole; you have a lot of contact area making it easier to use the whole foot, or just specific parts of the foot.

I find that YY shoes have better support around the ankle, the actual shoe tends to be firmer.

The Li Ning shoes were more comfortable, but offered less support.

Bounse (the cushion technology in the Metal X shoes I tried) was not as good as Power Cushion, and caused me some discomfort and fatigue.

7. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Definitely, Li-Ning shoes are wider- at least the ones I've tried on. I can't say much about durability because I've only tried lower-end Li-Ning shoes.

8. necrohiero

Student
    Ouch.. Than those are not probably shoes for me in a long run.. Good cushioning all the way..

But. Li ning shoes look so different from other badminton shoes.. At least from Yonex and Victor...

9. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Yeah the cushioning just isn't as good, and you won't notice it straight away. It's good enough, but after quite a few months I started to develop minor shin splints in my right leg.

I took a week break, use calf compressions, and now have Yonex shoes so it's gone away.

The Li Ning shoes have a much flatter sole, this is what I was saying about letting you use the entirety of your foot where Victor and Yonex focus a lot more on the toes and heel - often with a gap between the them with no grip and an elevated area around the arch.

You can either get some that are really loose and pliant, or you can get the ones like Chen Long has that are about the closest thing to military boots in badminton. They have an obscene level of ankle support and padding, designed more for flat feet.

10. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

Li-Ning's TUFF RB is a highly abrasive & resistant rubber located in the sole of the shoe. It adds extra durability & dramatically extends the life of the shoe. The rubber is TUFF enough to handle most surfaces including asphalt found in some tennis courts.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455157438.030990.jpg

11. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I see Yonex Shb series are still using the conventional orange-rubber sole while while LiNing is experimenting with more colorful soles from white, blue, red, green, etc..etc. Gosen shoes are also having black-sole (looks like normal shoes) and Victor is still with same as Yonex old conventional orange-rubber sole. My question, which of these soles are best fit for wooden/rubber mattres?

12. Shuttlingus

Shuttlingus Regular Member

They're probably all good, esp on the higher end models.

I like the yonex/victor "old school" gum rubber look though... It looks assured. Maybe i'm just a traditionalist...

13. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I tend to find that Li-Ning's sole is harder, which makes it stick less but makes it more durable. Up to you what fits you the best. Li-Ning shoes remind me of standard court shoes in all aspects (Asics and stuff).

If you're looking for adherence, Yonex definitely has the best sole of all (Victor has the same material).

14. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

Li Ning certainly has more options in Wide size and do order half size bigger than your Yonex or Victor. I just got a pair for a fellow club member. Will keep a tab on how they perform over time.

15. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    Li ning shoes are heavier, wider and most have a flat insole. Cushion is not really at par with Yonex power cushion.

16. olli

olli Regular Member

medicine
    northern germany, in beautiful but rainy hamburg
    Hi there, I need help/advice for ordering Li-Ning shoes online - which size to get. In yonex UK 8,5 / 270cm fits perfect. What size should I go for when buying Li Ning shoes? thanks in advance, Oliver

17. jmok222

jmok222 New Member

When I went to a Li Ning Warehouse, the salesperson recommended me that I pick a half size higher as they tend to be smaller. I am US9.5 and got a pair of US10.0 shoes. Pretty comfortable.

Scott Kam likes this.
  18. necrohiero

Student
    Well.. i tried just now... The AYAJ011-3 shoe, (marketed in Germany as Metal x III Men, probably had some other names in other regions)...

It was the flattest (yet comfortable) badminton shoes.. But.. It was just not enough cushion for me (my other shoes are Power Comfort Tour and SC6LD...)

I mean, i am searching for something from Li-Ning, at least with the same Cushioning level as SHB87..
    One thing to note, the sole breaks fast against wooden floor and becomes slippery.

Interesting shoes actually. But.. maybe not for me.

19. jmok222

jmok222 New Member

As someone who's only tried the yonex aerus. Do most of yonex shoes have that crazy arch support?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

20. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Hi there necro, you want something from the Hero line of shoes. I cannot say how good to hero 2 & 3 are, but the hero 1 are very good. If you find the cushioning isn't adequate, you can always swap out the insoles.

Thanks to the wider fit and easily replaced insoles you can get almost any insole in them.