LCW Limited Edition gear

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by RVStrike13, Aug 10, 2014.

1. 03188lee

03188lee New Member

Just tried the racket last night, I must say it's very head heavy to me. Certainly can feel strain on my wrist wielding it but still manageable (Previously used 5U racket for some times). Hope this will help you decide :)

2. Iffara

Iffara Regular Member

Serving Shuttlecocks
    hi brothers.... is there a 4u of the zfii lCW....do advise/
    Thank u

3. jh1989

jh1989 Regular Member

Hello iffara

There is but only jp coded. It wasnt made in any other code.

4. nws56

nws56 Regular Member

guitar maker
    ZF 2 LCW - part 1.
    With the release of the LD version, it seemed a good time to buy Lee's increasingly cheaper pink thing. It arrived already strung
    at about 20 lbs with bg80 . Too impatient to restring to my usual 27, tried it out today . I've been building up arm and wrist strength over the last two years to cope with the original ZF , and it has helped a lot, but there's no denying that it is still an unwieldy brute. The first few swings with the new one was like going back to a 'normal' racquet ; a feather instead of a club. So fast to swing that I was getting there too early and missing for a while. The ultra solid feel on contact with cork was absent, but the soggy strings are preventing an accurate assessment of this. Despite this, the ZF 2 was a delight to play, and a really nice surprise since I hadn't expected this much improvement. Smashes were much easier to hit, and repeatedly too. Backhand clears from the rear have never been my favourite shot, but after a couple of hours I'm realising that I don't need to fear them any longer. Some people on here will tell you that a new racquet won't necessarily improve your game.... glad to say I no longer believe it. Will post part 2 when I've changed those soggy strings.

5. anggit_ang

anggit_ang Regular Member

student
    my plan is buy this racket, but I still doubt, I usually use 3U racket and feeling comfort with this.

but this racket is 4U,

6. nws56

nws56 Regular Member

guitar maker
    Then buy it from Europe ! All we get in the UK are the 3U , but some of the German online sellers seem to offer both.

7. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    My experience:
    Prev racket : 3UG5 VT5 strung with BG65@24.
    I tried my 3U G5 VTZF2 LCW yesterday, strung with BG66UM @24.
    Clears were effortless. I can feel the repulsion of the ultimax string compared to my previous string BG65.
    The racket was easy to maneuver. Smashes were good, but there were lot of frame hits. It will get some time to get used to this smaller head.
    Backhand clears was decent. (Still working on my backhand crosscourt clear) But it was working couple of times.
    But the more important thing is the soreness I felt after playing for 1 hr. Initially I thought I can manage the extra stiffness, but I have to concentrate more on the body fitness.
    Today I am feeling soreness in my shoulder. But i will get fit and try to get the better of my racket next time :)
    I played 1 singles game before playing doubles for 1 hr. May be that added to the soreness.
    Will share my next experience soon!

8. nws56

nws56 Regular Member

guitar maker
    ZF 2 LCW - part 2.
    Restrung with same string and tension as original ZF (Toalson Nanopremium 66 @ 27 lbs.)
    Should have dropped 2 lbs to compensate for the smaller head like others on here have already
    posted, but I forgot. Now it was much easier to pinpoint differences between the two, the major
    one being the livelier and lighter touch, a more immediate feel. Couple that to the faster and more
    agile handling and it easily leaves the original as second choice left in the bag. So I didn't do as much
    swapping over as I'd planned - the ZF 2 was just so superior.
    Regrets ? Well , the dramatic rifle shot sound has changed to a more of a 'crack' - with plastics anyway -
    and that incredible solid punch when you hit hard and catch the sweet spot is missing too, but I'll happily
    make that trade for the improvements found overall.
    Come to think of it, the ZF 2 doesn't seem to have a sweet spot sound at all, it is surprisingly tolerant to
    off centre hits which is the last thing you'd expect from a smaller head.
    For me, the best thing about the new racquet is the confidence it has given to my game in terms of defence
    (shot retrieval from smashes ) , blocks and interceptions , and shot placement . And for the first time ever I'm
    now looking for opportunities to smash simply because it's fun.
    Both ZFs are now up for sale.....