Parupalli Kashyap కశ్యప్

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by geebees90, Jun 25, 2010.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Saina sails to quarters, injured Kashyap crashes out[/h]
    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/saina-sails-to-quarters-injured-kashyap-crashes-out/article4316306.ece

EXCERPTS:

“I pulled up my quadriceps muscle in the right leg. It happened yesterday in the first round. But I still played today and lost to Jan Jorgensen. I couldn’t play my best because of the injury,” Kashyap said.

“I will have a scan and see what the actual problem is. Hope I can recover quickly and get back to regular training and be fit for the All England,” he added.

Just now, he entered into top 10. Even before the news would have reached him, he got injured ..:(.. Second highest men's singles player from india got injured ... I pray god for his quick recovery and come back soon to play in All England..:)

2. -yami-

-yami- New Member

student
    I hope he recoverss soon :) he isss a fighter

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Kashyap attained one more milestone reaching his career best Ranking. Yes. Reached 9th rank in recently announced BWF list.:)

4. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
  5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    At the Swiss Open this week, #5 seed Kashyap eased into round 2 for a meeting with the tall German, Dieter Domke. If Kashyap plays to his seeding, he should advance past Dieter and possibly CW Feng of Malaysia to the quarter-finals, where he may possibly meet #4 seed Jan O Jorgensen.

Actually, depending on how Kashyap paces himself and which players fall or prevail in other matches, he has a decent chance of making it all the way to the finals.

6. howdidoo

howdidoo Regular Member

Kashyap is on roll with career best World Number 7 ranking. Wish to see him in top 3 by end of the year !
    Hes come a long way.

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Kashyap aiming for swift return[/h]
    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/kashyap-aiming-for-swift-return/article5156926.ece

EXCERPTS:

On Sunday, the country’s top-ranked shuttler returned to the Siri Fort Indoor hall, where, during the Indian Badminton League last month, he twisted his right-ankle.

Kashyap, who endured the pain throughout a forgettable campaign, resumed training only three days ago to be able to serve Indian Oil in the on-going Petroleum inter-unit badminton meet commencing on Monday.

“I am far from being 100 per cent fit, but I could not afford to miss this event. After all, our employers look after us all year and want us to represent them just for two weeks in a year (once each for the Petroleum meet and Public Sector championship).

“Since the rehabilitation process is still on, I not only have to strengthen the affected muscles, but also play cautiously. I will play the team championship and see if I can skip the individual event. I guess a week more with my support team in Hyderabad, and I should be match-fit.”

8. Vaido

Vaido Regular Member

Solibad Kashyap Paruppalli India’s Gold Medallist in Glasgow CG T-shirt 2014

some news from Solibad...

http://www.solibad.net/news/commonwealth-champions-launch-auction-for-solibad/

http://youtu.be/DB2c5dG71SM

and the English links to eBay auctions...
    New Solibad project and auction... due to technical problems listed in French ebay site... about what I understand nothing but it seems working also...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/281406391008?roken=cUgayN

the T-shirt will be signed also if the winner wants... the delivery will be in early September...

good luck to all! :)

9. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Good idea. Owner might rather have a shirt they can wear and wash.... and a perhaps a picture, poster or ticket that has a signature on it.

10. Vaido

Vaido Regular Member

yes... winner will get also A4 professional photo (most probably made by Raphael ;) with signature...

11. Airos

Airos Regular Member

congrats to kashyap for winng the syed modi india gpg.
    Srikanth didn't look at his best though.

12. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Reactions from Parupalli Kashyap after winning the India GPG -
    He believes that his best form ever has been since the CWG Glasgow. It seems he has also injured himself in the finals. Hope he recovers soon.

Also wanted to hear Sindhu's reaction after her loss, but couldn't find. Congrats to her as well for winning the Padma award.

#72 Airos, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  13. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Congrats to Kashyap for reaching the semis of SOSS. If I am not mistaken, he will be in top 10 if he wins tomorrow. Good luck to him.

14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    that would be phenomenal. Although I think he needs to win the SOSS, and hope for Momota to lose tomorrow to be back in the top 10. After all Momota will be gaining 5040 points too.

15. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Ya, I forgot about Momota.

16. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Kashyap after his win over chen long:

“I’m extremely happy, because I hung in there and won a game by sticking it out. But I know the job’s not done. Beating a single player in a tournament is not enough. I’ve got odd wins here and there in my career. If you can win big tournaments then you are something. It’s good to beat Chen Long but I desperately want to win many titles,”

“He’s a defensive player who just doesnt make any mistakes. He has no errors. So you need to play great strokes and grab every point from him. There’re no easy points. Last time I lost badly so that was playing on my mind. But I put pressure on him, and hit him hard,”

Chen long acknowledged the effort ," There was a lot of of pressure. I didn’t play badly but Kashyap didn’t give up. I have beaten him easily in the past but he was mentally stronger today. That was the difference. I can’t complain about the noise because all the players had to deal with the same conditions – not just me."

Coach Gopichand was elated his ward’s game was finally coming together after having seen him deal with the ups and downs of his career. “Kashyap’s always been strong, and has the attacking and defensive game. But now he’s starting to mature, understand his body better and getting consistent. Nothing’s come easy for him. But now he’s making his streaks of strength count,” he said.

Note: Even Chen Long acknowledged the defeat and it came not because of noise. :) But it is unfortunate, despite having lead, he lost in the semifinals. Don't worry Kashyap, try next time.

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Hi to all.I think Lord kashyap will make up the QF's of this year's world Championship.He is playing way better than what we associate or atleast I associate.

18. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

[MENTION=122561]Nine Tailed Fox[/MENTION] Yes, quarters looks possible, his form looks good, just needs to keep a leash on his inner demons. He has not gone past quarters at WC. Every game he wins is an achievement. Whenever he goes on court he fights 2 battles, one with the opponent the other within himself. The positive from his loss is that he wasn't crushed the way Jan was in game 3. The draw will be the key for all the players. :D

19. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    http://http://www.sportskeeda.com/badminton/interview-kashyap-want-beat-top-guys-surfaces-where-shuttle-comes-slowly

EXCERPTS:

India’s ace shuttler Parupalli Kashyap has taken all the ‘excitement’ of beating world number one Chen Long at the recent Indonesian Open in his stride as he focuses on the forthcoming 2015 World Championships to be held in Jakarta in August.
    The 28-year-old shuttler became the first Indian singles player in 14 years to beat a reigning world number one – Pullela Gopichand last attained it beating Peter Gade to win the 2011 All England Championship. In fact, Kashyap is the first Indian singles player to beat a reigning world number one under the 21 points system. Kashyap, ranked 12th in the world, spoke about his big win over Chen Long among others in an exclusive interview.

Excerpts:
    Q: How was it beating world number one Chen Long of China in the quarter-finals of the Indonesian Open?

A:It is a ‘big feeling’ beating a player of Chen Long’s stature but I had to shut off all the ‘excitement’ as I had to play the semifinals against Japan’s Kento Momota next day. Looking back, it would have been a ‘grand feeling’ if I had beaten Chen Long in the final and won the tournament. At a personal level, off course this win will be a big boost to my confidence. I played really well to beat him.

Q: You became the first Indian men’s singles player in 14 years beating a reigning world number one – your coach Pullela Gopichand was the last Indian to attain this feat when he pipped Denmark’s Peter Gade to win the 2001 All England Championship?

A: Stats are for the record books, but it’s good to know that I have done something after so many years. I was not aware about this and only came to know about it after I got the better of Chen Long.

Q: What really went wrong in your semifinal against Kento Momota?

A: I think I should have won that match. I won’t say I was suffering from any lapses in concentration, but I was not relaxed playing the closing points. I got tensed and lost five points on the trot. Of course, Kento is a solid player and the fact that he went on to win the Indonesian Open is an indication of that.

Q: The World Championships is your next stop – how do you assess your chances?

A:Well, I believe I’m playing the best badminton of my career and if I keep training the way I do and stay injury-free there is no reason why I can’t fare well in the World Championships. It is a big-ticket event and doing well will stand me in good stead for the future.

Q: There is a feeling that you have the ammunition to beat top guys – something you have consistently achieved over the years – but you have upset the big guns in a tourney only to bow out in next round or thereafter. Your thoughts.

A:I’m not sure why it is happening – I’m working on my consistency – I feel I need to have one outstanding week in a big tournament, something which will do a world of good to my confidence.

Q: How important it is for a shuttler to win in all conditions – surfaces where the shuttle comes fast and surfaces where the shuttle comes slow?

A: I would like to beat top players and win tournaments in all conditions. The conditions in the Indonesian Open suited my attacking style while Chen Long is more of a defensive player, who likes to wear down his opponent. I would love to beat top players like Chen Long on surfaces where the shuttle comes slowly off the air and on such surfaces somebody like Chen Long can be lethal.

Q: How do you think one should avoid injuries?

A: It is imperative to strike a proper balance in your training as overtraining can only be detrimental to a player. I believe balancing one’s training can hugely help to minimise injuries if not fully avoid them.

Q: Finally, how do you look at India’s challenge in the 2015 World Championships?

Indian shuttlers should fare well in the 2015 World Championships – the likes of Saina, Sindhu, Srikanth besides me will strive to do well for the country.

#79 Lokesh, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  20. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

too much emphasis on chen long in this interview.his choke against momota made me forget his victory over CL.the reporter should have asked why do you choke so much?only srikanth can lead us to glory