Cheaper Alternative to Voltric 80

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Abu Tanki, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Abu Tanki

Abu Tanki Regular Member

Student
    Hi there,

Voltric 80 is the racket that I usually play with. Occasionally when a string goes etc. I need to use another racket. I don't like my current spare racket. My question is this: is it is worth investing in another Voltric 80 or is there is a cheaper alternative that feels similar to play with i.e. similar balance, flex etc.

Thanks very much,
    C

2. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    You could try Apacs Finapi 88 which looks similar but is much much cheaper. However my call would be always to buy another Voltric 80, its always nice to have two of the same racket so if the strings go during a match, you don't have to make any adjustments. You might be able to pick one up second hand for £50-£80, I've seen them go that price.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.

3. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Yeah, I agree, just get a used one. No point getting a new VT80 to use as a spare.

4. funkdrummer

funkdrummer Regular Member

Student
    I wouldn't suggest the Finapi 88. Very even balanced and VERY flexible (To me anyways). I would suggest you pick up another Voltric 80 and use the same string tension and strings as your main VT80.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

I'm not sure if it's cheaper but the upcoming Victor TK9900 is generating a lot of interest.

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Go for a 2nd VT80 all the way. If you play tournaments and league games and you break your string during a tight game, it can happen that you lose afew points because of adjustment. I never foundnd a racket which was similar. Especially if you compare a high end and cheap racket. They will never play similar and if you have much much luck it will play close with small adjustments.
    If you are just playing recreational with friends it don't make a difference, but for tournament and league players there is no other solution than a 2nd and if you use a high tension/thin strings and have not a good access to a trusty stringer a 3rd and maybe 4th would be perfect, depending how often you train. Also rotate the rackets regular to have them in same condition. If you can't afford a 3rd and 4th and play tournaments you should always inspect your strings and change them for safety. Also lower your tension 1-2 lbs if you use something close 30.

7. Abu Tanki

Abu Tanki Regular Member

Student
    I have bought a second VT80. Thanks for advice.

8. Abu Tanki

Abu Tanki Regular Member

Student
    Since I play in tournaments and leagues, I decided to get a second VT80. I will also try to rotate the rackets.

9. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Did you get a new or used one??