Babolat X-Feel Blast/Power/Essential/Lite - REVIEWS

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by InvincibleAjay, Jul 16, 2015.

1. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    As I'm an ambassador for the brand this year, I have many of their rackets to test, I will post comprehensive reviews about their rackets, trying to stay neutral. First up is the X-Feel Power.

Babolat X-Feel Power

PRODUCT SPECS

Weight - 86g
    Flex - Very Stiff
    Length - 675mm
    Balance point - 285mm

PHOTOS

DSC_0236.jpg
    DSC_0238.jpg
    DSC_0241.jpg
    DSC_0242.jpg
    DSC_0243.jpg
    DSC_0245.jpg
    DSC_0246.jpg

RACKET TECHNOLOGY

Hybrid Grommets Technology - Stiffer grommets match up with centered hits. A technology developed by Babolat for better feel at the shuttlecock's impact.

GT Technology - combines high density carbon fibers, giving the racquet head optimum strength for greater power and control.

MetriFlex Shaft - A revolutionary shaft with different levels of flexibility depending on the angle to maximize power while maintaining optimum precision.

Pilot System - More precision thanks to the two moulded stripes on the top of the grip.

20x21 Stringing Pattern - 8% more spin and -30% less time when stringing a racket as one string per grommet.

Carbon Xtrem - A revolutionary carbon manufacturing technology, implemented on the frame's strategic areas, provides optimal torque resistance, and thus stiffness and stability.

ON COURT

The one I received was factory strung with iFeel 0.70 string (this is standard in UK, it may vary in other countries or the racket may come unstrung). I also used Yonex AS30's during testing. Please bare this in mind when reading this review.

I always do clears to guage the feel of the racket, weight, swing speed, etc. This is a nicely balanced racket, feels even balanced but seems to have a touch of weight on the head that is definitely felt when doing punch clears. Clears needles to say were effortless. I noticed no vibration on hitting the shuttlecock which is a bonus. The feeling off the strings was nice too.

My fav racket atm is the BS12 so I knew I would compare this racket against that as they are very similar in spec, albeit this has a stiffer flex. I felt the flex wasn't as stiff as Yonex rackets, perhaps this has to do with the MetriFlex technology.

Smashing was great, the racket gave good power (mind the pun!). The feel and swing speed was great, this moves through the air well even though it is a bulky looking racket compared to most. I'm known for my smash accuracy and this racket did not disappoint. Again it was very accurate and I loved the control and feel I got from placing my smashes as the tram lines, etc.

Drops were easy and I was able to add slice and reverse slice with no issues. A nice feel once again in the head that helps with drops.

Drives were a breeze too, its really fast around the mid-court and allows you to quickly change racket face and control the shuttlecock how you want to. I was impressed with its quickness and power once again.

Netplay was good. Maybe a tad slower than say a head light racket but decent nevertheless. I was able to perform tumbling net shots, slices, cuts and fairly consistently.

VERDICT

Attack 8/10
    Defense 9/10
    Feel/Control 9/10
    Design 8/10

Overall an excellent all rounder, performs brilliantly in most areas and looks cool too.

(Disclaimer: the above review is my opinion, I've tried to remain impartial and have stated any factors like strings and shuttlecocks used, please take this with a pinch of salt and remember we all play differently, the above is intended as a guide only, thanks)

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.

#1 InvincibleAjay, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    Babolat X-Feel Blast

PRODUCT SPECS

Weight - 88g
    Flex - Ultra Stiff
    Length - 675mm
    Balance point - 295mm

PHOTOS

DSC_0259.jpg
    DSC_0261.jpg
    DSC_0262.jpg
    DSC_0265.jpg
    DSC_0266.jpg

RACKET TECHNOLOGY

Hybrid Grommets Technology - Stiffer grommets match up with centered hits. A technology developed by Babolat for better feel at the shuttlecock's impact.

GT Technology - combines high density carbon fibers, giving the racquet head optimum strength for greater power and control.

MetriFlex Shaft - A revolutionary shaft with different levels of flexibility depending on the angle to maximize power while maintaining optimum precision.

Pilot System - More precision thanks to the two moulded stripes on the top of the grip.

20x21 Stringing Pattern - 8% more spin and -30% less time when stringing a racket as one string per grommet.

Carbon Xtrem - A revolutionary carbon manufacturing technology, implemented on the frame's strategic areas, provides optimal torque resistance, and thus stiffness and stability.

ON COURT

The one I received was restrung with iFeel 0.68 string. I also used Yonex AS30's during testing. Please bare this in mind when reading this review.

Clears were easy to perform, you definitely notice the head weight whilst swinging the racket. The feel of the strings is nice. Punch and drive clears as easily delivered thanks to the added weight. You may need to adjust the timing if you are used to a even balance or head light racket.

Smashing is where this racket really performs well. When you catch the shuttle on the sweetspot, boom, the smash flies off the racket nicely and accurately. Comparable to the VF2 and you have a larger sweetspot compared to the VF2 so its easier to use.

Drops were easy and I was able to add slice and reverse slice with no issues. The weight in the racket head makes this possible.

Drives were a good too, its slower mid-court compared to the Power but overall it allowed me to switch positions and deal with drives both on the forehand and backhand.

Netplay was slower. Moving it around the front takes effort, I felt the racket holding me back. However when I got to the shuttle, the net shots was easy to perform.

VERDICT

Attack 10/10
    Defense 6/10
    Feel/Control 7/10
    Design 8/10

Overall an attacking players racket. Defensively it lacks in certain areas, the control is harder at the net. The design is nice once again, red and black always looks classy.

(Disclaimer: the above review is my opinion, I've tried to remain impartial and have stated any factors like strings and shuttlecocks used, please take this with a pinch of salt and remember we all play differently, the above is intended as a guide only, thanks)

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.

#2 InvincibleAjay, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  3. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    X-Feel Essential review to come.. Reserved.

PRODUCT SPECS

Weight - 84g
    Flex - Medium
    Length - 675mm
    Balance point - 290mm

#3 InvincibleAjay, Jul 16, 2015
  4. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    X-Feel Lite review to come.. Reserved.

PRODUCT SPECS

Weight - 82g
    Flex - Medium Stiff
    Length - 675mm
    Balance point - 280mm

#4 InvincibleAjay, Jul 16, 2015
  5. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    What racket has the closes specs to the BS 12?

6. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    Either the X-Feel Power or better still the Satelite 6.5 Power is closest in terms of specs, its 87g, medium stiff and even balance. However the BS12 is 93g weight and none of the Babolat rackets are that heavy. The BS12 is a great racket and harder to emulate but the Power in the series does a decent job.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

7. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    X-Feel Blast Review online.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.

8. JeepDK

JeepDK Regular Member

Thanks for the reviews. The X-Feel power is on sale at my local store and after reading your review I ordered one. Babolat doesn't seem to be getting much attention on these forums. It's gonna be interesting to see how it compares to my Victor rackets.

9. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    Do let us know how you find the racket. I do love my Power, it's definitely growing on me.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Just a word of advice. Whenever you're furious with your parents or you think they're terrible, just remember, you vomited on them and they kept you.

10. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    Looking forward to your review for the rest.
    I am interested in essential, but would like to know more about the racket :)

11. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Just Bought the X-Feel Essential, and will be playing with it this evening, I've BIG expectations:p

12. cooc67

cooc67 Regular Member

Nobody to speak about the new Babolat X-feel Aero + ?

13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I found a french site about the Aero+. Without specs and pics it's pretty useless to talk about it.

14. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

15. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    I will get the X-Feel II (2016) range next week, thats the Blast, Power, Essential and Lite so will post reviews on them asap. Watch this space...

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

16. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

I will kick a note in here, my 2 Blast and 1 Essential are from this evening at Bali all declared dead by broken frames 1 by one over the last 6 month with changing double partners.
    They seems to be very fragile.. clock 10:10
    The last 2 was broken with just a mild little clinggg,, nothing wild, and racket strunged 23 lbs
    Whatever Babolat make some playable rackets but bare in mind who you share lane with

17. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    Interesting Petersen, all rackets are prone to breakage from clashes, you must be very unlucky. I have had not had my X-Feel Power, Blast or Lite die on me yet and I have had many clashes with them. I've had the rackets over a year now so my opinion is they are fairly well made.

I've just received the new 2016 range, X-Feel Blast II, Power II, Essential II and Lite II. I'm currently testing them out and will post my reviews in due course.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    We can learn much from wise words, little from wisecracks, and less from wise guys.

18. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

2016 x-feel rackets are all oval-head shapes, right?

19. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Yes absolutely unlucky

My second thought were it might was the heat at the courts here on Bali 36-40 celcius after a sunny day.
    Whatsoever Im not done with Babolat at all

20. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    Yes the new 2016 range are more oval shape than isometric Here is a quick comparison. Left is the 2014 X-Feel Power, Right is the new 2016 X-Feel Power II

[​IMG]

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.k,k

Attached Files:

#20 InvincibleAjay, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016