Yonex Voltric 80 E-Tune

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 3, 2015.

1. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Maybe it's just me but the original VT80 color grows on me more than the PG... I find it easier to couple grip colors with it too, unlike the PG where I only can used red or white...

With that said, depending on your setup, I believe you'll find the 80ETN has more power and the shaft seems to be slightly more flexible than VT80.

Have fun and I can't wait to hear your review!

2. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    If that is indeed the feel I will get, I will enjoy it. I loved the VT80 but sometimes found the flex a tad stiff for my game. Oh I loved the original VT80 colour scheme too but being a Liverpool fan, any red racket always catches my eye, lol. :D

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    There are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and so on

3. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Would you prefer the PG or original 80 color scheme then? Haha.

I'm not a white angel... Just... Red devil... :p

But I don't watch any matches at all, just BWF.tv :eek:

4. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

I had few more sessions with the VT80E and compared to the VFII. The VFII definitely have more vibration dampening properties than the VT80E. That could be a good or bad thing. Personally I prefer a bit of vibration as to me my feel more enhanced feel that way. Using the same strings at the same tension, and both strung at the same time, the VT80E definitely has a more crisp feel.

Despite that with the 2 side and 2 bottom gold parts installed, the VT80E felt about as head heavy as the VFII, I feel I can swing the VFII faster and felt the VFII is slightly more maneuverable. I also got to try with all the red parts installed instead, and as expected, it felt exactly the same as with the same gold parts installed. The only difference you'll notice with the gold parts is if you were to install the 2 additional top gold parts (which I have not tried), which would add another 0.32g.

Initially I wanted to compare the VT80E and the VFII at the same head-heaviness, which I have tried. So far, the VT80E with either all the red parts installed, or the same respective gold parts installed, both compared to the VFII, I still prefer my VFII. However now that I noticed I can swing the VFII faster, I will decrease the head weight of the VT80E by removing the 2 bottom parts in hope to match the swing speed and maneuverability and do another comparison.

#184 jsunsun, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  5. djlightscene

djlightscene Regular Member

Hey Paul,

Any news on your review of the 80 E-Tune?
    I've been looking forward to it especially the comparison vetween 80 and the 80 E-Tune . Anyway good luck! Thanks in advance !

6. bearbear888

bearbear888 Regular Member

Software
    That's the comparison I waiting for: 80 vs 80E.

Don't know why everyone wants to compare the 80E to the VFII, since they are 2 different racquets.

7. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Yeah me too. I've always wondered if it's an major upgrade? or just basically 2 different kinds of racket?

8. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Based on Paul's and others comparison of the VT70 and the VT70ET, it may be the same that they do feel quite different to each other. I think it is quite probable that the VT80ET will play differently.

9. lhkjacky

lhkjacky Regular Member

Student
    How is the review of the racket? :)

10. Alex_Xu

Alex_Xu Regular Member

NON
    i can bet any money that he will think the original is better

11. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I'm still testing the VT80 Etune. So far I've not been too impressed. I prefer the original VT80. I'll complete my testing next week and post a review soon after that.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

12. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

This racket is now the most popular racket in my area with ZF2 and ZSpeed tightly following, with a lot of young advanced players going for it for the nice look. I think this racket is not just all about power, this racket is so powerful for smashes and excellent for drives but also great for defense with it's improved maneuverability. Bigger sweet spot and less stiff shaft also contributes for its better maneuverability compared to ZF2. I find it less demanding to use compared to ZF2, but on par for the power department. I would really recommend this racket for those who love attacking, aggressive play as for power shots like drives and smashes, as I think this racket is the bomb and really excel in offensive areas but at the same time won't be disappointing for defense as for me it's definitely better than ZF2 in terms of defense IMHO (maybe due to the bigger frame and less stiff shaft) .

13. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

How do you find it compared to the original vt80? also have these guys been using any of the additional grommet weights or just bare?

14. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

Mine was with all the parts on (my local racket shop owner borrowed it for demo testing with BG66U 26lbs), I wasn't sure about the other players though I think they have the power and swing speed to handle with all parts on because their quite experienced players. I couldn't compare it with original vt80 I'm sorry as I've never used one. If I would have to rank the top hard hitting racket of Yonex it would be VT80Etune>ZF2>ZSpeed. These are the three rackets that make the BOOM BOOM sound in our club^^

15. ShadowKnight

ShadowKnight Regular Member

Hi
    I don't understand with red and gold parts, what are different between power and speed that yonex advertising.
    Normally, gold parts should get power than red parts, because gold parts weight are heavier than red parts.

16. edvine

edvine Regular Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437820090.761851.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437820103.581775.jpg

Hope this can help

17. ShadowKnight

I know number of yonex advertising.
    what is different between power and speed when shuttlecock driving?
    because when smash measure = speed...km/hr. then power and speed ???

18. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    There are multiple ways to evaluate power so it's quite confusing. It can be seen as the distance travalled by a projectile after hitting it (has to do with the angle at which the projectile leaves the stringbed) or as the speed at which the projectile is leaving the stringbed (repulsion).

Speed is only a measure of the racket's speed at the impact point.

19. ShadowKnight

Thank you so much

20. na_twins

na_twins Regular Member

Played with it for 2 days now. I have my 4U G4 strung at 26lbs with all 4 red parts. As I started, immediately noticed that it produces massive power even for a wrist smash. Coming from a 3U Nanoray 900 i did not feel much muscle fatigue as I did with my 3U Z-Force, probably due to its less overall weight, and the head heaviness did not bother me after few rallies. I could not compare it with a 4U ZF or ZF II, but I would imagine they are pretty close in terms of power. Important fact is that it's very easy to maneuver in defense or offense. I've played doubles and singles, and had no problems whatsoever, whether it's a winning smash or tight defensive rally it held up. Another thing I noticed when compared to my NR, since you do not need high swing speeds, your shots become more accurate with more power.

About the parts, I think the gold parts are more aerodynamic and slim to improve swing speeds but not sure though because they both look the same.