Victor Thruster K9900

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by MagicElite, Mar 20, 2015.

1. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    True - a missing cross isn't really going to make much difference.

2. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    If you consistently hit the sweetspot it isn't. I have a few customers that would be visiting me more often if they used it like that.

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Lucky I'm pretty consistent. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to maintain 30/31 for months haha.

4. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Don't yell at me for claiming this...but I wonder...

Since the BP isn't very head heavy, could victor just have taken the js 10 frame and added the grommets to make it to the tk 9900?

The HK guys still don't have the racket for sale goddamit.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

No, JS10 frame is smaller than both HX800 and TK9900.

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    What he said. Not only that the frame shape is different. The shaft diameter and length are different. What you've done is made a totally baseless and frankly dumb claim

7. speck

speck Regular Member

just got my myp tk9900. bp is about 296mm empty with original grip and plastic intact.
    not impressed with the finishing. imo the js 10 or even tk9000 has much better finishing.

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    What part of the finish is bad? I quite like it. It's beautiful. Except the grommets

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

And when will those grommets be available as an extra... you've got to peek underneath them when you get the chance. Can it run without them, and how much beef are they adding?:)

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    No clue. Tbh if I don't like it that much I'm cutting the string and pulling them off. Then I can weigh with normal grommets.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

You've already messed us up... you didn't even weigh with the factory grip...

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I did. But with strings. So moot point =)

13. visor

visor Regular Member

That means bp without plastic is close to 300.

Although the JS10 matte finish looks nice, but I found it to be easily scuffed with simple scooping up birds... :(

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    This plastic bit is even more annoying.

15. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Hey well I thought the JS 10 and tk9900 used the same frame cuz tk9900 is 'compact'. The bp's were too close :p.

Knew I would get yelled at for it. I deserve it though :p

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Hmm I'm not sure how I want to word my first impressions for this racket..gave it 3 solid hours but I'm still struggling on the timing portion. Partly because of the head size and also because I'm not used to head heavy.

Suffice to say I think it's a better racket than the HX800 though in the same amount of play time. I actually think it is stiffer as well but that could be due to being a player version. But I'm not getting any power yet regardless but that's all me and the racket not synching up. It might actually benefit more from taking off the grommet strips.

#216 Ch1k0, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  17. type R jai

type R jai Regular Member

thanks fort the little update. I'm resisting ordering this racket and the onigir.

I really like my tk6000 and 9000 but generally like any head heavy racket.

played solid 2 hours yesterday with my 1st gen at700 and forgot how good it was.

of all my heady heavy rackets at the moment my fav is the 6000 but it maybe due to string and tension.

18. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Actually this would be the first surprise Victor has designed TK9900 different with TK9000. In the first sample I have seen last year, it is an extremely heavy TK9900 on 3U version. I think Victor customized it to the TK9900 I have right now. The first batch 20 pcs MYP generally BP is around 295-300mm, not very impress by the figure but when you used on it, small frame and its accuracy is really a killer.

The 2nd batch 40pcs MYP BP reached 303mm maximum so far with only weight 92g with string and grip, you can imagine a 3U racket with so light figure and generate so strong power, I think is a big leap on Victor racket so far.

I was always thought Victor 4U TK9000 is the best on attack previously, now seems to be TK9900 they should produce a 2U version since a lot of comments said it is light and yet to generate good power, I believed some of the bull player might need 2U version since 3U will feels light.

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Well I really like the one I got now. I just think I might want to take off the plastic grommet strip and see how it goes.

20. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Well, quoting Paul on the tk9900- 'I hope to review this racket later in the year. It has the same size head as Jetspeed 10 but is heavier with a slimmer shaft for those big smashes.' Was wondering why I was thinking that, so that's where my source came from.

Good:
    +
    They're doing the right thing with the frame, JS 10 frame speed proved to be very fast.
    The thin shaft seems to be intriguing.
    The frame is probably even stronger than before.

However:
    -
    I'm gonna hold on to the buying as the initial words around the tk9900 aren't very positive in general. Two big things worry me:

1. Flexibility to too high
    2. Head heaviness is not enough

These are warning signals that this racket isn't 'top of the line' as marketed. I'd expect the 'top of the line' rackets to be hard to use (but better if used effectively), and top of the line rackets are supposed to cater with to players with better control of the racket (which isn't 'most' players).

Haven't used it, so I don't want to jump to conclusions yet...I might stick with the zf ii.