2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. KingCantona

KingCantona Regular Member

Seems like it will be a wise move to get a head heavy racket. Paul, thanks for the advice.

2. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

As countless others have mentioned, you're probably not gonna get the best results ever with this racket, but its stiffness and head heaviness will improve your skill and over time you will be more able to take advantage of the increased head heaviness and hence faster swing speed. Note 'more able', you're unlikely to be able to fully use it, and I'd say the only reliable way to deal with the zf ii is to go to the gym and do some weight training.

3. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I know it isn't a reasonable mix, but I use ZFII for singles and NR900 for doubles...works fine for me.

4. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
    I have a head heavy & even balance. But this is because the even balance is my older mid ranger and the head heavy is the ZF2

5. KingCantona

Hi Holhm, given a choice will you wanna own one of each or both of the similar spec?

6. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
    NOW I would rather have 2 of what I like, so the ZF2. I only have the other racket in use because it was my old one, so yeah

7. Yuiibo

Yuiibo New Member

Designer
    Hi, guys i'd like to ask about VZF 2.
    i have 2 rackets with LD Version, LCW Version, and Original Version.
    Between 3 of them one of my fav was LCW Version. But, it's just my imagination or feeling.
    But my LCW version are 3U 5G. compare to LD Version 3U 4G.
    LCW version a little bit heavier on the head. I don't know.
    I thought the differences are just from paint colour.

Have any body try it ? And there interesting thing happened after 2 weeks i bought LCW.
    The 27lbs BG 66 Force string is cut off in the middle.
    But my LD Version with the same tension and string still ok till now.

8. garra

garra Regular Member

HI,
    I got 4U version of vzf2.
    Please regarding stringing thin stuff like Ashaway ZM62, at 28 lbs, will that damage grommets lot more rapidly that let say zm65 at 28 lbs?

9. CBlack

CBlack Regular Member

My apologies ahead of time, I just snapped some quick pictures using smartphone.

I joined the VTZF2 owner's club about 2 months ago, and loved it in 3U-G4 so much, I decided to try some 4U-G4 to find out what all the hubbub was about with having such a light weight racquet.

They arrived today from Japan.

VTZF2 - 08132015 - 001.jpg

I don't know how common this is, because I haven't been able to play or really buy any equipment in many years.

Is this normal to have them all from the same production date, and 3/4 are sequentially numbered, almost as if they rolled off the assembly line especially for me???:confused:

VTZF2 - 08132015 - 002.jpg

Last question...

I have never seen this symbol before, but what is this "S" on the cone next to the grip size & weight?
    Or is that a numeral "5" ???

VTZF2 - 08132015 - 003.jpg

I own a couple of other Japan racquets from Yonex, but I don't recall seeing an "S" on the cone anywhere.

Thank you for any assistance you might be able to offer.

Cheers.

#1669 CBlack, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  10. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

S logo embedded on Yonex JP Coded rackets mean Safe to use product. :D

11. KingCantona

I got my 4U VTZF2 one week ago. On the my first day using it, I was struggling to get use to it (my other racket is BS12). On my 2nd day of using it, I got addicted to power although it is a slower and less friendly racket than BS12.

12. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

It is bound to be slower than the BS12, it's not as aerodynamically refined nor as head heavy as the bs12. The bs12 cuts through air easier and is medium flex, making it a very easy racket to use.

13. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    Wait, you're saying the VTZF2 is not as head heavy as the BS12? That must be a LOT of lead tape you're using on the BS12 ;)

14. KingCantona

I measured the balance point for my BS12 is around 290mm while the VTZF2 is around 320mm. This is with the grip on.

15. esppy

esppy Regular Member

If... I may.

http://www.sg-mark.org/
    This, called the Safe Goods standard (SG Mark) by Consumer Product Safety Association (CPSA) of Japan, is for products in Japan that qualify for safe use by consumers.

You mentioned that (made in) Japan Yonex racquets do not have them but these do.
    This is chiefly because of the fact that these VTZF2's you got are JP coded, ie. meant for the Japanese domestic market consumption. That's why theres the SG mark on them.

Other areas (AU,SP,DK,etc) will not have them because of what I mentioned above. Don't worry, it's authentic.

Also, on the cone code (DDMMYX), all your VTZF2s are made on 19 May 2015, because many can be made in a day.

The shaft numbers are so close because when shops place order (from what I encountered before in Japan), Yonex just dispatches accordingly with minimal random mess. Hence, a shop can end up with sequential running shaft serials. Not an issue there either. You can also request for running shaft serials if you so wish, and they do have, in which they shouldn't have any reason not to comply.

Hope this helps!

16. CBlack

CBlack Regular Member

Very informative.
    Thank you Esppy!

17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

18. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Just saw my mistake hannster. I'm sure you knew what i meant though.

To that post, it's supposed to say "not as aerodynamically refined and a lot more head heavy than the BS12."

19. biborinho

biborinho Regular Member

Today i get a new z-force2 with factory yonex string (bg66ulti). But i believe the string job isnt great, because the racket head is 2-3mm longer and less width then my old yonex z-force 2. But i dont know which of my z-force has a deformed head, cause both are strung and i dont want to cut the strings. Can someone measure the overall length of an unstrung z-force racket, so that i can compare.
    My first racket is 673mm, my second one 676mm long.

#1679 biborinho, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I wouldn't be worried. It's very common to have a couple mm over or under the original length when done stringing. As long as the string job feels good ans you trust the stringer there should not be any problem.