Arcsaber 002 vs Li-ning G-Force 2200 vs Muscle Power 22 vs Muscle Power 29 vs ....

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by theironhide, Aug 23, 2015.

1. theironhide

theironhide Regular Member

I would consider myself a (low) intermediate player. I have been using an Indian brand racket (http://www.silversportsindia.com/productdetails/Badminton-015-LX-1500-AACU.html) for over 2 years now. It is a 3U-G3 95 gm racket with a stiff shaft and an oval head. However, I misplaced the racket last week and have been thinking of switching to Yonex or Li-ning for the new racket.

I have shortlisted the following rackets and am unable to decide :

Yonex Arcsaber 002
    Li-ning G-Force 2200
    Li-ning SS 68 III
    Yonex Muscle Power 22 Plus
    Yonex Muscle Power 29 Lite
    Yonex Nanoray 20
    Yonex Nanoray 6000

As I said, I am an intermediate player, and I play around 2 hours 4-5 days a week. I am both offensive and defensive and play both doubles as well as singles (doubles more than singles).

Please suggest which racket I should go for. Since I have played before with a 95 gm racket before and am an intermediate player, will switching to lighter rackets help? Having played with a stiff shaft, should I go for a flexible shaft as in Arcsaber 002? I read a lot of good reviews about the Arcsaber. Should I go for it instead of the Muscle Powers or should I go for the Li-ning? Please reply. Thanks in advance.

2. scps88

scps88 Regular Member

n/a
  3. theironhide

4. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Hi, I have limited experience with Yonex Arc 002, MP 22, MP 29, NR 20 and Li-ning SS 68 III so my comment is based on it.

Arc 002 (flexible, even balance) is an overall well balanced racket, good for defence as well as generating decent power. I'd say easiest to use among your list.
    MP 22 (mid-flex, even balance to slightly head heavy) is good for generating lot of power, but IMO it requires more effort than say Arc 002, or MP 29.
    MP 29 (mid-flex, even balance) is also well balanced racket, but little stiffer than Arc 002. I own one and I find it easy to play with it. Can generate plenty of power for clears and smashes.
    NR 20 (flex, even balance to head light) should be easier to defend with, not very sure about the offensive capabilities though. It has a dual profile frame though (box shaped near T-joint and aerodynamic towards the top).

I have seen few of my club mates using Li-ning SS 68 III, seems to be a well balanced racket, when I tried dry swings it felt slightly more than even balance (towards head heavy), but very slightly.

Arc 002, MP 22 or MP 29 would be safe choices if you can not try the racket before you buy. Coming from a different weight class, and shaft flex you will certainly feel a lot of difference, but give it some time and you will be perfectly comfortable with any of the rackets you have in your list. :)

#4 sayshh, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  5. WanZhM

WanZhM Regular Member

IT Business Analyst/Consultant
    Hi theironhide, nice to meet you :)

I have personally tried the MP29 Light and Li-Ning SS98-III. Quite similar opinion to sayshh above.

To the point of your question, I'd recommend to have the 3U racket (85-89 g) since you've been playing with a 2U. Getting a 4U might be too light for you and harder to get familiar with it. Thus, the 29 Light or NR20 would be a good choice.

Also, may I know your preference on the playstyle? It could help to determine your choice of racket too ;)

6. theironhide

Hi WanZhM!

Thank you for your reply.

As of now, I have reduced my shortlist to 2 and need to choose between them.

Yonex ArcSaber 002
    Yonex MusclePower 29 Lite

As for my playstyle, I play both singles and doubles (doubles more often than singles). I am kind of both offensive as well as defensive. I, however, do not have a very swift/strong swing action, which is where I am worried if the MP is gonna be a good racket for me. I read that because of the high flex shaft of ArcSaber and the nanoair spring technology, it is easier to generate power than the MP. But I am worried if playing with a flex shaft (Arc) coming from a stiff shaft (my previous racket) is going to be a problem.

Also, I like the name "ArcSaber". It sounds uber cool, much cooler than "Muscle Power". And have you seen the ArcSaber bags? They are wicked cool! Anyway, jokes aside (but seriously, I mean, how cool is the bag as well as the name :D), I really want to go with the ArcSaber as it has a larger "sweet spot". Apart from that, I am confused.

Please help. Help me choose between Arc 002 and MP 29 Lite.

Thanks.

7. WanZhM

WanZhM Regular Member

IT Business Analyst/Consultant
    Hi! :)

There is Jernan here from SG/MY having a review for Arc002 (dated back then to 2012 though)

I do believe that the Arc002 will kinda give you more benefit in doubles than singles. And from my experience, changing from a stiff to flexible shaft rackets is not that different, a couple hours and you'll be OK. As for the sweet spot, not much differences between these two, I think.

8. theironhide

Hi!

Thanks for the review! So, please suggest what would be better? The Arc 002 or the MP 29 Lite. The more I read, the bigger the dilemma I find myself in. While everyone says that Arc 002 is a "fantastic racket" for beginners and intermediates, I also find people saying that smashes with Arc become clears. Similarly, there are both positive and negative reviews for the MP 29 Lite (great for smash/not so flex).

Please help me arrive at a decision

Thanks.

9. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Choosing a racket is not so easy it seems. May be you can choose by colour :p Reading online is one thing and using the racket is another. I don't agree that a smash could become a clear with any racket, even the cheapest one.. so it can't be true for Arc 002 either. I'd say you should concentrate on fantastic racket part of the racket. On the other hand, you don't have to worry about the flex of MP 29 as you are coming from stiff racket anyway. Best thing is to visit a shop and spend some time with both rackets, buy the one that (i) you feel better with (ii) suits your budget.

Good luck in your selection.

SHiX likes this.
  10. theironhide

Please reply.

11. SHiX

SHiX New Member