Are your Yonex Clothing MADE in JAPAN??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by mms6a, Sep 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Is it me or is it almost 90% of all Yonex clothing sold in Japan are Made in Japan??

(This applies to Yonex T-shirts, Shirts, Sweaters, Jackets, Hoodies, Shorts, Long pants, and Skirts)

I bought a couple of Yonex shirts and sweaters in Japan last night..

And on the tag, it shows the Suggested Retail Price, and below it it shows "Made in Japan"

In the US/Canada, all my Yonex clothing were either Made in Indonesia, Vietnam for the higher end shirts,

And Made in China for the lower end shirts.

NEVER have I seen Yonex Clothing that is Made in Japan...

Have anyone thought about this?

The Made in Japan Yonex Shirt I bought in Japan compared to my Made in Indonesia or Made in China Yonex Game short I bought in the US/Canada feels very different

The Made in Japan shirt has a superior feel, drys faster when it is soaked with sweat, and it is MORE RESISTANT to dirt and food/drink spills and can be washed off and completely cleaned off effortlessly with just water.

The Made in Indonesia/China Yonex shirt feels slightly "less" silky, and a tad bit rougher compared to the Made in Japan shirt bought from Japan.

My 2015 US/Canada bought Made in China/Indonesia game shirts costs on average around $45-55 plus Tax

My 2015 Tokyo Japan bought Made in Japan game shirts costs on average 5700 yen - 6500 yen with tax included in the price (About $57- $65)

That is a +$10 premium over the Made in China/Indonesia Game Shirt with the same design.

As far as I have seen, almost 90% of all Yonex clothing sold in stores in Japan are Made in Japan, so either way, you are forced to pay a bit of a higher price for a Made in Japan product.

Does having Made in Japan for domestic Yonex Clothing also have an increase of the price?

#1 mms6a, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Good question. I would like to ask the same question for rackets and shoes as well. Thanks.

3. Micha

Micha Regular Member

Can talk only about western parts of the world, have never seen any yonex product that was actually made in Japan and was sold in eu or us. Can't compare the quality but as far as i know its very similar to Japanese versions.

4. nemrod

nemrod Regular Member

I checked my Japanese market Yonex apparel, the game shirt I have was made in Japan and the shorts made in China. I have none from outside Japan to compare with unfortunately.

5. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Indeed Nemrod

Almost 90% of all Yonex Apparel (clothing mainly) are Made in Japan

I had a US Yonex Game Shirt, as well as the new 2015 Yonex Lin Dan Game Shirt Replica (Yellow) from Canada

Both are MADE IN CHINA...

Then in Japan, I bought a few Yonex Game Shirts, and Sweaters, and a Yonex Hoodie, ALL OF Them are MADE IN JAPAN, with one of my Yonex Shorts that is Made in Vietnam.

6. linhrom

linhrom Regular Member

i dont know about the Japanese market but the shirts (2015 model) that I've got are made in China while the exact same shirts for sponsored players are made in Japan, you can feel the different (a friend of mine has a player edition from Indonesia player). Even though the price of the Made in China ones already very high lolz

7. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    That is EXACTLY HOW I FELT TOO

The Made in Japan Yonex Shirt I bought in Japan compared to my Made in Indonesia or Made in China Yonex Game short I bought in the US/Canada feels very different

The Made in Japan shirt has a superior feel, drys faster when it is soaked with sweat, and it is MORE RESISTANT to dirt and food/drink spills and can be washed off and completely cleaned off effortlessly with just water.

The Made in Indonesia/China Yonex shirt feels slightly "less" silky, and a tad bit rougher compared to the Made in Japan shirt bought from Japan.

My 2015 US/Canada bought Made in China/Indonesia game shirts costs on average around $45-55 plus Tax

My 2015 Tokyo Japan bought Made in Japan game shirts costs on average 5700 yen - 6500 yen with tax included in the price (About $57- $65)

That is a +$10 premium over the Made in China/Indonesia Game Shirt with the same design.

As far as I have seen, almost 90% of all Yonex clothing sold in stores in Japan are Made in Japan, so either way, you are forced to pay a bit of a higher price for a Made in Japan product.

8. rx7kin

rx7kin Regular Member

in South East Asia, there's 2 type of Yonex shirt...Yonex Sunrise and JP version..all the Sunrise version is a replica shirt and made of lower quality material as compare to JP version which is better quality material of which is more silky.
    The price different is almost double for JP version shirt. In S'pore, most of the Sunrise replica is selling around SGD$40-$50 range and for JP shirt will be around SGD$89.90. Twice a year Yonex Sunrise S'pore will have a warehouse sales and most of the older model shirt will go on sales for just $10 a pc.
    Most of the replica is made in either China/Indonesia/Vietnam. As for JP version shirt, I'm not really sure as i didn't own any of them.

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i bought a Yonex jacket, which was made in Japan, back in 2006. (I think it is a JP version, but I am not really sure.) I bought it in Hong Kong.

It still looks and feels brand new today, despite having been washed many times.

10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I have a Yonex shirt. It's an older model. It's MADE IN JAPAN. I won it on a tournament in Germany, It was supplied as a price from a local shop.

11. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Nice. Great to know that Made in Japan clothing from Yonex is made of better quality.

12. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Wonder if this applies to shoes too.

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    My nipples burn after a long session because of the sweat and the rough material. :D:D:D:D So I can't agree.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=59291]ucantseeme[/MENTION]
    Lol... I lol'd at this in the past, but one time I wore the wrong t shirt to play (heavy cotton instead of my usual smooth dry fit material) and dang!... did my nipples ever pay for it... :D

15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I heard from a friend of mine, who play high level soccer, that he use nipple covers to prevent this issue. I thought that he want to joke, but after browsing the net, there are various brands which offer this stickers for runners etc. :D:D:D

I prefer to use Nike Drifit shirts. Nothing is more comfortable. I tried various brands but IMO Nike has the best.

#15 ucantseeme, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  16. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    The Yonex Made in Japan polyester shirts are smoother than my Nike Dri-Fit vests...

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Mizuno's Made in Japan shirts are also silky smooth.

I heard it's the same for Asics, but i haven't tried so i can't vouch for them.

18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I'm sorry that I can't agree. My YY shirt is 100% Polyester and MADE IN JAPAN. It isn't as smooth as any of my Dri-fit Shirts. It's not a Fake. Maybe an exception.

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yonex international clothing are the EX coded stuff and usually Made in China. JP code is indeed different and higher quality (and price) and for the domestic market. Shirts Made in Japan; shoes, bags in China.
    Nike dri-fit I only have football shirts and in comparison they feel like sandpaper (but als compared to Adidas football shirts), but then again they are quite different compared to the tennis polos iirc ...

#19 demolidor, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  20. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Majority of mine are made in Indonesia, Thailand or China.

Made in China apparels tend be thinner and sweat will literally be dripping and making the floor wet. They can be silky smooth though.

Made in Indonesia and Thailand apparels are thicker and much better at absorbing sweat. But as with all technologies, if you sweat buckets, then it's not of any use... the material used is also a bit rough, but not enough to cause abrasions.