Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. thlim78

thlim78 Regular Member

I have set it to public. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIzb7h7504E
    Please comment if there is any room for improvement I need to work on. Thank you.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    even without watching the video, I would say, post a competitive game and be more aggressive ! :D

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I would say, not agressive at all! But the racket skill is ok, just the legs don't move much

4. sebastientromp

sebastientromp Regular Member

You have a good racket :)

1:14: you have the racket head down. Especially in doubles, it's important to be able to react quickly, so you should always have your racket up when you're in an attacking position.
    2:30: if you pause, you can see you step back while hitting. This will cause your shot to lack precision (you got lucky here :)) and more importantly, you are attacking and should put more pressure on your opponent. Instead you go back to a defensive position.
    2:40: you should move forward when your partner gets that high serve. At worst, he'll lob and you'll fall back to a defensive position.
    2:48: that's lazy (but I used to be just like that too) :D
    2:53: here again I would put more pressure by being present at the net

I haven't looked at the whole video, but you get the idea. You have a good technique, which you could use more efficiently if you put more pressure on your opponents :)

5. thlim78

thlim78 Regular Member

Thanks for all your feedback. I agree on the valid points raised above. I think the main reason why I am not aggressive enough is perhaps because I know how my friends' style of game, and know where and how they will be hitting, as we have been playing together for many years.

The only times when I become more pro-active/aggressive in my games is when playing against new faces.

Sometimes, I lack of idea how to "motivate" myself to play better with the existing group of friends.

#2345 thlim78, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  6. visor

visor Regular Member

I know what you mean. You can try practicing some deceptive or no-look shots. :)

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    loser will pay for Nasi lemak ...

8. sebastientromp

sebastientromp Regular Member

I understand that too :) What I usually do is I give myself a handicap, like sealing away one type of shot, or always playing in a specific pattern (eg never attack, always alternate sides, never lob when the opponent does a drop, etc.).

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Finally! Back to Badminton! Injury worries kept me out of it for almost half a year, and I'm slowly getting back into it. The yearly exchange took place in Bristol this year, after I had managed to play twice after roughly 2 months with no playing at all - so I was a bit rusty ;)
    I'll upload the rest of the footage and the MD match in our latest league match in the coming days, but here's the first one as a little teaser! Since this is a social event and no competition, we may not be all that fired up and fixing to smash the shuttle into the floor, but it's still badminton - and loads of fun! :)

As always, I appreciate any comments, critical or otherwise, as well as every view. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask!

[VIDEO=youtube;64HIC6H0RM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64HIC6H0RM0[/VIDEO]

PS: I'm the tall right-hander, black-green shirt ;)

10. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    I wouldn't bother with the Duora-10, with the amount of times you spun your racket haha :).

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Haha, its an old habit, but I actually hold it facing the same direction all the time - the grip isnt entirely the same otherwise. So I actually could play with the Duora - if I even wanted to :D

12. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Fair enough. I'm quite OCD about that, I pretty much always keep the racket the same way each game.

13. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Better than LYD...Keep up the hard work

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Haha same here :D

Thanks mate ;)

15. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Good to see you back, j4ckie

16. murthy054

murthy054 Regular Member

software
    Hi All,

Here is my video of Badminton doubles. We play with Yonex mavis 350(plastic) shuttle. Please have a look and let us know your views/ you can directly comment on the youtube link as well.

I am the one in white shirt.

Thanks,
    Ram

17. murthy054

murthy054 Regular Member

software
    Forgot to paste the link..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drhi-bpWgl8&feature=youtu.be

18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hi, and welcome. :)

Your contact point for overhead shots is too low and you hit IMO too much aside your body than above your head. During warm up it's very bad. Often you are standing far away and just wait for the shuttle, to take it instead of moving to the neutral position and back. If you do this in a serious game you give much opportunities away.

Your racket is during defending too low. If somebody is aiming your waist or belly or chest, you won't get it.

Your smash is just a movement of the arm. I don't see any body/hip rotation and scissor jump. Too static and ineffective.

Generally your footwork is really static, sluggish and not bouncy and fast. IMO it's actually ineffective. Sometimes you are struggling and it seems like you are tripping.

In defence situation you stand with your racket leg back on court. So you hardly get any smashs to your backhand. Your feet should be more parallel and this stand should facing the direction where the shuttle is. I got the impression that you must work on many things.

I also have seen some bad tactical things. Nearly every low serve is lifted. No netplay, no blocks etc.

You should avoid to play a crosscourt dropshot from your forehand side. Often your opponent pushes it longline into your backhand. The frontplayer is in trouble and you ,too.

19. murthy054

murthy054 Regular Member

software
    Thank you so much for the suggestions. Appreciate it. Will work on them.

20. alfie11

alfie11 Regular Member

employee
    if anyone wants to see my stupid play, you can search youtube channel : alfie satriawan.

thank you...:D