Yonex Voltric 70 E-tune

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by badliker, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Miyuki Maeda

2. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

But do they have any parts on their rackets...?

3. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Miyuki Maeda at WC2014 was using it, has NO parts. Not that *surprised* since she was using a VT70 before the switch.

youtu.be-43GPK_lBQpQ.jpg

Ratchanok seems to be using all 4 orange grommets, I did a quick screengrab:

youtu.be-aAJL0uDRklA.jpg

Pardon for the quick 5minute post: did it in a hurry :eek:

4. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

RI was using VT70 e-tune before switching to ZFII, AFAIK.

I'm using VT70 now and feel that it's a great racket for me. I'm wondering whether I should upgrade to E-Tune.

5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

She was using Arc10, then Arc-FB. Or rather, "arc-fb" 3ug5, then ZF2, then VT70ETN.

6. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I was just wondering how many REVIEWS can you get out of this vt70et?

1 review purely on the racket WITHOUT any of those orange/purple grommet.

1 review for the racket + orange grommet at 10 & 2 o'clock

1 review for the racket + orange grommet at 5 & 7 o'clock

1 review for the racket + orange grommet all attached on 4 sides

Another 3 reviews of point #2,3,4 above but with purple grommets

Another 9 reviews of point #2,3,4 above but with combination of both orange+purple grommets.

And possibly more combination would come up once Yonex R&D decides to release red, green, blue, pink, black, brown, yellow grommets.

7. ronny108

ronny108 Regular Member

Fix all4 Orange ,seems heavy , defense is weak , Thinking to remove 4 orange

8. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    So fancy grommets aside, is there any difference in spec between the standard VT70 and the Etune version?

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Bahahaha! You just took an axe to Yonex's best marketing evar!

10. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    It's a legitimate question, mainly for those less cynical than myself.

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

AKA "everybody":).

12. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I have a very effective BS detector.

13. zewill

zewill Regular Member

Student
    aaaand you need to restring. The grommets was a good idea. The fact that you need to restring to do it is stupid. I'm sure they could have found a solution to anchor weights safely without strings holding them but decided that why should they do that if people would buy more strings... :rolleyes:

Im happy with my VT70.. Still have a backup, it's a shame its disappearing from stores

14. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

Hi, just wondering who can give a side by side comparison between vt70 etune 4u with all parts attached and the vtzf ltd 4u? I am now using vtzf ltd 4u n play doubles only, it is good in power, very solid feel n quite maneuverable, but i still cant fully utilize the xtra stiff shaft for full power. I wonder 4u vt70 etune with all parts attached can offer the same level of power, solid feel n maneuverability? Plus which 1 is head heavier?

15. Belgian

Belgian Regular Member

student
    So when the orange parts are attached, it's easier to clear from baseline to baseline than when you use the same racket without parts?

concretemad likes this.
  16. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I have just finished testing this racket and my review will go live by the end of the week.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

17. bb654456

bb654456 New Member

I've got a VT70 ETN months ago, haven't play a lot of time because I'm a high school stu in China and facing the firece college entrence exams^_^.

I got the racket first time WITHOUT any orange part and NBG99 24/26 lbs. I used to use a newpaint arc7 with the same string and tension. Although it's head-heavy, but I was surprise that it could be even faster and easier than arc7 when I first swing. But I didn't get used to the feeling of NBG99 on this racket. The smashing was too weak and seemed like the power can't transform to the shuttle.(well i'm not a smasher, more like controlling instead of smashing, partly due to the weak power on arc7)

And I just played it two times and restring it(cus we only have two PE classes a week, it's unbelieveable in other school, for the students who are going to take the exams too this summer, lol). This time I change to NBG 95 which is recommended by the japanese website for hard-hitter, and lower tension to 22/24, with all orange parts on.

Just after stringing, when my stringer pass the racket to me, he surprisingly said, wow it's now much head-heavier. And my feeling is the same as his.

On the court, my first hitting sound was extraordinary sharp, but just for the very very first hit. With NBG95 and all oranges on, the racket become much powerful(compare to previous one with 99 and no orange part). I play double most of time because there is no enough courts to play with so many people. But I play single too when possible.

I used to play forecourt with my arc 7, but now I prefer to play backcourt with vt70, not only for its power but for its weight. With all oranges on, its maneuverability become worse, and it could be tired to play double. Probably I'm not strong enough. The control is well but extra effort it needed compared to arc 7.

Next time I will try only lower part on with the same string and tension, but it may be a long time beacuse the summer's……:crying:

18. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi,

Have anyone try the Voltric 70 etune with the bottom orange grommets on only. what is the outcome?

or the top orange grommets on only, what is the real experience

as compare with either the old Vt70 or VT70 etune with all four orange grommets.

Please share

Thanks

19. DarkArcher

DarkArcher Regular Member

[MENTION=33136]Skanbuzz[/MENTION]: I have tried the etune with just the bottom grommets and it feels more head light than my old VT70. However, when I weighed the racquets, both actually have almost the same overall weight with the etune being ~1g heavier.

I play doubles most of the time, so I prefer a faster swinging racquet and have no plans to try 4 grommets. I would think that having all the grommets on would make the etune the most similar to the old VT70 in terms of head heaviness.

20. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi DarkArcher,

Thank you for the feedback
    Any others who might have experience or experiment, please share

The VT70 etune is suppose to be the same as VT70 with improved T joint and the option to add weight if Orange grommets and Purple grommet added.
    I am a little disappointed to hear that if adding the 4 orange grommets on will only make the VT70 Etune similar to VT70.

Thanks