Yonex Voltric 70 E-tune

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by badliker, Aug 6, 2014.

1. djlightscene

djlightscene Regular Member

Have tried two configurations only. One is with the all the orange parts, and it was disappointing. With this configuration, the old VT70 was much better. Just after 2 weeks, I was able to to get the purple parts and it was an improvement. Have installed all the purple parts and I felt that the power and precision increased. I think its just a little improvement over the old VT70. To summarize my preference VT70ET(purple parts)>VT70>VT70ET(orange parts). I use 4U for mixed doubles. I wouldn't mind getting the original VT70 over the E-tune should I be buying one again. Its just that the VT70 is being phased out in most shops.

2. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi djlihtscene,

Thank for the feedback
    May I know when you put: VT70ET(purple parts)>VT70>VT70ET(orange parts)
    what do you mean and how you rate these ( I mean based on what is better) it is the feel?, the power? the stability of the head? or attacking or defence?

I am trying the VT70 etune but wished to know what is the orange grommet do best or which configuration do better on what

Thanks

3. DarkArcher

DarkArcher Regular Member

[MENTION=33136]Skanbuzz[/MENTION]: What would your preference be in terms of head heaviness/balance? Is the old VT70 too head heavy/just right for you etc.?

4. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi DarkArcher,
    The vt70 old version play well but it is going out of production so will need a replacement soon
    Used for playing single and double

Also want a slightly more weight on the head so to give more power when smashing if possible but do not know whether 4 orange grommets or 2 orange at top or 2 orange at bottom, hence seeking others experience to see what is the general opinion. I also do not wish to sacrify defence since need quick racket manouvibility.

Most greatful if others can share their experience and opinion.
    I have not even look into the purple grommets at this stage.

5. djlightscene

djlightscene Regular Member

All orange parts installed:
    - power is there but for me its too heavy. The accuracy of my shots suffered. Defense wasnt that good either. I feel the weight of the head too much. I feel like im dragging the racket, which is bad for defense. This causes delay in making adjustments. For me, its not worth the additional power with the loss on the quickness for defense.

Purple parts installed:
    - power was reduced but not significantly. It is still adequate. Also defense and the accuracy of my shots were better. Also the feel improved. IMHO, it might be because the purple parts are more aero dynamic. Thats just my guess since i dont feel the drag too much compared with the orange parts.

What I meant with this was
    VT70ET(purple parts)>VT70>VT70ET(orange parts)

Lets say there are 3 different rackets, VT70 orange, Original VT70 and VT70 purple.
    I would rather choose the VT70 original over the VT70 orange since the Original is better in all aspects. But for me, the Purple VT70 IS JUST a slight improvement over the original. Well just my opinion. ☺

stcw219tan and Kaibil2266 like this.
  6. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

how does the vt70 ETN without any parts installed compare with the original vt70??

7. Belgian

Belgian Regular Member

student
    Anymore reviews about the different options? Without parts, with only lower orange parts, only upper orange parts?

8. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    Apparently, people love vt80 etune more than this one :)
    I tried the 3u with all purple attached.
    It is quite heavy, and my defence suffered a bit as i could not defend well.
    Smash is good, a bit better i guess than my onigiri.
    Not recommended if you intend to play drives and flat exchanges.
    One should note that my go to racket is 4u, so a 3u head heavy racket is heavy for me :)

9. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi you play with Onigiri too? that is Victor racket
    which Victor racket is similar ro the VT 70 etune 4U5G or similar spec

10. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    I just borrowed vt70 etune from a friend of mine for roughly 1 hour.
    So it might be wrong asking this to me :)
    I never try vt70 etune 4u. So, I am sorry I can not comment on that.
    But for VT70, I think onigiri is really close in terms of stiffness.
    vt70 etune felt a bit flexier than onigiri when I tried.

11. ronny108

ronny108 Regular Member

LOL it seems the ETUNE thing cause more headache than good.

12. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    Probably vt70 etune 4u is better than 3u.

13. Soulsplit

Soulsplit New Member

How's the racket like without the parts? Is it same as the original Voltric 70? Also does it have the same flex as the Voltric 70?

14. angry birdie

angry birdie New Member

Hi,
    my wife playes a Voltric 70 e-tune 4u (without any parts) strugged with NBG99 @~23x25 lbs.
    She likes the racket, but she got some problems with her arm/shoulder, maybe caused by vibrations.
    I have played her racket too and it feels realy strange, it damps a lot of energy, but combined with strong vibrations.
    Do you think adding parts (orange or violett) could have a positive effect to this racket, in case of vibrations?

I 'm goning to change the string to BG65 @ 22x24 - I hope a softer string causes less vibrations...
    The questions is:
    When i restring the racked - which parts should i add?

15. izali

izali Regular Member

I play voltric 70 etune 4u without any parts too with 22lb (10kg) and dont feel any strange vibration. I mean if you hit the frame it vibrates of course but normally no vibration.

What do you mean with "damps a lot of energy"? You can't get any power with the racket? For me the power's good. It's a bit slow in defense but still acceptable.

I have both orange and violett parts and dont see any different between them, except that they cause the racket slower/heavier. I can feel the extra weight quite clear.

16. angry birdie

angry birdie New Member

At first, sorry for my bad english an thank you for the response.
    I mean vibrations from a normal hit (not a frame hit) - I have checked the grommets, they are all fine.
    For me there is nearly no difference between a smash with 100% power and a 80% "warm up" smash. So, it's just the wrong racket for me. For my wife it works quite fine in case of power (smash and clears), her defense is also ok.
    I' m going to resting the racket this weekend with 22lb (same as you use it), hope she likes it.
    She has a second vt70et, maybe i spend more time and resting it too. Also 22lb, but with all orange parts.

17. MidCourtMediocrity

MidCourtMediocrity Regular Member

I wonder what Ratchanok Intanon thinks about the weighted grommets and all. Love my original VT70 but I'd rather not get the e-tune if i ever had to replace it.

18. Kaibil2266

Kaibil2266 New Member

Hi guys i would like to get any info that you may have about Voltric 70 E tune.

#138 Kaibil2266, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  19. Kaibil2266

Kaibil2266 New Member

Hi guys i would like to get any info that you may have about Voltric 70E tune. I have both Lin Dan Voltric z force 2 racquets strung at 24x26 with BG 66 UM wich i like but they are both head heavy but too stiff and im looking for a similar racquet (head heavy, 3u or 4u, g4 but stif or medium stif) so a stringer from California recomended me to try Voltric 70E tune he said that it is almost identical to Zforce 2 but more flexible. Any advices and experiences with this racquet will be apreciated before i made any decision to buy new racquet cause im used to used muscle power raquets before but they are gone and Zforce 2 are good racquets but i feel like my smashes are not getting the same power and speed behind.

20. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

VTZF2 is currently the stiffest and head heaviest in its class.
    VT80e is slightly more flexible and less head heavier than zf2 while vt70e come next.
    If you're looking for something that is more flexible and still head heavy, I'll suggest vt70/80.
    But if you want something that is stiff but less heavy, I'll suggest duo10 and arc11. Hope it helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk