right string and tension

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jasantos, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Jasantos

Jasantos New Member

office clerk
    im having hard time of choosing the right string and tension for my new racket, my racket is arcsaber 11 is it ok if the tension is 28?

2. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    should be ok

3. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

The Yonex Arcsaber 11 recommended max tension is 25 lbs only.
    What is the string tension you normally play with and which string model?

4. Jasantos

Jasantos New Member

office clerk
    they told me that Carlton string is ok, I'm not sure about that, but because I'm a beginner i choose that string. Can you help me about this because I'm having hard time and since i have still time to change the string of my racket can you tell me what is the right string and brand for my racket? thanks..

5. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    You say you're a beginner, 28lbs is likely to be too high in my opinion.

It's very hard to recommend what the "right" string and tension is though. Try some out and find your favourite.

6. Kaiyo

Kaiyo Regular Member

Since you are a beginner, you could try Yonex BG65 @ 20~22lbs. This will give you durability and a little power for clearing since you will most likely be practising clears first. When I started learning, my coach told me to use BG65 @ 20lbs and i gradually progressed from there. 28lbs is far too high, especially for plastic shuttles, and you will most likely suffer from injuries.

visor and bdmtfreak like this.
  7. Jasantos

Jasantos New Member

office clerk
    actually you are right I'm practicing clears first and i think starting to lower lbs like 20 or 22lbs will help me. thanks for the comment it helps me a lot.

8. Nor Faizal

Nor Faizal Regular Member

I read viktor axelsen's arc 11 racket was string at 34 lbs. is he using customised arc 11?

9. bdmtfreak

bdmtfreak Regular Member

All professionals use a customized racket that regular people will not be able to buy. These rackets are made to their liking. (eg. smaller grip, heavier head, stiffer shaft etc...) And since he is sponsored it doesn't matter if the racket breaks anyways as he can just get a new one.

I agree with Kaiyo, since you are a beginner you shouldn't even be using 28lb as that is quite a high tension. BG65 is a durable string and is good for beginners as they are still improving their technique. 20lbs would be a good place to start. As you get better you can consider increasing the tension or changing to a different string. BG80 is a popular one I think most people would like.

10. Nor Faizal

I dont mind breaking my racket either. Good answer btw. Where you get the resources to ascertain your statement regarding the customised racket for professional players. Would like to read it. Thanks.

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Yonex Arcsaber 10 & 11 are unable to string above 25 & 26 due to the materials made in the racket.

According to my stringer Chris, he told me if u string above 26 , you can only use and restring up to 3 times,, by the 4th time the racket is gone. he advise me to buy the Yonex 5-6 Hole U-Grommets AC416W-1, to protect the bottom flame of the racket..

So i listened to his advise to buy it. Yesterday i bought Arcsaber 10 Taufik at a price of $170.

12. Nor Faizal

this is the kind of information that we like to know.

13. Ytzeluttik

Ytzeluttik New Member

I have 7 Arcsaber 10, played with them for over 3 years with 30 lbs tension. Never had any problems

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

14. swunk

swunk Regular Member

that's complete bollocks
    i know a lot of professional players personally, they receive standard yonex rackets and string themselves at 32-36 pounds. They usually restring a racket once a week or sometimes even more often. I myself have my rackets strung at 30lbs with bg80 or bg65, including several duora10, arc11, nanoray glanz (4u), tk9000 (4u), li-ning n9, n50iii. they are all completely fine.

for beginners playing with feather i would recommend bg80 or bg65 at around 24 lbs, playing with plastic - at aroung 22.

15. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

16. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    28lb is fine if you are already used to the high tension. Find a good stringer. Very important

I strung my Arc10th at 27lbs before. If the stringer has experience in stringing at your preferred tension, it shouldn't be a problem.