Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Some few questions:
    KRP means Korean Player (edition). What does MYP mean?
    Is the KRP edition 4U? According the low weight measure published here I guess it is? Usually KRP means 2U...? (For example: BS12 KRP = BS12 2U)

Is the frame smaller than usual frames? Does this mean it's head frame is as small as the one from VTZF or even worse as ARC-ZS?

Would you recommend rather 4U or 3U?

(I have MX-JJS in 3U and in a massive light 4U... There are world differences between two. The 4U one I own must be on the very low 4U *lol* It feels like a 5U and I got a massive quicker swing and less powerful smashes...)

#2021 Accordaz, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    MYP refers to Malaysian Player. KRPs for the JS10 are 3U but on the light end.

BS12 KRPs are 3U in general AFAIK and the several copies I've had over the last couple of years have never come close to 2U in weight measurements.

The frame heads are as small as the ZF II instead of the ZF and ZS.

3. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks for reply, Ch1k0.
    Where do you buy KRP or MYP-rackets? Usually the online shops show 3U or 4U only.
    (Do you want to say that ZF1's head frame is even smaller than the ZF2's head frame?)

#2023 Accordaz, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Usually I go for KRPs. But for the JS10 I could only get the MYP reliably at that moment so I went for it. No regrets though. They customised it with the usual longer handle of the other JS high end rackets which I very much prefer.

The ZF II head is smaller than the ZF I iirc.

5. type R jai

type R jai Regular Member

Just a little update. I got my racket from the Facebook trader hi badminton online. Good service. answers messages quickly but I did get stung by customs

racket is genuine with code MYE2P00549

The best bit.

my own measurements

dry weight with plastic 92g
    head weight without string 42g
    balance point 303mm

it's with my stringer now. Black bg66um to 26lb

can't wait to play with it

6. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

dayum mine was only 299mm looks like you got a beefy one

7. type R jai

I guess that could be 1-2mm higher with plastic removed but I'm thinking of leaving it on and using a overgrip.

I don't wonder what's inside the handle ?

8. type R jai

Update...

Had this racket strung to 26lb with Yonex 66UM.

Wet figures, racket, string, plastic intact, overgrip.

Weight 100g
    B.P Exactly 300mm. Could be little higher with thicker string plastic removed
    Head weight 44g

Feel. I dont know how to explain this but for some reason the racket feels very light when held. Although weight suggests overwise. Friends who use Yonex FB and Lightfighters could not believe it weighed in at 100g. You can also feel the weight in the head. Swinging showed the racket is agile, fast and had weight in the head. Its characteristics seemed to be a mix of head heavy, even balance and head light.

I had 2 hours with this racket on sunday. As practice swings showed the frame is very fast. This is comparison to my usual head heavy rackets ( TK6000, TK9000, AT700, ZFii LD ).

I had timing issues at the start due to speed of the frame. When stroking the frame was too fast.The bird hitting the top of the smaller head. Once i started to play a few matches it felt good. Every few shots i was caught out by the speed of the frame. I had to ever so slightly swing later and later until by the end of the session i was hitting the sweet spot consistently.

Power is there. But its not as accessible as my other rackets. When you catch the bird right the bird does go with zing. But the shaft is very very stiff. More so then any racket in collection. So when under pressure or when the swing isnt quite right i found the shot lacking in power.

The trade off for me me was how agile the racket is at the net and in defence where my other rackets lacked ( i was willing to trade defence for power with my other rackets ).

I got this racket out of curiosity, will i keep it ? Yes, it seems to have everything and is a brilliant all rounder. It does everything so well. Like i said earlier for some reason it shows attributes of different racket types depending on situation/swing

I cant compare this to the 4u or even the 3u KRP. There is mention within this thread the 4U is head heavier and more flexible but if you considering the 3U MYP make sure you can handle a stiff stiff shaft.

This racket has jumped straight to the top as my go to now. Its made me want to improve my technique. I will say this racket will not suit lots of players but those that can access its potential will find its a brilliant brilliant all rounder that does everything so so well.

It also looks great with black string and a turqouise over grip. But Not quite as nice TK9000.

Thats me done now. I am more then happy to stick with this JS10 3u MYP. This year alone i got the TK6000, TK9000, ZFii LD.

#2028 type R jai, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  9. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

I got the same feeling too such that it feels faster and lighter than expected despite the heavy weight specs. I believe that's as a result of the aerodynamic frame shape rather than the typical box shape found in power racquets. However it does feel less powerful than other power racquets in the same weight range.

I also have a TK9900 MYP, which is actually Lighter and less head heavy than my JS10 MYP, but heavier than my JS10 KRP and Js10 4u. I added lead tape to both my JS10 KRP and Js10 4u to match the weight of my TK9900 MYP in order to make a comparison. Both JS10 are significant faster and more maneuverable. However the TK9900 is noticeably more powerful, but feels more sluggish.

#2029 jsunsun, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  10. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

A TK9900 MYP? May i know where you got that from?

11. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I glad you like the 3u MYP version, it was a little too stiff and heavy for my tastes. If you can try a 3u KRP I would recommend it because it felt really good to me. Just a shame they are so hard to find.

BG80 sky blue string looks really good in JS10 and TK9000 with white or light blue grip.

12. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

I got it from a forum member here

13. dream01

dream01 Regular Member

i have js10 MYP code,next want try KRP

14. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I've used KRP version. It's considerably better than 4U version we have in Europe. Sadly they are very hard to find. I had to return mine so unfortunately cannot advise where to buy from.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

15. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    I'm a little confused here. :confused:
    I thought the JS10 was suppose to be even balance and stiff.
    But reading this thread I kind of get the feelong that it is head heavy and very stiff...
    Can anyone enlighten me on what the actual specs are for the JS10?

16. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    I think the confusion is arising because people are talking about 3 different versions of the racket.

The standard off the shelf racket - which is 4U and the specs generally associated with the JS10 - and the Korean and Malaysian player versions of the racket - which (I believe) are 3U, stiffer and head heavier than the standard racket.

17. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Only better if you like more HH. I had one, and sold it as way prefer the off the shelf 4U as it suits me much better as I tend to take the front court in MD and find the 4U Lightning around the net.

As I always say 'better' is very subjective

18. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Thanks for the clarification. :)

19. type R jai

[WE=Nauroa;2395440]I'm a little confused here. :confused:
    I thought the JS10 was suppose to be even balance and stiff.
    But reading this thread I kind of get the feelong that it is head heavy and very stiff...
    Can anyone enlighten me on what the actual specs are for the JS10?[/QUOTE]

Well the shaft says it's head light believe it or not. too be honest i wouldn't be happy investing in this racket if head light is what i was after as evidence of is thread the js10 HH and the 4u although lighter its B.P are 305+mm.

20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Well what I personally think about this is that despite the measurements we get here. Them labelling it head light actually isn't very erroneous. Even in 4U with a 300mm bp I thought it really did feel head light but didn't play like one at all. The kind of power this thing can put out is nothing a traditional head light could do.