NEW: Ashaway's ZyMax XS String Line-Up for 2015!

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by DinkAlot, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

How is durability of the Zymax 62 Fire in comparison to BG80?
    My newly strung LN N55 with the orange ZM62F looks very nice :D Can't wait to play with it. Hopefully it will last longer. But I guess the thinner the string the less forgiving it is when you totally mishit a shuttle :/

2. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

Recommended Tensions...

A bit of background information, I've been using 66f for awhile now (love it) and just finished my first reel. I've been feeling pretty comfortable @ 25lbs (24 main, 26 cross) + 10% prestretch (wise 2086 on gamma 602fc). I'm usually playing feather and tend to play with slightly head heavy medium flex 4u racquets.

My questions are this,

1) I have a package of 66 fire power, should I change tension for this string?
    2) I also have a reel of 62 fire, do I modify my tension when going to a thinner string?

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    1lb less for 62 fire for me. I expect both variants of 66 would need same tension but I've not tried 66fp yet.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

1 lb less for 62F will be right.

5. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

Thanks visor and DuckFeet. I'm going to try 23/25 then and maybe even 22/24 as I'm wanting to experiment with something a little less tight

On a sad note, I just pulled my Adidas Adipower Pro out of my bag only to realise it is broken :( I remember playing with it a few weeks ago and thinking, this doesn't feel right but a quick look at it and it looked fine and the quick palm strike to listen for any odd sounds also sounded fine :(

6. knielsen

knielsen Regular Member

I have gotten the chance to buy Zymax 66 Fire & Zymax 62 Fire at limited stock at quite a bit better prices than goodesports sells them for.

I would be willing to simply pick up a few reels and sell them to ppl in here for no profit..

The price i will get them at is €100 (Which is £71), the price would naturally be + shipping from Denmark.

*EDIT*

Just got word, that the regular Zymax series (65, 67, 70) is available aswell for €90 which is also a great price!

#846 knielsen, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  7. someone

someone Regular Member

I have been playing with Lining NS70 for years (tried NS30 found it too hard, NS95 quite okay but like NS70 more). I like it more than any Yonex i've tried (and Zymax 62 which i don't really like it). But I can't find them easily now and i want to try something else.

Anyone play with Lining string before? From my track record should i try Zymax 66 Fire first? or Zymax 66 Fire Power or 62 Fire will likely fit me better?

#847 someone, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  8. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Found the Orange Zymax 66 Fire Power as low as €60, so I gotta try that out now. :)

9. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    Finally got my reel of ZM62 Fire. I can't wait so I'm cutting the still somewhat fresh NBG99 on one of my BS12s. Will find out tonight how it feels. :D :D feels like Christmas.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

That's the great thing about trying out new strings... for less than $20 (the cost of string and labour), you (hopefully) get more power and feel from your current racket. :)

11. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    Strung it at 30/32, played with feathers and I'm a big fan now. Everything felt really good, the control was excellent. With plastics everything sucked. So I think I'll keep one racquet with NBG99 25/27 or 26/28 just for plastics (until I run out of NBG99). ZM62F is going to be my go to string from now on. Also, the ZM62F seems to slide around as much as NBG99.

12. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    Yeah. Since I string for myself, I can be more willful in my string changes. I just hope the flavour of the ZM62F doesn't go stale as fast as NBG99. But if the ZM62 is any indication, :D

13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Actually I switched from BG80 @30/32 to ZM62 MK130/31 and I'm impressed. Actually I can get a decent deal for the Fire range. Can't decide between 62Fire and 66Fire. Any suggestions?

14. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    I normally use BG80 but have just had my rackets strung with 66Fire. I was very pleased. Felt like I got more power and durability didn't seem to suffer. Only strung @25 though.

15. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Had a hit with the 66 Fire Power this morning - really nice string - great feel and repulsion. Was really getting used to and and thought id found a replacement from the BG80 - sadly the string went after just an hour and half play :(

Strung at 26 x 28 on a JS10 so should have been able to handle that tension!

16. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    especially with your girly arms :)

17. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    It does feel great! I just strung mine 26 x 28 on my BRS LYDS IT feels pretty rough but not as rough as bg 80? & also tried Zymax 62 25x27 way too tight LOL...

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Don't think BG80 has any replacement, not even close. It's hard feel has no equal.

19. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

For ZM62 thinner gauge, string it 2 lbs lower than the 66FP to get similar feel to the .66mm gauge.

20. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I wasn't so impressed with 66fp. But that was in direct comparison to 62f. So it could only describe it as OK.