Victor meteor x60 or meteor x jjs ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bear23, Nov 12, 2015.

1. bear23

bear23 Regular Member

Hi, i am new here and actually i am new to the badminton! I been play badminton for ard one to two month and i really love badminton alot which i shud start play younger huhu, ok well go in to the main topic, recently i just try out my friend meteor x1000 and i fall in love with this meteor racket,so i decide to buy myself a victor meteor series racket,anyone can suggest me x60 or x jjs better? And anyone know the price in RM now for both racket? Hope someone can help thx

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    No JJS for you. You are a fresh beginner and JJS will be too stiff for you. Maybe MX60, but if you fall in love with X1000, why don't you buy it? As a beginner you will clash often in doubles. Even with experienced and decent players. Go for a cheaper one and maybe after 2-3 years you can go for an expensive one.

3. bear23

bear23 Regular Member

Hehe thx for the reply, well i guess i shud just get a x 1000 then,anyway anyone know the price for meteorx60?

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Definitely agree with this. I have the JJS and it is not beginner friendly. It's not really friendly at all! You have to have good technique and be relentless with it. It is a great racket, though.

mx60 is a great racket, but unfortunately not manufactured any more, so the price is whatever someone sells for. In UK it retailed about £100-£110. You missed a heck of a deal I gave @DuckFeet for one, but I'm not selling my last one! :D

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO after 4-8 weeks it's worthless to go for an expensive racket. You don't know what you like or benefit from. A 40USD graphite racket is atm enough. Anything more is not necessary. After 1-2 years you will know in which direction you game will develop.
    I made the experience that fresh beginners often clash during doubles. A waste oft money. If you play only singles you can look for a high end racket, but for doubles I would be very careful. The MX1000 is actually at 260RM available. IMO a good choice.

6. bear23

bear23 Regular Member

Omg i nvr know mx60 is not manufactured anymore i saw many nice review about this racket tot want to have one huhu,if like that i will definately go for meteor x 1000 and train my skill up! Thx alot everyone for the suggestion

7. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Me too, definitely agreed with this. No JJS for you coz too stiff and you should try either MX60 or MX90 if you like Meteor series. Otherwise you can try TK5000, TK6000 or TK Onigiri, these are user friendly rackets and medium stiffness shaft suitable for beginner to intermediate level.

For MX60 you still able to buy from retailer store despite it had discontinued the production, meanwhile for other models mentioned above, it's new (year 2013 to 2015 models) and available at local Victor retailer store.

8. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    For MX60, MX90 please get a 3U version coz 4U are lack of power.

9. bear23

bear23 Regular Member

Well i found one mx60 and the price is rm480 is it worth to grab and keep it? Coz i worried i cant find it in the future since its not manufacture anymore @@ anyway another side question lets say i buy the racket and use it after few years,will the racket become not good? Lol

10. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    RM480 is slightly cheaper compared to retails price but again make sure is 3U and either MY or SG coded Victor racket.

As for racket become not good in the long run after few years, unless you clashed the racket with your partner's racket, the racket broken, worn out grommets, you keep your racket in hot temperature room or car boot and other reasons that can damage the racket, if not usually it can last quite long.

As per my experience, after few years I will found another "new" racket as my "new" favorite.

11. Orangie

Orangie Regular Member

I tot only singaporeans kiaSu:rolleyes:
    Seriously, there will be other "better" model down the road.
    Why limit to just the MX series? There are other series such as TK ,JS and BS etc.

IMO its just another evil empire sales tactics. They get some reviewers to help push the sales and production to the roof. Once the production exceeds the sales, they will announce end of line. Hopefully to create some madness to grab the last batch to push up sales again and maybe run production again.

I won't encourge buying a racket to keep. Its just not money well spent. If you buy the racket, just use it. If keep it for years, maybe something unfortunate may happen to it like a truck ran over it. :D

I have MX80, MXJJS and MX60. Among the 3, MX60 is easiest to use. Vibrations from hits felt being absorbed by MX60 more than the other 2. It is much easier to swing the racket around too. However my goto now are JJS and BS11 after giving a rest to my zf1. MX80 tops my list before zf1.

Anyway, there are many options from *others that are similiar in feel and play. That could be a much cheaper option for someone who just fell madly in love with badminton.

Good luck in your choice of racket. May the cure of the "buying virus" be found.

12. bear23

bear23 Regular Member

Hahaha oh man that was the same thing the racket seller told me last time,dont fall into the buying virus and u will start and buy and buy and buy hahaha

13. bear23

bear23 Regular Member

Is that anyway to found out its my or sg code? Or the series number will have my infront? So is that mean if the stock is from china better dont buy it? N why o...

14. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    You can find the racket coding engraved on the shaft, for more info see below link.

http://sg.victorsport.com/product_content_694.html

Sales/Distribution countries coding (Asia), see first 2 alphabets, for example:
    SG = Singapore
    MY = Malaysia
    JP = Japan
    KR = Korea
    TW = Taiwan
    CN = China

BS12 shaft.jpg

Main reason about "better not to buy CN & TW coded victor racket" are due to more counterfeit Victor rackets are CN & TW coded, especially from non-Official Victor distributor retailers and from resale market.

15. bear23

bear23 Regular Member

Oh man thx bro this really help me a lot in term of chosing genuine racket in the future ! Thx so much

16. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    You're welcome bro :D

17. Barca

Barca Regular Member

RM480 is over-priced. I got mine for RM350. Paid for it for more than 6 months but only collected the racket 2 months ago. I am not sure whether the shop has sold every piece.

What the rest told you are so true. JJS is not meant for beginner. Even for intermediate players, it is not too 'user-friendly'. MX60 is definitely more suitable for you if you must choose Meteor series.

18. bear23

bear23 Regular Member

Lol how come paid for half year and receive item so late? Where did u purchse from?

19. bear23

bear23 Regular Member

How come take so long to receive ur order ? Lol.. Where did u ordered from anyway.

20. Barca

Barca Regular Member

Not the seller's fault. I was too busy and couldn't pick up the racket earlier. You can try Hi Badminton Facebook. Hopefully they still have MX60.