Saina Nehwal : साइना नेहवाल

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Jan 14, 2013.

1. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    i think a fully fit saina will beat RI on a given day. .she needs to chalk out a good game plan to play against marin and shixian. .and is she needs to win over li xuerui, she really needs to develop more deception, good trick shots and steep smashes or half smashes because li xuerui is too good when she is good.

2. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    100% agreed.. both women and men taken into consideration..

3. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    100% agreed.. both women and men taken into consideration..

4. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    Sheer hard work & determination has taken Saina to the top of Badminton and as rightly said she is one of the consistent Indian & International player which is reflected in her rankings. Hope she can maintain her fitness & form till the Olympics and for many more years to come. Go Saina Go ...

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I disagree that she is on good form. She has had a good run, but in the wider context for the recent period, her form hasn't been that great. But it doesn't need to be great.

To be honest, the losses are not really that important so long as she gets to semifinals because it is the Olympics that matter. With every loss, she and her coach learn a little bit more, do adjustments here and there in planning the build up to their ultimate goal. Getting to semifinals maintains her match fitness and mentality.

6. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    When I said Saina is in the best form it is substantiated with her five finals appearance in one year (2015) and that is the best she has achieved in her whole career. Saina has never reached the finals so many nos of time in a single year which by itself is an indication that she is in the best form of her whole career. She might have lost to CM, LX & RI but she can take a cue from those defeats and go on to win the Olympics gold which is very much within her reach. Go Saina Go.. You can do it...

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I see. I was referring to a more recent time frame of 1 to 2 months. The first half of the year is gone and history.

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
  10. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Sorry . Actually, my area is completely inundated. No power, water supply etc . Just now, i got my internet connection working. Floods started receding. But still it is raining. Really, it was like emergency situation.

I am back again.

11. Airos

Airos Regular Member

OK Saina is out of SSF.
    Disappointed, but understandble as she was probably not 100%.

I will however point out 2 things I noticed.
    - She doesn't bend her knees much. She should- it will help her movement.
    - She is too impatient.
    1 smash will very rarely win it. build up advantage point by point and then go for the win.

12. Baddyforall

http://http://www.indiawest.com/entertainment/bollywood/amole-gupte-to-helm-biopic-on-badminton-champion-saina-nehwal/article_241361d8-a5e8-11e5-a222-0bf2e02e334c.html

Amole Gupte to Helm Biopic on Badminton Champion Saina Nehwal

After Milkha Singh, Mary Kom, M.S. Dhoni and Mahavir Singh Phogat, yet another sportsperson, Indian badminton champion Saina Nehwal, will be honored with a biopic. Mumbai-based Front Foot Pictures Pvt. Ltd. has acquired the rights to make the film that will be written and directed by Amole Gupte.

Front Foot director Sujay Jairaj and his team, with Gupte, recently met Nehwal and her family in Hyderabad for nearly three hours. Said Gupte, “It was like meeting a goddess, and her family is so excited about the biopic. This film is going to trace Saina’s journey on her way to the top of the sports pyramid.”

Gupte raves about the Nehwal family. “What gracious hosts the Nehwals are!” he said. “The hand that rocked Saina’s cradle fed us hot parathas, sabzi and dahi, the flavor of which I have carried all the way back to Mumbai.”

He added, “How many times have we encountered either a male or a female Indian get prime ranking in a world sport? That makes this film different, doesn’t it? It’s a story of a tigress beti who has set fire to the badminton court with her prowess like no one else before. The nation needs to know the story of this icon for the young and the old for a long time to come,” he added.

saina_biopic.jpg

13. knuckleheadache

knuckleheadache Regular Member

Student
    https://sportscafe.in/articles/badm...a-fan-s-plea-to-india-s-badminton-authorities

A Saina fan's plea to India's badminton authorities

This guy is pretty emotional and frustrated after what PBL authorities have done with Saina. That shocking defeat in the semi-finals against Mumbai Rockets. Seriously, a disaster performance by Saina. Felt pretty bad for her. This guy really covers up some really good points. Do give it a read!

14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Why was an injured player forced to participate in an unofficial inconsequential domestic exhibition tournament in an Olympic year?

15. knuckleheadache

knuckleheadache Regular Member

Student
    Exactly the point of the guy who wrote the letter above. Olympic hopes were sacrificed cause of all this mockery to make more money?

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

17. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    Saina Nehwal has been awrded Padma Bhushan award by the Indian Govt. Padma Bhushan award is the third highest civilian award in India. Congrats to Saina Nehwal and wish her all the very best for her future.

18. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Oh the Padmas.... I remember getting infractions last year over the Padma controversy.,... Congrats to all the deserving winners

#998 Fan123, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  19. Baddyforall

Saina is going to skip Badminton Asia championships as well. What's wrong with Saina ! Not yet recovered from injury? Anybody who have insights of Saina's injury can provide data here.

#999 Baddyforall, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  20. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    All hail exhibition events where A team players are forced to play.