Victor Player Coded racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by - иεvvεи٭т -ツ, Dec 2, 2015.

1. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Nice little summary for differentiating the different codes from Victor courtesy of Racquet Force... especially for the JS10 market...

[FONT=&amp]There are always too many discussion and also demand towards players' version rackets in the market. Some pay high money for a player version racquet in fact you might be only paying for just a normal commercial racket.

As we also got increasing amount of inquiries and demand towards Victor so call Players' racquet, we will like to do a little workshop here to help everyone to identify if the Victor racquet you bought is truly a player version or its just another countries' market version.

We are honor enough to string for all Victor sponsored teams for the recent HK Open that ended 2 weeks ago and while doing that we got to touch and see a lot of the sponsored players' rackets and below are some sharing.

Each brand has their own coding system while for Victor as far as we know will be like this:

Lets take Hong Kong for an example:

Victor Rackets are usually coded with HKP /HKF/ HKA/HKJ etc. So if you found your racket in HKP does that mean its Hong Kong Team Player rackets ?? The answer is NO.

So now lets go back to the most popular codes that YOU might want to know....KRP and MYP...do they mean they are Korean Player racket and Malaysian player racket ??? The answer is again NO

Players rackets are in below coding system:

country code (2 letters) +a letter + 1 digit number + "P" + a set of numbers (5 digits)

For example

Lee Yong Dae rackets are KRH8P04590 AND KRA2P00238

LYD.JPG
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Taiwan Players code are TWE2P00189 AND TWE2P00195
    [/FONT] TAIWAN2.JPG

[FONT=&amp]Malaysian Goh V S's racket code is MYC2P00047[/FONT]

GOH.JPG

[FONT=&amp]So PLEASE DO NOT pay high money if people wants to sell you KRP or MYP rackets as they are NOT Players' version rackets.

BE SMART........and tell the people who might be interested to buy KRP or MYP just to think they are the player rackets.....but in fact they are just normal Korean distributors and Malaysian distributors rackets

In conclusion, we just want you all to spend correctly and wisely !!! [/FONT]
    There are always too many discussion and also demand towards players' version rackets in the market. Some pay high money for a player version racquet in fact you might be only paying for just a normal commercial racket.

2. NIMMIN

NIMMIN Regular Member

Sorry, I don't really understand what you are saying. So how is a MYP or KRP not a national player's version racket?

3. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Look at the codes. It's different

4. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    I'm not sure because I didn't write the article, but my guess is that the P is the factory code? If anyone else can provide a definite answer...

5. Kel1122

Kel1122 Regular Member

Manager
    I guess what the article tried to explain was to look out for the alpha numeric combi of the codes. The 'P' on the 5th letter the in codes denotes a player racket, instead of a 'P' on the 3rd letter on the codes.

Eg. KRE2Pxxxxxx is a Korean player racket, whilst

KRP2Exxxxxx is not...

i I may be wrong but this is what I interpret.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Tks. Good to know.

7. speck

speck Regular Member

yes that's what it means. the 3rd letter P may be sequential in factory batches. it does not mean Player code. like MYP1234567 is not msian player code. but MYC2P12345 is a player code racket.

8. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I believe the usual commercial code will be MYP/KRP, followed by 7 digits... no 'P' in between... eg: MYP2138467... hence that's the difference.

9. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Yes, your interpretation is 100% correct and the articles posted by - иεvvεи٭т -ツ did not explain in details, thus created some confusion.

10. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks for sharing. This means (for Victor rackets):
    - Player-Version rackets exist, BUT are not for sale
    - The "P" in the first letters in a serialnumber of a racket does NOT mean it is a Player-Version
    - The "P" between the digit numbers seems to state it is a Player-Version
    - Don't support sellers who try to fool customers with Player-Version rackets

11. speck

speck Regular Member

What TS is saying is that for commercial rackets the coding is in the format 3 letters 7 digits.
    e.g MY(A-Z)1234567 or KR(A-Z)1234567 or TW(A-Z)1234567.

Hence MYP(7digits) or TWP(7digits) or KYP(7digits) are not player code rackets cos the P doesnt mean player code. it is just a sequential letter in production e.g. after MYO the next batch could be MYP.

Player code rackets are in the format
    country code (2 letters) +a letter + 1 digit number + "P" + a set of numbers (5 digits)

There wont be any commercial rackets that has something like KRP2Exxxxxx cos commercial coding is 3 letters 7 digit.

Player code rackets are available for sale by some Victor distributors esp here in Malaysia.

12. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

yeap so those KRP rackets are sold at korea which is the same as other country code non players rackets no diff in terms of frame heaviness or stiffness...

13. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    So does this confirm my racquets are player racquets? All 3 BRS12N I have the following code: KRB1P000##.

At the time I bought my racquets in Taiwan, I had no idea about the player racquets. The shop owner told me they were player racquets, but the real driving force behind my purchase was that the KR_P racquets were cheaper than the normal TW-coded racquets by US$10. So why not? I just wanted something decent that wasn't Yonex. :D So even if these are Korea commercial racquets, I didn't pay extra for them.

alexnd2008 likes this.
  14. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The comments given by Racket Force and shared by иεvvεи٭т -ツ explain it loud and clear. I suspect the cognitive dissonance is clouding some peoples' understanding :rolleyes:

15. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Some called the rackets given to players "player version". There is no proof or saying that because it is given to a player, it is a "version" (that is, different from market rackets). It might be only a special quality control, or even only a way to track the rackets.

16. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    The articles is good but is slightly longer for a simple explanation, the more words will create more confusion. I prefer how Kel1122 explain, simple and objective :D

17. Legoman

Legoman Regular Member

Well at least the piece is useful so i guess doesnt matter how individual wants to present it on the length. Thanks - иεvvεи٭т -ツ for sharing and thanks Kel1122 for the nice summary !! :)

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Simple summary:
    P in 5th position from left means player's racket. None means not.

19. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    This is very intereting - many thanks for the update.

Kind regards

Paul

20. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    It is interesting but I wonder how many so-called player version racquets have ended up being sold commercially?

I guess there must be many hundreds if not thousands.

So, it begs the question, would Victor really make that many racquets for Pros or were they really intended to be sold to the public for other reasons. I am not completely convinced that Victor would make so many say, blue KRP BS12s when only a dozen or so Korean pros have used them.

Lets say 10 Korean pros liked the BS12. They would have been issued their share of BS12s already. But the remaining ones that are sold to the public, lets say collectively around the world, there may be 1000 BS12 KRP in blue sold to the public. Would each pro really need an extra 100 racquets on top of the 20-40 racquets they've already been issued as back up?

Now, my numbers are not verified, I'm just guessing. But I'm probably not proportionally too far off. It just doesn't seem plausible that all the KRP racquets sold/available to the public were actually intended for the Korean pros.

Perhaps, they were were all racquets that were out of spec, so they simply put a "player code" on it and sold them to a select few retailers at a cheaper price.