Help me choose forgiving/easy to use rackets.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by cprcpr, Dec 13, 2015.

1. cprcpr

cprcpr New Member

1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    4 times a week

2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    Mainly play level doubles (intermediate level). Usually front court player when playing tougher apponents with regular partner.
    Just started playing some singles. Mostly play plastic shuttle, but occasionally play feathers.

3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    Mostly performance but I don't want anything overly fragile.

4. How much money do you want to spend?
    No limit, rather spend more as rackets are not too expensive.

Rackets I have tried(in order that i used them):

RKEP XP70 (Started with this racket but sold it for decent price to try new racket)
    Victor TK8000 4U (Got an amazing deal on 2 x BS 12 rackets, sold this one for really good price)
    Voltric Z-Force (Friends racket, tried it but it is very tiring)
    Bravesword 12 3U (Currently go-to racket)
    Jetspeed 10 4U (Friends racket, testing this racket past 3 weeks)
    Victor TK9000 3U (Someone else's racket. Only had a couple rallies with this one. Very good power, not sure if it will be suitable in game)

I haven't had any trouble using any of the rackets listed above. I do like having new toys to play with and try out. I am going to hong kong in a couple months and seeing which rackets I should look at.

The XP70 and TK8000 I liked when I was using them but I have gotten a lot better since I started. Currently switching between the BS12 and JS10. I do like both rackets.

To be honest, I can't really tell the difference between the specs of the rackets in detail (like a lot of the people on this forum). I do feel like JS10 add a bit of punch to my shots and BS12 is a little more forgiving, but both are really good rackets.

What I am looking for in a racket in order of importance:
    1) Easy to use and forgiving (big sweet spot?)
    2) Easy to generate power and more power than BS12 (since i am starting to play singles) but still fast enough for doubles. Willing to try something more head heavy than BS12/JS10.
    3) Not very demanding to use over time (Nothing crazy stiff. Any flexible to mid stiff racket is ok)
    4) Nothing that will be troublesome to get strung or replace special grommets (TK Onigiri, TK9900 etc).

Rackets that interest me:
    Li Ning N50iii 3U(Is this more head heavy, more flexible than BS12 3U??)
    Li Ning N55iii 3U (Is this more head heavy, more stiff, than JS10 4U?)
    TK6000 (Similar to n55iii? only comes in 4u?)
    TK9000 (3U or 4U better?)
    Victor MX60 3U
    Victor HX800 3U

Please comment on the above rackets and any other suggestions are welcome as well. Thanks for your time.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

TK Onigiri, Duora.

3. cprcpr

cprcpr New Member

Thanks for suggestion.
    The TK Onigiri interests me but I am not sure about the special grommets. Don't want anything too troublesome.
    The Duora 10, not too sure what to expect out of this racket. Haven't really looked into this racket, I fear the 2 different sides is too confusing and might mess with the timing/control of shots. Have you tried this racket? What is the difference between the 2 sides?

I am thinking of trying the N50iii to try out something more flexible than BS12 (anyone have any comparison to the BS12? from what I read it is slightly more head heavy and more flexible?).
    And also want a forgiving head heavy racket selection to try (anything flexible to mid stiff that is suitable for fast doubles)

4. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    TK Onigiri. A bit head heavy, fast for flat exchange, easy to defend and nice colour. The grommet will be fine as long as you do not use a really thin string such as aerosonic IMO.

5. Shuttlingus

Shuttlingus Regular Member

Your experience sounds quite similar to mine!

...and so do your racket preferences. :)

I would suggest the humble Arcsaber 11. It is often overlook these days for newer and shinier metal but it's still a proven racket, and very popular world wide. I personally would best describe it as 'encouraging' - it takes nothing away from my game, encourages me to explore new shots, feels neutral and has a lightness to it, but is also the racket with which i have been able to generate the most consistent power in MD. It is also equally as usable in singles.

More left-field options would be the Li Ning N90 III S-Type and the Victor Hypernano X600 - coincidentally the rackets which i've just placed an order for as an xmas present for myself. ;) Let's hope they turn out well...

Regards.

6. Vinman

Vinman Regular Member

Nutritionist

Great post! Tks for sharing!

7. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Yes, Lining N90 III is a good option, fit you needs. It is like a head heavy BS12

8. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Had a swing and warm up with a friend's Li Ning N90 III and agree that the shaft itself (just by bending) is less stiffer than a BS12 and because of its head heavier balance, it will be more whippy than a BS12 during actual play.

Quite liked the feel of it when I swung and held it. For reference, I also use a BS12.

I suspect the Victor TK6000, Victor Onigiri, Li Ning N50-III will be flexier than BS12 during play just based on stiffness and head heavy nature combination but I can't confirm as I have not swung one.

Handled a Li Ning N55-III and it felt much head heavier and stiffer than the Li Ning N90-III.

Hope this helps!

9. cprcpr

cprcpr New Member

Thanks for the suggestions and comparisons. Will have a look when I goto HK in a couple months. If anyone else has any other input it would be much appreciated.

10. plyk86

plyk86 Regular Member

I am really happy whit the Li-Ning N80 i broke my BS 12 and got a good deal on a N80 and i really like it better then the BS 12

11. renbo

renbo Regular Member

In which way it feels better?

12. plyk86

plyk86 Regular Member

For me it fell more solid and i generate a little more power whiteout lacking ind the defence

13. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Thanks. Maybe a little more stiff

14. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Perhaps, aftr the grommet prob has been fixed, the 99oo might b worth considering...

15. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

Would you mind posting your reviews on the Li Ning N90 III S-Type? I am interested in this racket as well and couldn't find any review on this forum. Thanks

16. Shuttlingus

Hi mzheng168 - the S-Type feels light and flexible. It makes defence really effortless and clears are always sailing to the back of the court.

I've gotten power from it but not that sweet connection when you feel that the shuttle has crisply left the string bed, however I've not had that much time with it yet.

The string also moves around quite a bit on the string bed.

Overall I would recommend this racket for effortless defense and consistent attack, however it is not a full on attacking racket as it is quite flexible.

17. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks for the sharing. How flexible is the shaft? Is it more flexible than say ARC7/BS12? I just hope it's more towards "medium" feel. I am trying to decide which one to get among Li Ning N80/N90III/ N90III S-Type. N80 and N90III are probably too head heavy and slow for doubles games so i am leaning towards the N90 III S Type but worry it's too flexible.

18. Shuttlingus

Hi - I would say the shaft is medium-flexible. I haven't got any experience with the rackets you've mentioned so wouldn't be able to comment.

It's a good doubles racket though. Has a light feel and a large sweet spot and is easy to use.

19. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks again Shuttlingus. This may be just the one i am looking for.