Can anyone recommend a good racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lucent, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Lucent

Lucent Regular Member

Student
    1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    About twice a week, 3 hours each so 6 hours per week. I also train whenever I'm not playing, so I'm a bit more serious than the average casual player.
    2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    I think I'm pretty balanced, smashing feels really good but I also love to control in front of the net.
    3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    I would like a durable one since I don't plan on replacing it for at least another 5 years.
    4. How much money do you want to spend?
    Anywhere in the 150-200(CAD) range.

More info:
    I started playing badminton three years ago, on and off. I recently got back into it (6 months ago) and have been semi-serious about it ever since. I currently use a Yonex Isometric 75 MFLT that I got when I started playing.

As for brands, I am kind of biased towards VICTOR and YONEX, but if there are any other good brands I can be open minded. My friends have recommended a VICTOR brave sword or jetspeed, but I would like a few more opinions on this. Thank you.

2. plyk86

plyk86 Regular Member

If you like victor then look at BS 12, jetpeed 10, TK6000. Or maybe look at Li-Ning they have the N80, N55 line, and the N50 line.

3. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

It doesn't really sound like you're looking for anything in a racket in particular, so my recommendation is the super-standard, ArcSaber 11. However, I suggest that you try out some of your friends' rackets to see if you have any additional preferences.

4. Lucent

Lucent Regular Member

Student
    I've considered Li-ning rackets but they're just so expensive for me in Canada. If I can find something in my price range I guess it could work. I tried out my friend's ArcSaber and I like it's weight alot. It's lighter than my current racket so I feel like my maneuvering is a lot better with it. However, this ArcSaber 11 looks really expensive, are there any cheaper alternatives?

5. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Perhaps the ArcSaber 10 or Z-Slash will be in that price range. Some of my friends own the Z-Slash and really like it!

6. vile10

vile10 Regular Member

victor is great choice if you like their stiffness

7. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

I just purchased a Jetspeed 10. Only used it once and I enjoyed it. Not sure the price but it would be close or slightly over your range. Previously playing with tk 9000, also a nice racket, if you prefer more weight in the head. The Victor hypernano x-800 looks awesome too. But seriously, JS 10.