APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

I don't know about the Virtuoso Pro II Robert Blair but I do have both the Virtuoso Pro and Virtuoso Performance and they do not play the same at all. I get much more power from the Virtuoso Performance than I do the Virtuoso Pro. The rackets are totally different despite both having Virtuoso in the name.

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

True... Virtuoso Performance has been great for me

3. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Sorry I've only just seen this!
    The VPii is a very good racket! It is slightly more flexible than my preference but still very good value for money. I haven't had a virtuoso performance recently to compare it against but it seems similar if not slightly stiffer

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Both rackets are good value for money but the virtuoso performance is usually cheaper than the VPii so I would advise to get that one.

5. Vivek@1983

Vivek@1983 Regular Member

Thanks for your advice dave1011 . I have ordered AVP and hopefully excited about it. But AV Pro is almost double the rate of AVP , so have dought about the quality of AVP.

6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I think the AVP is great value for money and you will be surprised by its quality. It takes some people a few sessions to get used to it but I really liked it.

7. Brillopad

Brillopad Regular Member

Student
    I'm a long-time reader of these forums but this is my first post! As a big fan of the AVP, I've recently bought another two >> however, one is 3 or 4mm longer than my old one, in addition to being a slightly darker shade of copper and making a different swing sound (I've not yet had a chance to try it on court and will do so tomorrow). Is it possible that these are all just "standard" variables in the manufacturing process or is it possible that it's a clone/fake? As I gather, most people are sceptical about fake Apacs rackets, given that there's less economical sense in faking one of those rather than a high-end Yonex, but the AVP is one of Apacs' more expensive rackets.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

8. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

I doubt they are fakes however 3-4mm in my opinion is too much of a variance even within production batches. Are these racquets strung or unstrung? If they are unstrung I'd send the odd one back. If they are strung it could also be shorter due to the string job. Check at the T-Joint where the shaft meets the head, do they match up there? If they do it is probably the string job, if they don't it is probably how the handle was attached

9. Brillopad

Brillopad Regular Member

Student
    Many thanks for your reply, xgumbyx! Of the two new ones I've just bought, one is strung and the other unstrung >> it's the strung version that is longer, but comparison of the heads shows no obvious difference so it must be, as you surmised, that it's how the handle has been attached. Will this be an issue, or should they all play the same? If anything, I'd assume the longer one would err towards being head heavier, which would suit me fine.

As an aside, the graphics up the shaft are at different heights on all three of my AVPs, so I'm starting to think that perhaps batch control isn't necessarily of the highest standard at Apacs Central :)

One other question: can anyone suggest rackets that plays similarly to the AVP in terms of its aggressive characteristics? Is there an even head-heavier alternative which is still as agreeable? None of the other Apacs rackets I've tried have been at all similar to the AVP, which has helped my attacking game no end.

10. araz916

araz916 Regular Member

Skill Work
    Bought apacs lethal 15 from apacs Singapore distributor. Not yet play with the racket, found the paints on the frame easily pile off when using finger nail with small pressure on it. Poor quality on the paint job. Feel disappointed.

11. masteratwork

masteratwork New Member

Hi guys,

I’m looking for a new Apacs with these specificities :
    neutral balance or sligthy head heavy, 4U, High Speed Wide frame (or similar) and a little less stiff than the AVP !
    Do you have any ideas for me ?
    I have played with a Slayer 88, a 727 Lethal but not stiff enough for me...
    Thanks

12. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Just placed an order for AVP to replace my broken BS12 finger cross hopefully AVP is at par with BS12.

13. speck

speck Regular Member

in play the avp is not as stiff as the bs12. it's whippier and hence control wise not as accurate.
    but still a nice racket to play with.

14. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Apacs launched so many VTFZ2 clones that are so confusing. I walked into a pro shop last week and found out that Apacs N force, the new N force 111 and the new Z-ziggler have very similar spec and grommet system which mimic VTFZ2. Even the shop owner can't tell me the difference.

The new APACS Blizzard Pro ZZ (Zulfadli Zulkiffli) looks cool in white color, anyone has one and mind to write a review?

#5994 Carbonex_7, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  15. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

How are Apacs cloned rackets compare to the real yonex rackets?

16. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

It's totally a different feel. Clone rackets are only cloned cosmetically but not the spec & feel

17. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

That is true. Only the look is copied. Having said that though, some of the top end apacs rackets which are not clones actually play quite well. (Like the AVP)

18. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Is the Slayer series any good? compare to the Tantrum and Lethal series?

19. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Any reviews on the string slayer66?

20. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I've always wanted to try the slayer series. Slayer 88ii is recently out. Haven't heard much from it though. I've had Tantrum 300 (very good), Tantrum 500 & lethal 100 (shite), AVP (very good but do find it lacking a bit of power), Ziggler lhi edition (very good) . Thinking of getting the N-Force 111 next.