Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. 19stand

19stand Regular Member

Does anyone know what color is the shirt LCW wearing in this photo? It's not pink, and violet.
    [​IMG]

2. thljcl

thljcl Regular Member

It's closest to 'vivid burgundy'. The extact RGB is R:147, G:23, B:60.

3. 19stand

19stand Regular Member

Thank you,

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Magenta.. i think.

5. renbo

renbo Regular Member

good picture there!

6. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
    Pinkenta... DigitalRev

7. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Just saw that LCW has won the most prize money last year, even more than CL. That's amazing considering he hasn't even participated in all of the (big) events.

8. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
  9. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    You were wrong all the money they show that he made in his career so far

10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

now LCW will have some rest until All-England on march...

11. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    LCW does not need GPG for points. He will play all super series and Thomas cup for sure. He needs rest for sure

12. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Latest World Ranking released by BWF as 28th January 2016, Dato Lee Chong Wei is rank #2 behind Chen Long after he captured last week Malaysia Masters.

BWF World Ranking 28th jan'16 MS.PNG

13. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    This is indeed great news, the seeding for All England will be good with the two best players in opposite halves.

14. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Great news and well deserved.

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    If LCW can maintain WR 1 or 2 for RIO, that is good as he will not face CL unless they meet in the final.
    I wonder if anyone can confirm what is BWF/OLY rules that since only 2 players can represent a country in OLY badminton, does the rule states the same 2 players will not be grouped in the same half regardless of ranking? This is quite important as it will be mean that LD will surely be in LCW half, and there is a possibility that LCW would have to face both CHN players if he will to win the gold, provided of course LCW/CL/LD will go to the SF.

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

LD and CJ were in the same half at Beijing 2008.

17. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Good news for DLCW fans, he has vowed to reclaim the World No. 1 spot before the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in August. Enjoy reading :D!

Thursday, 28 January 2016 | MYT 9:39 PM

Chong Wei: I want to be the No. 1 again
    BY TAN MING WAI

dcx_doc6o6r9u72vys1jd7ggvs.jpg

Chong Wei with XOX chief executive officer Ng Kok Heng. - RICKY LAI / The Star

PETALING JAYA: Malaysian badminton ace Lee Chong Wei has vowed to reclaim the world No. 1 spot before the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in August.

That’s the promise he has made after moving up three rungs to No. 2 in the world in the latest ranking released by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) on Thursday.

Chong Wei 77,154 points – 19,000 points behind world No. 1 Chen Long of China.
    The 27-year-old Chen Long, who has yet to play in any competition this year, tops the ranking for the 13th consecutive month with 96,931 points.

The 33-year-old Chong Wei’s meteoric rise has coincided with a resurgence in his form, which has seen him go on a 21-match unbeaten streak since late November.

Chong Wei picked up three straight Superseries titles – French Open, China Open and Hong Kong Open – and capped it by clinching the Malaysian Masters in his home state Penang last week.
    “I’m delighted with my recent form ... haven’t lost a match (since the French Open in November) and winning four tournaments in a row,” said Chong Wei after being unveiled as XOX Mobile brand ambassador here.

Chong Wei believes that he is ready to return to the top position that he once held for six years.
    “I’m really surprised with the progress I’ve made in the last nine months. I was No. 182 then ... now I’m world No. 2,” he said “I have come a long way. It hasn’t been easy to get back to where I am now. If you asked me nine months ago if I ever dreamt of being world No. 1 again, I would probably have told you that it’s not possible.

“Now, I dare to dream again. I’ll try to regain the No. 1 spot ... hopefully before the Olympics.”
    Chong Wei relinquished his No. 1 spot at the end of 2014 after being inactive since the Incheon Asian Games in South Korea last September. He was suspended indefinitely by BWF on Nov 11 following a positive dope test at the World Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark, on Aug 30.
    Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin has overtaken Chong Wei Feng as the national No. 2 – thanks to his runner-up finish at the Malaysian Masters, which moves him up 13 rungs to No. 38.

WORLD RANKINGS
    Men’s singles: 1. Chen Long (Chn), 2. Lee Chong Wei (Mas), 3. Jan O Jorgensen (Den), 4. Kento Momota (Jpn), 5. Lin Dan (Chn).

Selected: 38. Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin, 41. Chong Wei Feng, 42. Zulfadli Zulkiffli, 53. Goh Soon Huat, 64. Soo Teck Zhi, 84. Soong Joo Ven.

Men’s doubles: 1. Lee Yong-dae-Yoo Yeon-seong (Kor), 2. Hendra Setiawan-Mohammad Ahsan (Ina), 3. Fu Haifeng-Zhang Nan (Chn), 4. Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogesen (Den), 5. Chai Biao-Hong Wei (Chn).

Selected: 16. Goh V Shem-Tan Wee Kiong, 17. Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, 32. Hoon Thien How-Lim Khim Wah, 52. Ow Yao Han-Chooi Kah Ming, 82. Darren Isaac Devadass-Vountus Indra Mawan, 93. Jagdish Singh-Roni Tan, 96. Lee Jian Yi-Lim Zhen Tin, 97. Tan Wee Gieen-Teo Ee Yi.

Women’s singles: 1. Carolina Marin (Spa), 2. Saina Nehwal (Ind), 3. Li Xuerui (Chn), 4. Wang Yihan (Chn), 5. Ratchanok Intanon (Tha).

Selected: 31. Tee Jing Yi, 86. Lim Chiew Sien, 93. Ho Yen Mei.

Women’s doubles: 1. Luo Ying-Luo Yu (Chn), 2. Nitya Krishinda Maheswari-Greysia Polii (Ina), 3. Misaki Matsutomo-Ayaka Takahashi (Jpn), 4. Kamilla Rytter Juhl-Christinna Pedersen (Den), 5. Chang Ye-na-Lee So-hee (Kor).

Selected: 11. Vivian Hoo-Woon Khe Wei, 20. Amelia Alicia Anscelly-Soong Fie Cho, 51. Lee Meng Yean-Lim Yin Loo, 63. Yap Cheng Wen-Joyce Choong, 90. Cheah Yee See-Chin Kah Mun.

Mixed doubles: 1. Zhang Nan-Zhao Yunlei (Chn), 2. Tontowi Ahmad-Liliyana Natsir (Ina), 3. Liu Cheng-Bao Yixin (Chn), 4. Ko Sung-hyun-Kim Ha-na (Kor), 5. Joachim Fischer Nielsen-Christinna Pedersen (Den).

Selected: 13. Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying, 43. Tan Aik Quan-Lai Pei Jing, 44. Wong Fai Yin-Chow Mei Kuan, 82. Tan Chee Tean-Shevon Lai Jemie, 89. Tan Kian Meng-Lai Pei Jing.

Source link: http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2016/01/28/chong-wei-want-to-be-no-1-again/

18. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

Taken out of context again. Lol.

19. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

While Lin Dan will win Thomas Cup and Olympics yet again.

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    CHN has 3 players in 2008 OLY is that correct?