Victor Thruster K9900

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by MagicElite, Mar 20, 2015.

1. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Eh, i know answers are not fully black and white, but there is good value in generalizing.

Taking extreme cases, when I design for houses, I don't prepare for a magnitude earthquake 10 would happen, because it's ridiculously unlikely.

Again, I must emphasizing I am generalizing, I don't count stuff that has very low chance of occuring, but people should know who they are. DB, you should know that you don't fit with your background.

Like here, I do think the general has too high tension and 28 is a good number not to surpass.

Of course many other factors influence it:
    Strings can be a big effect, if you string bg65 at like 30 lb and bg66 at 26, it's still very likely the higher tension string will last longer. If you play the back you're also much more likely to say goodbye to the string.

Holding everything else equal, 30 lb should definitely go faster than 28 lb.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    So if you can't believe that lower league players can handle 30+lbs, so you must also be surprised that many people can play with superstiff rackets, or nah?

I think that every string has an elasticity limit. If you always scratch this border the string has to take more stress. If somebody the shuttle pretty fast, the stringbed will bend more or less. If the tension is lower, it will bend more. So I believe that more breakage @28 than @30lbs can be possible, if the string deforms more.

For example. Take to different bouncy balls (a soft one and a hard one). Drop both just 1m. I guess that the softer one will bounce higher. Now accelerate both and them as hard as you can on the floor. You will notice that your rules will come to a limit if somebody will make the hard one bounce higher.

3. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Don't distort my points.

I'm not saying they ALL can't play with superstiff rackets nor handle 30lbs+. I just think it's NOT BEST for MOST of them.

String tension I've explained in my previous posts why 28 goes faster than 30.

Breakage and bouncing are two different things.

Aside from this, I'm going to get more flame for saying the following. I think if you're a rec player why would you care about string tension, choice or even racket choice. It hardly makes a difference in skill level anyway up until you start winning tournaments-even ones hosted by your district. If I were purely recreational I'd just slap on bg 65 at 25 lb and away I go. Strings almost never break, I play at a decent level without worrying about money, time or a significant level drop.

Sentences like I play at 30 lb and I cut the strings because it lost too much tension is honestly laughable and makes you sound like a super pro. Sadly neither ng ka long or lee chun hei would say that in reality. String tension almost makes no difference.

#563 xiaoqiao, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  4. Chrisadology

Chrisadology Regular Member

Well yeah bro, you might/will get flak for that. But let me take a different approach..

Badminton to us is a beloved past-time activity. So it's a personal hobby that if it were to be given up even for one day, it has had better be for a pretty darn good reason or all hell will break loose. Some enter tournaments too, perhaps amateur/semi-pro league. So we take the game seriously and we want to win (even in a social game...c'mon competitive nature right?), the racquet then being our main equipment comes to the fore.

Let's say I play well with a ZF2, stiff and head-heavy, all is great and groovy. Then I found that the next Arcsaber Jedi Master Edition plays much better, allowing me to win most if not all of my games outright, all things being equal. Wouldn't I then rather have the Arc JME in my arsenal? Same goes for the string. Choosing a string that's right for me, at the tension and feel that is in my comfort zone. And if they look good a combo, so much the better. I'm no tournament guy and I don't get sponsored, but I'm serious about my personal game and everything counts.

In a gist, it is personal and people like us love to get intimately involved in something we hold dear. We also do not have the pressure of constantly having to do well in tournaments like the pros, they like them BS12 for consistency. We on the other hand have the pleasure of experimenting, doesn't matter if it is a moving target. That's part of the fun...and agony.

Of course, if you only play once or twice a month, that doesn't count. Use a fly swatter. :D:D

5. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I cut my strings every three weeks because I like the feel of new strings at high tension, so there :)

Plus, I'm a stringer so costs are very minimal.

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    With your logic it's like asking why do normal drivers buy a Subaru WRX STI instead of just stick to a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Unless the player has OCD like some of us...

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I can't believe that this has turned into another "which is the right tension?"-thread.
    There is already a full sticky thread dedicated to this never-ending topic in the strings section.

I would by far be more interested in the deeper background of the TK9900 recall. Does anyone have some more inside info about which of the new technologies was responsible for it?

9. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    There is no information released about the recall from Victor. Victor Europe have not been told however whatever the situation, the racket is due for delivery into Europe in 2016. At the moment I've no idea whether there will be any delays on delvery which was scheduled for March.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

10. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Have taken off the orange grommet strips coz the inside holes at 10 n 2 o'clocks r not holding well the string thru the holes in metal frame.

11. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

yup the grommet seem to haf issues after awhile and restringing at this 2 holes are dangerous as tendency of the grommet cutting the string is very high

12. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Perhaps thats the crux of the recall...

13. Vraven

Vraven Regular Member

The biggest Victor retailer in Germany just told me that he will get the TK 9900 (exclusively in Germany) in August 2016 and he added that Victor gave the informationen, that this will be the worldwide distribution date for the "new" TK9900

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

What will they launch at the All England, then...?

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    HX800 LTD P/C and the SH P9200?

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

So some new shoes, and the same racket twice.

Dear god, that better not happen.

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    B-but. It's victor

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Maybe a new string...

8971011.jpg

19. Vraven

Vraven Regular Member

For Germany it will be the Onigiri, at least in the high-end class. I just asked the retailer about:

TK9900: expected August 2016
    JS JJS: not available in Europe
    Onigiri: expected Feb/March 2016 (All England)
    JS 10 3U: not available in Europe

Maybe there will be some Europe-Specials, but well I think we all are waiting for the rackets discussed here on BC...

20. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    so... if someone want to sell me their tk 9900, could i take it.. what's the risk? Is the defect that clear/obvious?