Victor Hypernano X-800 | 2015

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 23, 2014.

1. alexfun

alexfun Regular Member

Haha, I love this racket so much! I ended up buying another HX800 for spare last week. (JS YYS available in stock) For this HX800, you need to get 3U instead of 4U as 4U is too light-weight to my hand. JS10 4U which is a little too stiff for me (sold it), and BS12N 4U which the shaft is a little soft for me. I'm not sure why, this HX800 gives more confidence when i play. To me, I'm faster in front court doing interception with this racket as compared to JS10. To really test this racket, I reckon you might need to try different poundage of string tension. To me higher tension gives me a more solid feel when smashing and arm-power transferred to the shuttle feels more direct. HX800 also has a bigger frame as compared to JS10, the sweet spot is bigger of cause. The hollow feel comes when i hit the shuttle on the frame. (why give a damn? it's a lousy miss-hit anyway. :p Blehhh... LOL)

Some here argued about techniques... Well, I do agree at some point that correct hitting technique does help generate more rewarding shots from a particular racket. Though, whether the racket does provide the feel you desire or not is totally subject to personal preference IMHO. To me, there is no good or bad racket, only racket that suits you and make you perform confidently in court. This HX800 did nt take long for me to get used to. I basically fall in love with it the very first time i hit it.

Not sure it this is a review but hope this helps.

#821 alexfun, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  2. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

Sounds bad but I want to buy it based off looks alone. Jetspeed 10 as well though I'm not sure I can wield it properly. Sounds like the JS 10 is tough to use. I might splurge for it anyway.

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It's the other way round actually. The JS10 is one of the easiest to use high end rackets out there.

4. vibgyor1111

Then a splurge is in order. Late Christmas presents for me.

vincemcoupe likes this.
  5. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I have used this racket HX800 (3UG5) twice and i am loving it.

Coming from my other rackets like C7, MX80, BS LYD, SW37 4U, TK9000 4U, Zspeed and now HX800. HX800 is definitely head lighter which is easier in term of maneuverability, faster swing, and surprisingly more powerful smash can be generated by myself. The feel on my hand is nice and not like what others are saying "numb". I like it even though it is not as crispy as those stiff rackets like MX80 and Zspeed.

In my first session, I didn't play well with it especially at the net shot since the head weight is lighter compared to my other rackets. So I have some timing issues. The birdie was kept on hitting the net or inaccurate when I played net shot. Other areas of the game were fine. The impressive part is the smashing from the base line. With the help of faster swing, the power generated is greater. However, sometimes the birdie hit the net while I smashed due to timing issue. Overall, It is not a very demanding racket and easy to use.

In my second session, all these issues due to head light were not a problem anymore and I started to enjoy playing with it. It performs very well for me. It is my go to racket at the moment definitely.

Another thing I like very much about it, is the nice design and appearance of the racket. All in all, the racket has been very impressive to me :)

#825 Aryan, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  6. vibgyor1111

I just bought one. Amazing racket. I have the 4u, 3u was unavailable in my area. X-800 next. It's to beautiful for me not to buy.

7. Jchowdhury

Jchowdhury Regular Member

Student
    I used this racket today for the first time, and it was a pleasant surprise! I only use 3U so no 4U review here.

Ive been a victor user from the beginning so have almost used every racket in their arsenal. Ive used MXJJSs, MX90, 12s, 11s, LYDs, JS10's, and even their training rackets. Went out on court today with 28lb BG80, and on the first hit I knew something was different. I was worried other users mentioned a 'Dull' feel in the racket, for me it was completely different, I noticed a very metallic feel from the racket. The feel was similar to the JJS but much more amplified, giving me feedback on every shot I did.

Defence: Not as quick as the Bravesword series, but still quicker than any Meteor series, a balance between the two I would say.

Attack: Here's the kicker, its powerful, but more than that you know where the shuttle is going to go before it lands. Its nowhere near as powerful as the JJS's I have, but its definitely got more a punch than the Bravesword 11 I use regularly.

I love it, especially in 3U it carries a nice bit of weight in the head. I suggest you try before you buy on this racket, the feel of it is completely different, in a good way in my opinion.

8. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

9. Shuttlingus

Shuttlingus Regular Member

The Power one does like nice...

Shame it's not the one i would gravitate too these days. Think i do better with med/med-stiff rackets... But the Control looks a bit ugly. :/

10. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

hello HX 800 user
    can you compare between MX 90 vs Hx 800
    some store still sell discontinued MX 90

today i've tried MX 90 and it feels good
    but can you tell what is the difference between mx 90 and HX ?
    i want to buy a new racket and maybe MX 90/HX 800

because the shop says that HX is the successor of the discontinued MX
    is newer always better? that means newer technology and material

11. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Hi Paul,

My apologies on reviving a dormant thread. But was looking to get back into Victor rackets and this thing caught my eye. I'm generally a 4u Voltric user (zf2, 80 & 80-etune) who favours the net/midcourt areas and employ plenty of drives, blocks and pushes in my games.

What I would like to know is whether the 3u HX800 would be a better choice or should I go for the 4u?

I have tried the JS10 in the past but couldn't quite capture that unique swing type to unlock the full potential of the racket and ended up falling back to the "Vanilla" VT80.

12. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Renmazuo27 - Whilst I don't feel a racet as you do, I would opt for the 3U version. Although I haven't tested the 4U version, I feel the racket will lose potency by going lighter. Compared to your ZF2, even in a 4U, this should feel really nice and swing fast.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

13. dhobo

dhobo Regular Member

For those who played with JS YYS 3u could compare with X-800 3u. I own JS10 4u and wanted a different one as "backup".

14. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

HX800 and YYS are not really a good comparison, both have different characteristics, so end up it is still depended on which feeling you prefer. HX800 gives me the feeling of balance and easy to handle, so it can make shuttle go fast with the power of shuttle is still there. YYS is on Victor speed series, so it swing speed is slight faster than HX800. However, when you hit to the shuttle, you will feel that the point of contact is slower than HX800, I guess is because of HX800 is light. Both comparisons are on 3U version, so feeling like HX800 shuttle speed would be faster.

Personally prefer JSYYS as it handled better vibration compare to HX800, but if you look for something more balance and easy to use, HX800 would be your choice.

15. ahren92

ahren92 Regular Member

badminton nerd
    anyone experiencing this problem, its hard to hit the sweet spot ? coming of a bg80p @26x28.... i find that most of my shots are not hitting the sweet spot, or could this be a stringer problem...

16. Jchowdhury

Jchowdhury Regular Member

Student
    Everyone who's tried my pair of hx800 do say it feels like the string bed is very "hard" even when the tension is low. But that's the reason I love it!

17. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I have tested different string tensions on my HX800 and found that a 1lb differential produced better results for me. I increased tension as well and now use 28/29 lbs and my racet sings. By the way, I strung it in Zymax Fire Power 66

18. ahren92

ahren92 Regular Member

badminton nerd
    im gonna give it another go tonight by playing harder games, once i getting into a better groove, results might vary

19. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

I felt the same as you and it became better when I adjusted my hitting to a lower area of the string bed.

I'm thinking that maybe the sweet spot of the racket is a bit lower than other rackets.

20. ahren92

ahren92 Regular Member

badminton nerd
    yea, i had to adjust my grip as well, i had to hold it higher up to hit them better