2016 Badminton ASIA Team Championships : Knock-out Stage (19th-21st February)

Discussion in 'Continental Team Championships 2016' started by CLELY, Feb 18, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry to say this is the junior players send only for this tournament only. They won't be playing in the real Thomas Cup finals though I just wished they would be considered. In the Thomas Cup finals the better senior players will play. But I am also unsure who will play.

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

LCW, GVS/TWK, TBH/KKK are not participating in the TC at all this year.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I guess for a country that just wanted to expose their junior players only, Malaysia certainly have done a good job. All their juniors have spring in some surprises. The better senior players will play in the actual Thomas Cup finals. I am hoping this juniors will be considered too due to their good performance thus far.

Comparatively Korea that send in their best A team players are not doing a good job here. Korea nearly lost to Hong Kong but in the end win narrowly 3-2, then today Korea lose to Japan 0-3.

4. gaara

gaara Regular Member

I don't see them improving anytime soon. Infact, none of Indian double players have what it takes to become top contenders, except maybe one or two, but even then they have the wrong partners. They are just there to fill up numbers for the tournaments.
    Some things can only be taught at the basic level, not when they are playing at the international level.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

They will. My friends told me that senior players will play in the real Thomas Cup finals. But it is not officially released yet. Then now may have lots of changes to the line up due to junior superb and good performance. So this juniors may be considered too. Perhaps it may be a team that comprises of senior junior players. Unsure.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes friend I believe that India may stand a chance to win if kashyap is playing as MS 2 today :)

7. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Congratulations Indonesia! You have a great badminton history and culture. :)
    Ginting Anthony keeps growing from strength to strength, he was very impressive.

The players who play well in Team matches are good for the big tournaments like the Olympics. For India Manu/Sumeeth and Ajay J were exposed. They should not be selected for the Olympic team. Manu/Sumeeth play better at individual tournaments.
    In Men Doubles
    Akshay/Chopra should represent India at Rio.
    In Singles
    Srikanth and Prannoy should represent India.

Kashyap or Ajay may steal points and mess it up for Prannoy.

8. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Kashyap "excels"..... Hard to keep a straight face while typing Chote.... Which Kashyap are u referring to??? The sage who is supposedly the patrilineal progenitor of my gotta OR the director of Gangs of Wasseypur??? Surely can't be Panauti Kashyap, the unwanted baggage of our badminton team.

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

believe me my friend. Stupid BAM insists on only junior players this time. I agree that LCW should focus only on the Olympic this year and come out on top ranked #1 slaying LD and CL. He does not need to participate in TC.

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2016/01/15/bam-name-thomas-cup-squad/

http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/01/122496/frost-confident-msia-will-qualify-2016-thomas-cup-finals

#369 indrg, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=122085]Fan123[/MENTION] [MENTION=122561]Nine Tailed Fox[/MENTION] [MENTION=123108]Baddyforall[/MENTION] [MENTION=119443]badmuse[/MENTION]

Hi India did a good job this time. Be happy.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh lets not talk about who will represent Malaysia in the Thomas Cup finals anymore. It will become very controversial later. Anyway the seniors will be send for sure. But now the juniors playing extremely well so may have mixture of senior junior players. Anyway not important to know who play I guess. Hope lets stop discussing it.

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

So the finals for tomorrow sill be

Women team China versus Japan.

Men team Indonesia versus Japan.

So who will win?

Women team I predict China.

Men team I predict Japan.

13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

[MENTION=121556]blabl[/MENTION]
    Thank you! You are very generous with your compliments. India has a long way to go.
    At least they got a bronze medal. :)

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I predict JPN in the Women and INA in the Men.

JPN vs. INA will be a close match. It is either INA 3-2 or JPN 3-2 totally set by Hendra/Ahsan vs. Endo/Hayakawa. If Hendra/Ahsan not in the mood, INA can lose for sure unless Ginting or I dare say Ihsan Maulana and 2nd MD can tie up the series. INA can't be down 2-0 early.

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

why not? This is a badminton forum. what is so controversial about the discussion? When you are telling the news about MAS TC team, it seems that you know more about them therefore people naturally is interested to know if there are team A players that will be playing for MAS. fair enough?

#375 indrg, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Because we all don't know who will play either so how to keep discussing it? Thank you.

17. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Great job by team India, both women and men. In men, we could have even won it all vs Ina today n Jap tomorrow. And AJ anyday is better than PK. A dozen losses can't be compared with a dozen years of losses.

18. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

I believe Malaysia's Thomas Cup campaign will be headed by Commander LEE CHONG WAY.....With side support from Goh/Tan and Zulkiffli.

19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

JPN is so good. Again the Women and Men teams are proven to be above the rest in team competition. It is awesome!

20. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Yes brother, we were excellent in both disciplines, esp men. And credit should go to our great coach who has taken a country which used to produce a brilliant individual every decade (ora half) to this excellent conveyor belt of above average, competent players, in less than 15 years.
    We will be doomed if his succession plan is planned by anyone not named Gopichand. He needs to groom coaches now