ZForce 2 vs JetSpeed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by dnguyen93, Mar 7, 2016.

1. dnguyen93

dnguyen93 Regular Member

Any expert out there could help me comparing the two rackets, Yonex Voltric ZForce 2 (4U) vs Victor Jet Speed 10 (4U)?

I have heard some people said head light racket, Jet Speed 10 in this case, will give you faster swing, meaning more power and control, is this really true or depending more on personal feeling?
    Thanks in advance.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I'm not an expert, but played with both. Maybe my advice is a bit biased on the JS10, because it's my go-to, but maybe this helps a bit.

Power: ZF2 > JS10
    Agility (defence, drives, net): JS10 > ZF2
    Feel: JS10 > ZF2

I really depends, what kind of player you are. A singles player would happier with ZFII 4U.
    In MD it also depends what area you shine. The hard smasher (BTW only a few include myself would say that their smash is not a deadly missile) would be happier with a ZFII 4U. I'm more a balanced player, which means that I could take the net and the back, equally and be more the clever guy instead of a real beast, so I think the JS10 is great for my type.
    For mixed doubles I also prefer the JS10 due better defence but ZFII 4U would also usable and okay for me. IMO your question is not easy to answer and it depends on your type, abilities and kind of player. I would call the JS10 the sporty low carb version of ZFII. IMO both great rackets. I rarely play singles, but for a pure singles player the ZFII is the better choice.

Sianturi likes this.
  3. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Disagree with you on feel. ZF2 is heavier and therefore has superb feeling.
    JS10 is much faster meaning you can in many cases launch quick attack with JS10 when you would have to hit neutral or defensive shot with ZF2. Also changing shot direction at the last moment is easy with JS10, something that helps is doubles especially.

Important difference is smashing technique with these two; ZF2 requires longer swing due to heavy head and for JS10 it is better to use short quick swing. It takes some time to learn both styles if one is not familiar with different types of rackets.

For singles I use ZF2 3U since it's so much easier to hit defensive clears and has better feeling overall. That helps on netplay as well.

My doubles weapon of choice is JS10. Quick racket really helps in fast paced rallies.

Just my personal opinions.

Sianturi likes this.
  4. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

It is true in theory. Jetspeed has less mass and faster acceleration. ZF2 has more mass in the head but slower acceleration. So mostly depends on your swing. I went from a voltric 80 4u to a JS104u and didn't really lose any power because I have a pretty compact swing. It's a lot faster in defense for me so I made the switch. However, someone with a long wind up may experience something different.

5. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    It's alright. ;) ZF2 4U is heavier than JS10 4U? So, so...You made my day.:D Just kidding...Yonex rackets are a bit more dampened and I got a better feel/feedback on contact/impact with the shuttle with the JS10. But you are right, too. A bit more head mass tell you better where the head actually is. So we are both right, but just have a different understanding. ;)

6. shellybindra

shellybindra New Member

Hello,

What are yout thoughts on a comparasion between Yonex Nanospeed 9000 and Jetspeed S10? Both are balance light headed racquets. I am using Nanospeed 9000 and like the pace, control, smash and eash to manouver around. Would JS10 provide same output if choose to go ahead with JS10.. Cheers

7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I played a NS9000 X-Type once with a sloppy stringing job and it was around 2009/2010, so I can't compare.

8. lampham93

lampham93 Regular Member

Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a jetspeed 10 as a spare racquet when my arm is tired. Does it take you long to switch between zf2 4u and js10 4u? How different is the balance?

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Some people I know like to swith between very different racquets during a play session, to renew their feelings, but most of the people would consider playing with two different racquets a bad idea, because of timing issues.

10. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I agree. If somebody look for a racket when the arm is tired, he/she uses a wrong type of racket/string/tension or do a badminton marathon. I never felt that just my arm was tired. I was generally tired and couldn't run/jump etc. at 100%. Never had this issue and can' recommend something. For me it's pretty bad to change the racket during a match. Even in a session could be difficult for me. If I can't play a 3h session or a tournament (~6 matches), I should work on my strength, stamina, technique or should think about my go-to racket and string choice.

11. lampham93

lampham93 Regular Member

Well, I play with zf2 and switch to the FB at the end of the session with no issue. I just want to know if it's also easy to switch between js10 and zf2.

12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Depends. If you can do this huge jump (ZF2 -> FB) without any issues, the JS10 shouldn't be a problem, too. :)

13. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I agree with ucantseeme. Legs and general fatigue always comes first. Switching to a friendlier racket would only help you get the shuttle over to the other side easier IF you could get to the shuttle. Certain rackets requires above average core strength to draw its potential which causes fatigue.
    I use both zf2LD 4U and js10 4U for doubles. Zf2LD is head heavier and js10 is faster. I felt easier when I'm using the zf2LD because my swing benefit more from the head weight. Js10 is fast fast fast everywhere but I do need to utilise my core strength more to do a good smash. Stick smashing with js10 is faster but zf2LD does have more control.
    One thing I find very interesting is that, my hand tells me that zf2LD and js10 have the same vibration dampening. I can see why some say they feel hollow but to me it's just good dampening, old people need to take care of our shoulder.

14. bos_dc2

bos_dc2 Regular Member

Not sure if this helps but the ZF2 4U is my go-to.

When I owned the JS10 4U for a short stint, I noticed that I would get shoulder pain after playing with it and the pain was consistent throughout 3-4 months.

I switched over to the ZF2 4U and never looked back. I wonder if it could've been the stiff shaft & fairly light headweight that contributed to the pain.

Sianturi likes this.
  15. rocky4

rocky4 Regular Member

Student
    So about a couple days ago I've just gotten a Jetspeed S10 4UG5 and comparing it with a 3UG5 ZF2 I was suprised that I got arm to shoulder pains within a 3 hours session of play. I didn't get that sort of pain when playing with the ZF2, which is kind of odd. I was contemplating was the stiffness actually stiffer on the Jetspeed S10 than the ZF2, which was probably unlikely as ZF2 is extra stiff so I was at a loss. I am also thinking that it may have had been the stringing tension. But the tension on my racket on and the Jetspeed were near the same at 26 lbs but with just different strings. I am planning to cut the string of the Jetspeed S10 as it was not my preference as it was a purchased that I made from a second hand. Planning to use a BG66 ultimax at the same tension and give it a go. I really do like that it does swing faster than my ZF2 (which isn't really fair for comparison as my ZF2 is indeed a 3U.. lols but.. yeah). For some reason my go to is still the Duora 10 and the Jetspeed S12 at the moment. But I would like to adjust to the Jetspeed S10. :rolleyes:

16. rocky4

rocky4 Regular Member

Student
    Did you too also feel that your Jetspeed S10 was for whatever reasons stiffer than your ZF2? Perhaps that was the cause of the shoulder pains? Unless it was the technique / form of your swing before getting used to the S10?

hm_andhika likes this.
  17. Stever7425

Stever7425 Regular Member

How did this scenario end up for you,? are you still using js10 or did the pain persist

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

18. lurker

lurker Regular Member

i hv quite a similar experience with you
    i think it's due to we are so used with the power of the zf2 tht we swing harder with the headlight racket hoping to get similar power thus getting pain

19. Stever7425

Stever7425 Regular Member

How do you find the stiffness of the js10

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

20. lurker

lurker Regular Member

i dont hv the js10
    got a zf2 @ 30lbs bg80
    vs
    apacs avp @28 lbs bg80