Swiss Open 2016 Grand Prix Gold (Qualifications round to Finals)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2016' started by blabl, Mar 15, 2016.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I think partly due to the lack of stardom for HBJ, so she is not in many fans' radar at the moment. she is a bit overshadowed by her seniors at the moments.

her time will come.

2. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Ehmm.. Sorry. I was too lazy to read the rest of the thread.. Are there many players who withdrawn first? LCW Is nowhere to be seen, but his name came up as the first seed

3. Upquark

Upquark Regular Member

Java developer
    Excuse me, but I thought that some time ago, it was agreed on that we were going to use the players' full names instead of abbreviating them? Can't find the announcement, but I'm sure it was said somewhere by a moderator...

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's now, but that's not how they talked about them, including Intanon and Akane, when they first started to show some results. Yeah, you sensed my point, I was actually trying to lure those guys out, indirectly as it was so quiet when HBJ just knocked out Intanon.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Right, of course, HBJ at 19 yeas old is at the same age when LXR transitioned from junior to senior circuit and within two years ascended the summit at 21 to win the most coveted prize of Olympic gold.

6. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    What kind of upset is this? CHN great XD Xu/Ma loses to unknown French XD, how can that happen?

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I think MJ career is slowly fading away, no RIO. After RIO, ZYL retires and a new batch takes over.

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

no choice, who told the MAS pair no train good flick serves and play like Lee/Yoo, Ahsan/Setiawan & Endo/Hayakawa...

9. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

HS Prannoy surprised with a win over Rajiv Ousehp 21-13, 21-18. Once again reinforcing India's MS reputation, dangerous but unpredictable! He is a more balanced player with attack and defense and has a great opportunity to grab the 2nd MS place for Rio.
    Tanongsak SAENSOMBOONSUK used his experience and superior attack to outwit Sameer Verma who unfortunately had an off day.
    Tanongsak is also unpredictable and mentally vulnerable. This match is 50:50, the player who holds his nerve and has the hunger and desire to advance will win. I hope Prannoy wins! ;)

PV Sindhu had an erratic performance against Pai Yu Po She had a good lead in game 2 and easily gave it up with too many loose shots. She needs to tighten up her game and reduce the unforced errors if she wants to go further. She has played 19+ tournaments and its starting too affect her performance. Sindhu needs a break which she is not going to get until the last SS event in June.
    Sindhu has a good record against Chinese players and the 'Golden flowers'. She respects but does not fear them.
    HE Bingjiao continues to impress with her rise as top 20 player. She still has a lot of hard work to do before she can match China's WS trio of 'Golden flowers'. She is still dangerous and unpredictable like Sindhu. She has an opportunity to topple Sindhu but has to maintain focus and be relentless. Two dangerous and unpredictable players face off. This match is again 50:50 Sindhu please win! ;)

Saina Nehwal
    had a tough match with Kristina GAVNHOLT. 21-18, 21-17 I am wondering if the birthday girl was too distracted with her birthday celebrations! She was extremely active on twitter. She needs time to become match fit and is not yet at optimum fitness level. This is one tournament where she can gain points. Today's match will help put in perspective her current form. She has a good record against Japanese players and loves playing them, normally.
    Sayaka SATO is a dangerous left hander but is also inconsistent. The Japanese coaches are very thorough like the Chinese in doing their homework.
    Saina should win provided she maintains her focus and plays fearless badminton. Go Saina! :)

10. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-

Prediction
    Tanongsak
    HBJ
    SN
    MZ
    XS

11. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

will Koo/Tan able to enter SF tonigh as they gonna up against ENG dark horse pair in QF tonight...?

12. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    should be able.

13. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

He Bingjiao can easily beat the 'Golden flowers'. He BJ as third WS for the Uber Cup would do wonders.

14. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    FOX what is ur prediction :D

15. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

I will be shocked if Spongebob loses to PV Sindhu. Despite her young age,she is mentally very strong.

Expecting Xue Song to win this tournament.

Prannoy should unseat YoYo today.

16. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    FOX
    XS
    PRANNOY
    HBJ

how bout MZ vs CTC

17. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    KKK vs English pair
    LSM vs CHINA MD
    VIVIAN vs THAI

tough call

18. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    Good morning to all.....yesterday I have watched saina match,she has played badly and no movements.....I wonder if she continue be like this,she ll go out of 10 in world ranking before RIO....yesterday she used power smash only....so many net error(usually she dont).......good luck for today match!

19. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Fox, I am talking about the 'Golden Flowers' overall performance like winning SS, SSP Titles, Asian Games Medals, World Championship Medals and Olympic medals! ;)

20. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    CdTLN5fWIAI0Fg5.jpg

Nice to see both together....:)