Swiss Open 2016 Grand Prix Gold (Qualifications round to Finals)

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2016' started by blabl, Mar 15, 2016.

1. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    ^ WYH is surely one of the most friendly player in the CHN team! No disrepect for others but the she is unquestionably the most courteous CHN WS!

2. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Wowww what do I miss yesterday!
    Happy go lucky HBJ even with her lack of fitness level toppled former WC and improved RI in a decider! Great work from her, she should soon surpass atleast SY with the saw confidence level
    HSP's astonishingly thrashed RO,who is a very tricky and focused opp! He'll now play TS a LH I hope he avenge SV's def!
    SN will be tested on the grounds of Movement today! Sato can run all day and has good punch clears!
    PVS as always is hit and melt girl, if he manages her tempo she should win HBJ, but then you know the rest :p

3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Another shock is Xu/Ma lost yet again! It's time either to swap Ma Jim's partner or allow her to play in WD

4. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    I have watched their match yesterday....Ma Jin was not talking or discusion with her partner......both are playing their own way not coordinately.....thats why they lost.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lots of upsets certainly have happened in this tournaments. Just checked the scores today and found out wow lots of upsets indeed. At least 12 upsets created yesterday. Wow with so many top notch and good players being bundled out yesterday I am really thinking is there something fishy behind those results. Woe even top notch players from countries like China, Japan and Indonesia have been bundled out from this tournament. Sad indeed to see such a thing happening. Ever since All England with so many upsets created, now we have this Swiss Open that creates a lot if upsets too.

Definitely felt sad for those good players that lose. Too many of them so guess I don't need to list their names here. I am nor trying to give the good Asia players some excuses. But I guess these good Asia who have lost certainly haven't adjusted themselves well to the European time zone. That is the reason I can think off. Perhaps jetlag due to different timing cannot sleep. Well today I guess more and more upsets will set in too.

Now it is going to be so difficult to predict who will win in the tournaments because upsets can happen at any time. Well good luck to all those players who will be playing in the quarterfinals today. Hope the good players will really win their match today.

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

By the 3rd day, INA 1 XD, 1 MD and 2 MS are already done in a Swiss Open Gold... disappointing. ; Saputra/Agriawan hasn't won again since their first INA master Open title last year?

7. skhai91

skhai91 Regular Member

Engineer
    Guys, I just saw in the tournament software that Xue Song has walked over. Anyone knows why?

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Qingchen is very fast, alert, and anticipates well at the front court.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Remember Xue Song's injury,rather leg cramp, at the AE in the match with Lin Dan ? Probably it worsened (re-occurred?) a little yesterday, so didn't want to risk aggravating it. Just saying.

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh wow congratulations to the young China WD who just win their match. Both played so well today against a veteran player. Good future ahead of her.

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    U mean XD??...

12. Pirayeba67

Pirayeba67 Regular Member

Head hunter
    She is like a hungry tigress, very unlike MJ. Wang Yilv should improve his positional awareness. China is trying out this pair and the Zheng Siwei -Li Yinhui pair.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yeah sorry typo error in a hurry. Thanks.

14. skhai91

skhai91 Regular Member

Engineer
    Oh yeahh.. That really makes sense, his injury actually slipped my mind completely! Really hope it recovers soon, Xue Song has really proved himself to be a true rising star in these two tournaments.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Just checked the betting website and fund out some interesting things there. The bet for Saina Nehwal is 1.40 ^ while for Sayaka Sato it is 2.75 ^. I am just hoping that the bets I saw at the website won't influence any of the badminton results later.

With so many upsets created in this tournament and so many good Asia players bundled out from this tournament, I begin to suspect that the bets placed at the betting website plays an important role after all.

16. phihag

phihag Regular Member

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/158851-Player-s-full-names

Since most players here seem to prefer abbreviations, scroll down in that thread for a list of abbreviations - you are welcome to add to that.

Is this number of upsets really that extraordinary? In yesterday's games, the higher-seeded player won 67% of the time. While there are some surprising results - namely the top seeded Chinese XD leaving the tournament - I don't think that this is statistically significant.

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    The WD match will be a long long saga I presume, with TQ/ZYL edging out their JPN opp!
    Shizuka/Mami can run all day, but lacks adventurism in their play! They just don't take risk which is why they haven't been as successful as their CHN opp of today

18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Not at all! I "bet" they don't even visit those sites let alone thinking about it! INFLUENCE is out of question all together
    Asians getting out as you say can be because of fatigue! Most of them have been here, in Europe for alomost a month now, the climate the timezone and other factors are significant enough! Needless to mention Europeans esp Doubles pair are getting better and better

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

No I just mention it because of so many upsets. Hmmm.... That's okay. Anyway I myself also cannot understand what is written at the betting website. Let it be. Its okay.

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

First when I wanted to watch the matches in this tournament today I started to think? Which player and which match to watch? Then I said so many good Asia players have been bundled out from this tournament. So many exciting matches gone leaving behind those lower ranked ones. Now I really don't know what match to watch.