Buying quality shuttles on Alibaba

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Rhand, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Rhand

Rhand New Member

As a coach and academy we go through approx 30 dozen a month and was wondering whether anyone has had experience with buying shuttles from traders on Alibaba and what sort of recomendations can you make?

thanks!

2. m3w78

m3w78 Regular Member

real estate
    Buying shuttles on Alibaba is like putting a love letter in a bottle, and throwing it in the ocean. You'd have to be really lucky to get anything good out of it.

3. vile10

vile10 Regular Member

a box is usually 25 tubes, if you're buying overseas, it's best that you buy in the increment of 25 tubes, if you're serious, I can introduce you to a few guys in China but still, shipping is heck of expensive

4. Bijltje

Bijltje New Member

I have ordered two tubes of "AS-50" from AliExpress.. very dissapointing quality. My expectations were not high, and the prhase "you get what you pay for" seems applicable.
    But, you might be Lucky.

5. Senthil Subash

Senthil Subash New Member

Hello, Im trying to get 50 tubes ordered to Chennai, India. Could you please introduce me to good dealers?

6. ronsonc

ronsonc New Member

AliExpress birds are overpriced. your best bet is to buy from Taobao. Same company as AliExpress but it's mainly targeted at China/Asia locals.

You'll need to research to figure out what's good, but they have a lot of brands that are of good quality/price.

I'm in Canada, and shipping takes 1 week after the consolidated shipping company receives it. Total time is about 7-10 business days. you need to order 25+ tubes to make it worth it because of the shipping cost.

There are two consolidated shipping options on Taobao, one uses UPS and the other uses EMS. you need to check with each one to see if they are allowed to ship badminton shuttlecocks to your country.

for Canada, only the EMS option will work.

chenjun1990 likes this.