Voltric 80 E-Tune or Voltric Z-Force II?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ritchieminton, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Ritchieminton

Ritchieminton New Member

Hey guys, I recently realized that the I am currently starting to "outgrow" my current racquet. With my birthday coming up soon, I thought I could ask my parents to buy me a new racquet. Surely, they agreed and now I am stuck with the predicament of having to choose between two exemplary racquets. I have a tournament coming up soon and I need to have ample time in order to get used to the new racquet. I have heard that the Z-Force II has a more "solid" feeling when you hit the bird and the 80 E-Tune is very alike the Voltric 80 (except for the grommet strips) which was a huge success for Yonex. I have the demo version of 80 E-Tune and I will be borrowing the Z-Force II from a friend for a day or two but I want a second opinion on these two racquets. I am not buying the Z-Force II because LCW used it or the 80 E-Tune because Jan O Jorgenson used it if that helps. I have enough strength as well to use the 3U version but I am used to slightly lighter racquets. Thanks!

2. Ritchieminton

Ritchieminton New Member

I have used Voltric racquets from the very beginning when I started playing badminton and as you can probably guess I have an attacking style

3. phorge

phorge Regular Member

You can't go wrong with either. Both are excellent rackets. VTZF2 is definitely stiffer that VT80ETN and is a joy to use if you like the feel.

Since you're going to try out both, you will be in a good position to find out the one you like. Good luck!

4. Chunithm

Chunithm Regular Member

zforce 2 has a more compact frame therefore a smaller sweetspot so may be hard if you are not an advanced player. The extreme stiffness is also an issue and is not suitable for long rallies or sessions unless your shoulder is strong enough to handle it.

5. Ritchieminton

Ritchieminton New Member

Thanks for the recommendations and info, I tested both of them out and I'd say VTZ2 is most suitable for me. I may have the weight ordered as 4u but maybe 3u is ok

6. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Enjoy playing with one of the best rackets out there right now.

7. Ritchieminton

Ritchieminton New Member

8. neesatrana

neesatrana Regular Member

Service
    Both are brilliant rackets as I use both... For extreme accuracy in shots go for ZF2.

9. KingLCW

KingLCW Regular Member

Student
    ZF2, much better