Victor Hypernano X-800 | 2015

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 23, 2014.

1. dream01

dream01 Regular Member

i play tonight,js 10 vs hx800.haha

2. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

I recently restrung this racket in Ashaway 66FP at 24/26 and after a couple of weeks, this is starting to feel like a pretty good racket. After purchasing and restringing, I think the tension was too low & incorrect pattern and I didn't get on with this racket. I still make a few mishits/frame/6'oclock but much less than before.
    So to those who previously didn't like it, I'd say try different strings/tension and play with it more. For me, It has gone from a "bad purchase" to "wow, this is nice"... though it's taken a long time!.

3. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
  4. Monopoly

Monopoly New Member

Has anyone got any more information on the Hypernano X800 LTD Power and Control rackets? Apparently they are expected to be available in May or June according to tennisnuts (here and here) but I can't find any information on how they feel when compared to the standard HX800.

5. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

i got a hx800 ltd power on my trip to malaysia :D just need to get it strung and will give a review

6. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Looking forward to it. The LTD Power looks rather interesting.

7. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I had a feel of these rackets at the All Englands. Control is more even balance and therefore feels lighter in the swing. Power feels more like the original HX800 but may be a touch stiffer.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

8. dnguyen93

dnguyen93 Regular Member

Hi Mr. Paul,
    Have you heard about HX-Air as well? How is it compared to X800/800LTD-P?

Thanks,
    Chris

9. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Air is very different. We have a 5U in Europe which is so fast for defence. HX80 is a real star performer. The Air is going to feel very light compared to the 800 variations. I expect the 4U version will feel more solid in the hit compared to 5U although it's still a solid hitter.

In my opinion there is no need to make a 5U version of any racket. The pro players will not use them. Depending on head weight, pro players will use either 3U or 4U weight. 5U weights tend to suit more defensive players at a certain standard. Also, those players with natural power may find them really good too. The downside is that the 5U models tend to be strung at a lower tension.

Paul

Bieffe likes this.
  10. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    what is your tension for this racket?

11. ShadowKnight

ShadowKnight Regular Member

difference from hx800 p & c
    a few increase and decrease balance point

thythye.png

thythye2.png

D4r3w and ucantseeme like this.
  12. Chrisadology

Chrisadology Regular Member

I have both the HX800 and the HX800-Power. Both 3u at 27lbs on Aerosonic strings.

The HX800 felt to me something like a mashmallow at first, overly light and no real feel to it. I couldn't get the smash going, couldn't get the backhand to fire and certainly didn't like the overall feel of the stringbed. No solidity to it as compared to say... ZF2, BS, MX, etc... I was quite ready to sell it off, and then Bam! We clicked. Don't ask how or why. I couldn't figure it out myself, it just happened...

It now fires pretty good missiles - judging from the opposite sides reaction, backhand's good, clearance's good, easy to use and quite the fast one for defense. Feel is still subjective though. I can live with it given its performance but yeah...could be better.

The new dog, HX800-P, has gotten 3-4 sessions in. It definitely plays stiffer and maybe a tad heavier overall. Stringbed feels more solid too, maybe due to the stiffer shaft or that new Hard-Cored tech built in that is missing from the original. It hits harder, strikes better and probably just as fast as the HX800, just yesterday's evening game caught a few point blank kills sending the other side scrambling. It will require more from you though since its a more demanding piece but the overall play is more rewarding and direct, in time it will loosen up and get even better. This will be my main racquet for now and Black H will be on hand for when I am spent.

On a side note, the HX800-P has a more conventional feel to it than its older sibling so I'll venture to say you'll get accustomed to it quicker than you would with the HX800. I did. And did I tell you that it looks good? Paintwork is sharp and striking, bold glossy graphics and lines, coupled with reflective gold letterings and nice textures...looks premium and attractive.

13. Kiyoshi

Kiyoshi New Member

Agree with your comment.

I keep playing with HX800 for nearly 1 year.
    It's the most weirdest racket.

You need plenty of time to get familiarised with it. The stringbed feeling is just weird and the sweet spot is just far smaller than what everyone expected. And a little bit down shifting.

And what so weird is that every shuttle out of the sweet spot will have a strong vibration react to your hand and loss very much of the power. The loss is still noticable when compare to other small surface area racket like JS10 and Yonex Z-force.

But if you get to know with HX800 , the shuttle speed from the sweet spot is perfectly fast and force transmission is incredibly direct! Without losing much of the control.

I would say this racket is quite demanding for you to play with such a small and weird sweet spot. No mercy for an inch of inaccurate.

But for me it's okay. At least it can train up your concentration in match. Still fast enough for defending, strong for attacking.
    A real all-round racket.

visor likes this.
  14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The JS10 was also not an easy out of the box racket. You need a compact 2 step swing to get it full potential. IMO such unique rackets are really great. Hate it or love it, but I had the feel of many expensive rackets that they also play like a cheap Carlton and just the mind does the trick. Would like to test the HX800.

15. ganandoor56

ganandoor56 Regular Member

Can someone tell omething about the red "Hypernano x80" please? Is there a big gap between the X800?

16. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Servus, Gruezi und Hallo. Why are you eying with HX80? It's actually at around 130€ in GER, which I would call a pretty high price for something mid-end. I can't answer your question, but you wouldn't go for an VT7 instead of VT70 if the difference is just 30€, right? IMO the Victor mid-end prices are very high and these rackets are pretty fast on and off on the german market. The chance to get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th after 2-3 years will be 0, regardless BnS section here, ebay or deadstock. So I would always go for the high end.

ganandoor56 likes this.
  17. ganandoor56

ganandoor56 Regular Member

Sers! I'm very curious about both od them. If there is no big difference, I think I'd buy the X80 and spend 30€ less. If it breaks after 2 years, then I'd choose something else. So what is the X80 actually? A 3rd class product maybe?

18. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I am currently testing HX80. First impressions...very nice. A little weight in the head but not too much. It has a more solid feel compared to HX800. I need more time with it, but it was one of the stand out rackets when we did initial testing at All Englands.

Paul

19. preludez86

preludez86 Regular Member

IT Support
    Jsut curious, does victor release jp coded hx800 ltd?

20. preludez86

preludez86 Regular Member

IT Support

Attached Files: